Top Guest Service Agent skills needed to get the job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

What are the top 3 traits or skills every Guest Service Agent must have to excel?

Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your Guest Service Agent expertise?

Reply - Report abuse

Amelia C. Felix in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

74 months ago

Most of the time when I travel, I meet hotel employees who are very charming, courteous, helpful, very good with directions and eager to please. However, once in awhile, i meet people who lack those skills, and are very hard to communicate with, either because they have a 'chip on their shoulders', are too
egotistic about their positions, or have their own concerns hindering them from becoming the employees they should be. I think a hotel employee should put the realtionship between hotel staf and guests as apriority infront of any personal concerns they have with fellow employees, not try to make the hotel look bad. A good sense of humor is a a skill that I find very re-freshing when I go to a hotel. I will always go back to a hotel were employees show a good sense of humor and a desire to please goes well along with those important 'people skills'.

Mrs. Amelia C. Felix
Human Service Administration graduate

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Amelia C. Felix in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

74 months ago

Most of the time when I travel, I meet hotel employees who are very charming, courteous, helpful, very good with directions and eager to please. However,once in awhile I meet people who lack those skills, and are very hard to communicate with; either because tey have 'a chip on their shoulders',are too egostistic about their positions,or have their own concerns in mind, hindering them from becoming the employees they should be. I think a hotel employee should place the realtionship between hotel staff and guests, as priority, before any personal concerns they may have with fellow employees, not try to make the hotel look bad. A good sense of humor in hotel staff is something that I find very re-freshing in hotel staff. and it's a skill that very few people have, it goes well when a desire to please comes along with it. Having a smile on your face and using it honestly and effectively is an important people skill that also goes a long way. i sent a previous comment, but forgot to edit, so I re-wrote it the way it was meant to be said.

Amelia C. Felix - Human service Administration Graduate

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Jaime G Gomez, MD in Hialeah, Florida

71 months ago

Mrs Amelia C. Felix - Human service Administration Graduate

Mr Walvin Petersen mentioned your name over the phone. He is 86 and very active. I met him last year in his office. Please answer to
Jaime G Gomez, MD
amun2005@yahoo.com Thanks and God Bless you,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Amelia C. Felix in Boca Raton, Florida

71 months ago

How did my Dad get this e-mail to give you? I have never given him this e-mail address. Did you perhaps get it through another source? How do you know my dad Mr. Walwin G. Petersen?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.