Front Desk Receptionist Positions

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

iamdareeldiva@yahoo.com in Hyattsville, Maryland

62 months ago

It seems to me that employers are forgetting that the first person to meet and greet you when you enter an establishment is the core of that company. It can make or break the deal. Warm, friendly professionalism with a positive attitude has vanished. It seems now that companies focus more on how you look. Don't get me wrong, appearance is important, but as long as you are polished, neat and your attire is professional that should do it. Some people have the natural nak for this. I am one of them and yet....I am just being passed over and my skills on the front desk are excellent...ps I look good too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Danlette T Benson in Saint Paul, Minnesota

61 months ago

I'm an exprienced receptionist for ten or years, now I have just found the position front desk receptionist.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bonds in Riverside, California

47 months ago

iamdareeldiva@yahoo.com in Hyattsville, Maryland said: It seems to me that employers are forgetting that the first person to meet and greet you when you enter an establishment is the core of that company. It can make or break the deal. Warm, friendly professionalism with a positive attitude has vanished. It seems now that companies focus more on how you look. Don't get me wrong, appearance is important, but as long as you are polished, neat and your attire is professional that should do it. Some people have the natural nak for this. I am one of them and yet....I am just being passed over and my skills on the front desk are excellent...ps I look good too.

I agree with you totaly. The receptionist is the first impression of the company you are entering. If your greeter has a nasty attitude then the first thing I think of is she/he is not being treated right by the boss/company and I may not want to do business with this company if they don't care how they treat there employees or they don't care how there employees treat there customers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bonds in Riverside, California

47 months ago

I agree with you totaly. The receptionist is the first impression of the company you are entering. If your greeter has a nasty attitude then the first thing I think of is she/he is not being treated right by the boss/company and I may not want to do business with this company if they don't care how they treat there employees or they don't care how there employees treat there customers

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

lori l. in Louisville, Kentucky

46 months ago

i need a job so bad please call if anyones know of something to help me ot. im also a f/t p.m. student at sullivan univ.please email me with any info
lorilex74@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lucille in Phoenix, Arizona

20 months ago

iamdareeldiva@yahoo.com in Hyattsville, Maryland said: It seems to me that employers are forgetting that the first person to meet and greet you when you enter an establishment is the core of that company. It can make or break the deal. Warm, friendly professionalism with a positive attitude has vanished. It seems now that companies focus more on how you look. Don't get me wrong, appearance is important, but as long as you are polished, neat and your attire is professional that should do it. Some people have the natural nak for this. I am one of them and yet....I am just being passed over and my skills on the front desk are excellent...ps I look good too.

I totally understand! When I go for a job interview and there are younger people there also, they tell me if they need me to come back, they will call me. I KNOW exactly what that means! I am mature, and well preserved for my age, and LOTS of WISDOM!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.