How can I gracefully quit my geo field job?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

J K in Sedalia, Colorado

37 months ago

Hello,

I need help quitting my current geo field job in exploration geology. I have another job that I would love to take, but would feel terrible leaving this company short on geologists at this time of year. I was thinking I could give a month notice and offer to help train any new people they hire as my replacement before I leave. Would it be completely unprofessional to up and leave in the middle of the field season, or can I do this with grace and not burn any bridges? This company has been great, but the work schedule and camp morale have really gotten to me in a negative way.

Thanks for all your help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

still looking in Lakewood, Ohio

35 months ago

J K in Sedalia, Colorado said: Hello,

I need help quitting my current geo field job in exploration geology. I have another job that I would love to take, but would feel terrible leaving this company short on geologists at this time of year. I was thinking I could give a month notice and offer to help train any new people they hire as my replacement before I leave. Would it be completely unprofessional to up and leave in the middle of the field season, or can I do this with grace and not burn any bridges? This company has been great, but the work schedule and camp morale have really gotten to me in a negative way.

Thanks for all your help.

speak professionally to the person who hired you and that there is a negative element-watch your words be respectful and kind. you need to take of your self good luck let us know you may have left already

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.