Finding work 12 years after college

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Theresa in Ephrata, Washington

87 months ago

Its been 12 years since I graduated with a BA in Geology. Due to personal reasons I did not continue my education and was not able to find work in geology. I still desire to work as a geologist but feel, due to no work experience and the length of time out of school, I am not very employable. What is the best way to get back into the game?????

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Linda Johnson in Fremont, California

86 months ago

Theresa in Ephrata, Washington said: Its been 12 years since I graduated with a BA in Geology. Due to personal reasons I did not continue my education and was not able to find work in geology. I still desire to work as a geologist but feel, due to no work experience and the length of time out of school, I am not very employable. What is the best way to get back into the game?????

Thanks!

I am no expert, but I would encourage you to just go for it! Apply for entry-level positions or any you feel qualified for. My mother got a degree in journalism, had eight children, then went to work in her thirties and became a leading journalist in my home-town! You need no apologies for your personal reasons. You are probably around 30 and probably look 20. Employers see young people as 20'2-30's. Your interest in geology has continued, so your education is still valuable. You can bring yourself up to date by reading geology journals at a good library. The internet did not exist when I graduated 20 years ago, but it is an AMAZING job hunting tool. You can lok at so many jobs and find out what interests you the most. You can choose anywhere you want to work in the US or world! Or, you can stay where you are and have plenty of opportunity. GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

pawelxyz in Hoofddorp, Netherlands

81 months ago

Hej Hello My name is Poul. I`m from Poland. I`m a engineer of gology and I wonna ask how can I find a job in geologist firm in Holland or at west European Couintries??Now I`m living in Holland but I`m also interested a work in Great Bretain.I`ve no experiences;(So I ask is somebody who can help me???Or give some advices??It`s very important for me. My email: xpawelx@vp.pl
Pawel

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Indeed Admin in Stamford, Connecticut

70 months ago

Hello Sajid, Thank you for joining the Indeed forums! If you are interested in finding job opportunities in India, please visit our recently launched Indeed.co.in. It has the same search interface as Indeed.com, but will give you job listings located in India. We do not have a site for the Middle East, but this might provide you with help closer to home. Please let me know if you have any questions and best of luck with your job search! Indeed Admin

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Travis in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

65 months ago

I have a question, if anyone can answer it. I am just about to graduate with a degree in geology, and do not have a job. I worked 3 summers in uranium exploration (because the money was great for a student) but have no oil and gas experience. I really want to get into the oilfield, but every job posting I find says min 3 - 5 year’s experience. Anyone have any ideas.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sophia in Dordrecht, Netherlands

58 months ago

pawelxyz in Hoofddorp, Netherlands said: Hej Hello My name is Poul. I`m from Poland. I`m a engineer of gology and I wonna ask how can I find a job in geologist firm in Holland or at west European Couintries??Now I`m living in Holland but I`m also interested a work in Great Bretain.I`ve no experiences;(So I ask is somebody who can help me???Or give some advices??It`s very important for me. My email: xpawelx@vp.pl
Pawel

Try to use links :1. Jobrapido.nl /with geology, geohydroloog,geotechniek/, depends what you look for
2. Nationaalvacaturebank.nl with the same searching words
Geologist from Dordrecht,
Groetjes and succes

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sophia in Dordrecht, Netherlands

58 months ago

Try to use links: Jobrapido.nl; Nationaalvacaturebank.nl

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.