LOSING YOUR UNEMPLOYMENTS BECAUSE OF TEMPORARY WORK

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Mary inTampa in Tampa, Florida

52 months ago

BEWARE. If you do part time or temporary work, your benefits will be recalculated using that pay as a new wage. People are going from $400 a week to $100 a week. I live in Florida. I went from $275 a week to $115. I am 52.

Articles will be posted. Please post your stories regarding your loss of benefits.

Senators Reed and Kerry are trying to fix it. That was back in March. DO YOUR PART!!! WRITE TO YOUR CONGRESSMEN. STOP WORKING!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

STOP WORKING!!!!!
If we all stop doing temporary or part time work, the corporations will start to hurt. We need to fight for ourselves.

yet.www.boston.com/business/articles/2010/03/12/ne_democrats_seek_to_fix_unemployment_glitch/

www.csmonitor.com/USA/2010/0329/Is-any-work-better-than-no-work-Not-for-unemployment-benefits

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Karen in Montgomery, Alabama

52 months ago

While it can be very devastating to lose the unemployment checks when one has relied on it so heavily, I think more than anything, this is a reminder that it is not a reliable source of income and one cannot and must not rely on the government, ever. I myself was reminded of it this week as I found out that it is my "waiting week."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

Relying on benefits????!! Karen, there are NO JOBS. We have no choice. Welcome to our world.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.