>>>>>>> Companies aren't hiring what they are listing for ***************************

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

matt4work in Scottsdale, Arizona

29 months ago

I'm tired of companies that won't call after applying multiple times after they list multiple times for a job I am qualified for. Anybody else feeling like they don't want a qualified person for their position? It's like they want to hire a janitor to do a receptionist job or something.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Rob H. in Folsom, California

7 months ago

I get the same thing. I often wonder whether they're actually even hiring, or just listing these jobs for some legal reason.

Reply - Report abuse

Sick Of It All in backwoods, California

7 months ago

People just plain don't know how to hire anymore. It helps if you can communicate directly with a hiring manager or know someone within the company who can find out which positions (if any) are actually open and who you can talk to about it.
I probably applied about 10,000 times to the company for which I currently work before my résumé was even seen. You have to be aggressive, tenacious & cutthroat to get noticed in the job market. All I can say is keep trying, mate. :(

Reply - Report abuse

I hear ya! in Bristol, Connecticut

7 months ago

It's a game almost. I apply for positions, post my resume and I get offers for positions not even in my field, a totally different line of work; like selling insurance!

Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.