Where are the Jobs?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 87)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Henry Lee in Waynesboro, Virginia

107 months ago

I have been looking for a job for almost 120 days but no offer.

Here is what I got.

I have a BS in HR, and I have an MBA in HR (six years of HR of education). I have worked as an HR director for six years, and the best of all, I am only asking $45000.00. My specialty is in compensation and benefit and legal compliance. The hottest topic in HR.

What is wrong with the picture and where are the jobs? I must be doing something worng. If anyone can figure it out please let me know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Emma in Stamford, Connecticut

107 months ago

I just did a general search for HR Generalist which you can find at: www.indeed.com/jobs?radius=&q=HR+Generalist&l=

Look at the left-hand refinement margin. This can help you figure out the most relevant job titles, companies, locations and so on that are directly related to your search. For example some of the most common job titles are Store Human Resources Manager, Human Resources and HR Generalist, Human Resources and HR Managers. It also looks like New York and Boston currently have the most amount of listings.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

HRdude in Waynesboro, Virginia

107 months ago

I do searches daily. There are jobs out there, but no one seems to be interested.

I was talking to this guy who couldn't speak a lick of English and cannot write a full sentence. He was interviewing me- an MBA and can write a full sentence.

Now, how did he get his job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Tanja in Tulsa, Oklahoma

99 months ago

fno, you are not doing anything wrong, it's all about who you know

my sister in law is 23, has a high school diploma but no college degree - not even an associates degree and no H/R certification but she recently was offered to be the H/R Generalist for a large oil company - she'll be making around $80,000 to start - where is the justice? She's worked for the company as an office assistant for the last 2 years. She started out at $11 per hour and now she'll be making $39 per hour - where is the justice

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

anthony in Conyers, Georgia

99 months ago

Please continue this forum, it is quite helpful, this is my first visit and the forum has encouraged me. I have 10+ years of HR exp. at retail level, and looking to move to the executive level. Yahweh bless you. A.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in Richmond, Virginia

96 months ago

Tanja in Tulsa, Oklahoma said: fno, you are not doing anything wrong, it's all about who you know

my sister in law is 23, has a high school diploma but no college degree - not even an associates degree and no H/R certification but she recently was offered to be the H/R Generalist for a large oil company - she'll be making around $80,000 to start - where is the justice? She's worked for the company as an office assistant for the last 2 years. She started out at $11 per hour and now she'll be making $39 per hour - where is the justice

Ugh--I see this all the time, and it bugs me to death! I know that I have not worked this hard at my Bachelor's and my Master's degrees to be an HR Assistant forever, and that my time will come. But stories like this make me soooo frustrated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Craig in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

95 months ago

I am in the same position. College degree, Masters in Industrial Relations. Close to seven years of experience in both union and non-union. Resume posted to the four corners of the earth and still hardly any phone calls.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Aaron in Hilton Head Island, South Carolina

95 months ago

well, I thought it would be extremely hard for someone don't have a HR background to get a hr job, but I guess I'm wrong.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MaryKatherine in Camarillo, California

95 months ago

Henry Lee in Waynesboro, Virginia said: I have been looking for a job for almost 120 days but no offer.

Here is what I got.

I have a BS in HR, and I have an MBA in HR (six years of HR of education). I have worked as an HR director for six years, and the best of all, I am only asking $45000.00. My specialty is in compensation and benefit and legal compliance. The hottest topic in HR.

What is wrong with the picture and where are the jobs? I must be doing something worng. If anyone can figure it out please let me know.

Try a HeadHunter. OR.. the county you live in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Corrie in Columbus, Ohio

95 months ago

I find that experience is more valuable than what your degree is in. Also resumes are the first selling point and then interviews are the key. i have a bachelors in Political Science and working on my HR certification and have been in HR management for 2.5 years. One of my best bosses told me these days companies arent caring so much about your degree but what you have done in the workforce and certifcations and he is a Director of HR at a large Financial Company.

evaspace in San Antonio, Texas

95 months ago

Henry Lee in Waynesboro, Virginia said: I have been looking for a job for almost 120 days but no offer.

Here is what I got.

Seeking for sales people to launch into energetic distributors.
We are looking to share the wonderful health benefits of Monavie along with its income building potential. MonaVie is a delicious blend of the Acai berry and 18 other nutrient-dense fruits from around the world. The Acai Berry is considered the number one super food and has the highest ORAC value of any other edible berry. Acai berries are high in essential fatty acids & omegas that help to lower LDL (harmful cholesterol), while maintaining HDL (beneficial cholesterol). In addition it's rich nutrient profile and low glycemic index also helps control appetite and can improve resistance to disease. Many taking this all fruit drink with no added water, sugar or caffeine are experiencing more energy, reduced aches and pains and better sleep.
If you are interested please visit me at www.mymonavie.com/jspace/
and then email me at: evakspace@yahoo.com
Thank you,
Eva Space

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Corrie in Columbus, Ohio

95 months ago

Tanja in Tulsa, Oklahoma said: fno, you are not doing anything wrong, it's all about who you know

I hope she'll be able to handle that position. It surprises me that she would be offered that large of a position of responsibility with no HR experience. Mainly because of all the employment laws and liability. Companies that do that put themselves at a huge risk but hopefully it works out for her and the company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jan Severance in Long Beach, California

94 months ago

Here's a job opportunity for the right person!

HR Labor Relations Manager

Position: Full time

Must have recent experience handling active union employees and has dealt with the union issues, grievances etc.

This position:

- manages the planning, design, implementation and administration of programs and policies for the labor relations function.
- serves on negotiating team for all collective bargaining.
- mnages the development and implementation of labor relations programs and policies.
- manages activities to provide consistent policy and contract interpretations.
- participates in activities to investigate and resolve labor relations problems.
- consults with employee groups and businesses to determine the need for new or revised labor relations programs.
- administers union payroll,time and attendance,benefits, staffing and other human resources functions as required.

Must have:
- Graduate degree in Human Resources Management or Labor/Industrial Relations preferred, bachelors degree required.
- Experience in arbitration proceedings, grievance processing and other related labor activities.
- 6 + years experience in negotiation/ administering collective bargaining agreements.
- Expert knowledge in all aspects of labor law as it applies to union and non-union environments.
- Expert understanding of collective bargaining agreements and their affect on non-union employees, budgets, and long term planning.

If this is something you'd be interested in pursuing, please contact:
Jan Severance, Director
888 541 0400 (toll free)
jan@pro-temsolutions.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Palmetto CDF in South Carolina

94 months ago

Consider your experience, your education and your contacts and three legs of a stool. To have a good foundation you need all three. You mentioned your education and your experience, but I'm curious about your contacts.
What about your schools' alumni network, former co-workers, next-door neighbors, etc.
It is not what you know, but what you can demonstrate what you can do.
Do not get discouraged. Volunteer. Do workshops. Do something everyday.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Pamela in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida

93 months ago

Here is what I got.

Henry Lee, I am a recruiter placing candidates on a National basis in different disciplines. I have an HR Generalist position open in Seattle Washington, would you be open for relocation? If not I will search to see what is in your area. Please forward a copy of your resume to recruiterpjf@yahoo.com

my website: www.futurestaffingsolutions.com Look forward to speaking with you.

Regards,
Pam

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Daniel in Kalamazoo, Michigan

93 months ago

I just graduated with my BS in HR and I am currently finding even an HR assistant job because I don't have experiance. They are asking for 3 years exp for jobs that are $12 bucks an hour and I can't relocate what the hell am I supposed to do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

In Tune in Baltimore, Maryland

93 months ago

When you get the interview, do not rely solely on your qualifications, meaning it does help to have the educational background when applying for a generalist position, but it is just as important to sound human and understanding of all the things people find themselves in related to work and their personal lives. Make sure Your perspective is in helping others in difficult situations, not just your personal objective with your knowledge of laws and education to make money. That can come across as sounding kind of self fulfilling. Tell something of yourself and how you help or helped people on an ongoing basis and how your job allows you to get involved and make a difference in peoples lives. In HR and some corporate cultures it is a strong requirement to show the soft skills and your ability to show compassion. It is a very important issue for them to know you are not afraid to be human. If you sound sterile it will come across as how you will relate to others and your approach to your job and the employer. If you sound like you have nothing to offer other than education and compliance to the strict application of employment law, often the applicant who shows a true desire to help may just beat you at your own game. The gal who got that job may have said one small thing that really wowed the hiring manager. Consider this and think about it from another angle.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Debbie in Los Angeles, California

93 months ago

Been unemployed since April, I am an HR Generalist. I made $58,000 and worked in the mortgage industry with no degree. I can't find anything in my area. I am completely disgusted. Of course they want a degree, or they want me to be bilingual, which I don't have. My unemployment has expired as well. I think we are going to have a depression because there are so many of us mortgage people out of work and no jobs to be found!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Rosita in San Antonio, Texas

92 months ago

Hello everyone,
I did not know so many would have the same story as I do. I have a BSBA with a major in Human Resource Management. I graduated in June 2006 and have been unable to find a job as an HR Generalist because I do not have ANY HR experience. Never did I imagine, I would have such a hard time finding a job in my degree field. I have worked all my adult life; however, my experience is in office administration and customer service. How do I get hire? I have considered HR Assistant positions (which is my title), but still no job. My current position as a HR Assistant is more on the administrative side of the house and I work for the US Army so I don't deal with interviewing, hiring, workers comp, benefits, etc. How can I get past this hurtle and show employers I can do the job. Most employers want to find someone who can take of running. It seems that experience overrides education or education just allows you to apply for the job and that’s about it. What a nightmare! I could use some help. I’m in the San Antonio area.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nalla in ?

92 months ago

I know exactly how you feel. I was recently hired two weeks ago as a hr assistant but before then I was out of work for a year. My advice to you is to apply to schools, every college. Especially the small tech schools. Don't give up, it's coming. Hr is a very hard field to enter without experience. Good luck to you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Debbie in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

92 months ago

I have a BS in Organizational Leadership, am a certified paralegal and have 10 years experience in HR and I can't find a job. I have a good attitude and people who have worked with me and for me have the highest praise. So what's going on? If anyone has any suggestions I'll take them.

Verneice in Montgomery, Alabama

92 months ago

I share a lot of your sentiments and experiences. I have a BA in psychology and MS in Personnel Administration. I have 20 years of experience in basically with all levels of Government. I am looking for something in Human Resources, but I have had no luck. Any advise

Rosita in San Antonio, Texas

92 months ago

Thanks Nalla. I'm actively seeking employment with the schools. We'll see!
Thank you

Lea in Mackinaw, Illinois

92 months ago

I think employers need to know what you will work for. When there are several degrees attached with or without experience employers are not able or willing to pay 60000+ for a degreed professional. I started in HR before I pursued degrees and certifications. SPHR certificaton and PHR certifications are a major plus in the HR field!

Verneice in Birmingham, Alabama

91 months ago

Lea in Mackinaw, Illinois said: I think employers need to know what you will work for. When there are several degrees attached with or without experience employers are not able or willing to pay 60000+ for a degreed professional. I started in HR before I pursued degrees and certifications. SPHR certificaton and PHR certifications are a major plus in the HR field!

Do you think I should begin working on certification?

Denise in Vienna, Virginia

91 months ago

To echo others - network, network, network. It's horrible to be w/o work when you need/want it. I recommend networking with your local SHRM chapter. Some will post your resume for free if you are a SHRM member, some will post for free anyway. Sometimes you can email your resume to board members and they will send it around. But, if you can go to a meeting, (especially a chapter with a lot of members) you can network before the meeting, have your resume there to hand out, or some let you say you are looking for employment. My chapter does and people get jobs that way. Those looking to fill jobs talk about the openings they have. Some also have cheaper memberships or reduced rates if you are unemployed. (Some don't).

But be sure to tell everyone you are looking.

And yes, it's such a catch 22 - have a degree and no experience, no luck. Have experience and no degree, no luck. There are lots of government jobs (check out www.opm.gov <-- i think that's the site) - for those with degrees you can go in as an intern at a GS7 or 9 and then go up to a GS12 in 3 years. (Good pay too and good benefits). I haven't found the perfect scenario yet. One manager wants degree/exp/certs - another wants - degree/exp - another exp/cert, and so on - but seems most don't want to pay for anything. Some of the areas listed in the messages may be good for $12 an hour, I've lived in areas where that was pretty decent, but it's just unrealistic.

I also know a lady (very sharp) in admin who just took one of those $80k jobs without a degree, without direct experience, but because she is sharp and able to do lots without a ton of instruction - she was considered a value and is now excelling in her new role. (So not all of us are lucky like that - but shows there is hope)

Good luck!

Lisa in Scottsdale, Arizona

91 months ago

If there is anyone that has at least 5 years of pedi echo experience or knows someone that does, please contact me ASAP. I have a GREAT job in Phoenix with a top notch facility!! Great benefits and relocation assistance is available! We will pay for referrals up to $2000 for anyone you send out that does begin working!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Michelle in Mayo, South Carolina

91 months ago

Lisa in Richmond, Virginia said: Ugh--I see this all the time, and it bugs me to death! I know that I have not worked this hard at my Bachelor's and my Master's degrees to be an HR Assistant forever, and that my time will come. But stories like this make me soooo frustrated.

I totally agree. I also have my Master's degree and I am having a hard time finding a decent paying HR position in my area.

Nikki in Saint Louis, Missouri

91 months ago

I agree with alot of the comments, I have a BA in Psych and I'm working on my MA in HR. I have been trying to enter the HR field w/o in experience; it seems like a loosing battle. I often wonder, will the effort ever pay off!

Good Luck

Del in Atlanta, Georgia

90 months ago

Hello Everyone,
Wow, it is amazing when you believe that you are the only person that seems to be having a hard time finding a job in your career field. I too hold a BA degree with an emphasis in HR and have had an extremetly difficult time finding a job. I have over 15 years of experience and also have my PHR certification and have held this designation since 2003. I recertified in 2006. It's depressing when you hear of individuals that lack the education level and the experience that you have obtaining the position that seems to be evading you. I am also pursuing an MBA with an emphasis in HR. I have been so discourgaged of late and truely have been questioning if I should continue my education along the HR Career Path or change to something totally different like counseling. I can share with all of you that those who has a good network circle have better opportunities to move on to other assignments. Networking and politiking are just as important as the educational credentials, experience, etc. Good Luck Everyone. I will keep you uplifted in your endeavors and do the same for me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

L61701 in Normal, Illinois

90 months ago

Maybe the hiring manager is unethical...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Laurie

90 months ago

Here is what I got.

Pick up the book by Ron Fry, "Ask the Right Questions, Hire the Best People". It was recommended by SHRM. You may need to know how to answer the questions that you are being asked. You may need to know what questions to ask the companies you are interviewing. You may need to find out what the company has budgetted for the position that you are applying for rather than telling them you want $45K....you may be saying you can't do the job because you are not worth the salary range they have budgetted (65-85), or you are over qualified because you cost too much (they budgetted 38K). Once you find out their number, you have time to continue to present your strengths toward their needs and solutions until they extend a job offer to you. If the monies are lower than your expectations AND what the market will bear for your services (and you know you will get elsewhere and be just as happy), NEGOTIATE. If the number is Great, NEGOTIATE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Laurie

90 months ago

Corrie in Columbus, Ohio said: I find that experience is more valuable than what your degree is in. Also resumes are the first selling point and then interviews are the key. i have a bachelors in Political Science and working on my HR certification and have been in HR management for 2.5 years. One of my best bosses told me these days companies arent caring so much about your degree but what you have done in the workforce and certifcations and he is a Director of HR at a large Financial Company.

Your boss is right. I am searching for my next HR Management job (mine was eliminated in Reno; I did not choose to move to L.A.). It is all about getting in the door with resumes and/or networking, experience, certifications, and panel interviews. And be prepared to answer the question, "Why should we hire you?"

Also be prepared to intelligently ask 4-5 questions about the company when asked "Do you have any questions?".

Rexs in Norwood, Massachusetts

88 months ago

Guys i share the same experience. i have 3 yrs of prior HR experience with masters in HR but i am finding difficult to find a job here in New England. Any suggestions...? I must ve posted to 50 odd jobs but no single call for an interview.

moppriecht in Winder, Georgia

88 months ago

I'm currently looking for a Human Resources Client Advisor to join our company. We are a PEO (Professional Employer Organization) located outside of Atlanta, GA. The work environment is great, and the position is challenging and a lot of fun. I'll be honest, the salary is around $45,000, but the benefits, environment, co-workers, work/life balance etc, .. are really the main appeal of this organization.

Here are the details of the position:

Total HR Solutions is currently seeking a Human Resources Client Advisor with experience in DOL compliance and SUTA regulations. Total HR Solutions is is a Georgia owned and operated PEO (Professional Employer Organization), and is recognized as a leader in the Human Resources Industry. Located in Winder Georgia, Total HR Solutions serves over 250 clients across the region.

Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, This position will be the main point of contact for our clients in regards to DOL inquiries, SUTA compliance and general Human Resources questions. Other responsibilities will include assisting the department in the maintenance of Employee Handbooks, Client Manuals, Employee files as well as creation of job descriptions and employee enrollments on an as needed basis.

THRS offers a competitive benefits package including: A fully paid group medical plan, paid holidays, a generous PTO program, Company matched 401k, business casual attire and a standard 9 to 5 workday Monday through Friday.

This is an excellent opportunity for a mid-level HR professional to break out of the typical "corporate" mold and partner with an industry leader that offers an innovative and dynamic environment that truly puts the employees first.

If you would be interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact Matt Oppriecht - Director of Human Resources at 770-740-0602 ext. 137 or by email at moppriecht@mythrs.com. Also, you can visit our website at www.mythrs.com/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Marianne Anderson in Rochester Hills, Michigan

88 months ago

I have a little different problem, I have over 10 years experience in the Staffing industry as a branch manager/sales manager, but, no degreee and age is a big factor. I have all the experience but with two big black marks on my back age and no degree. The work in our area is very poor, I'm concerned I could be sitting out here for awhile, which I can't really do. I know I can interview very well, but, the interviews/offers just aren't coming my way. Any suggestions???

HR Dude in Waynesboro, Virginia

88 months ago

Marianne Anderson in Rochester Hills, Michigan said: I have a little different problem, I have over 10 years experience in the Staffing industry as a branch manager/sales manager, but, no degreee and age is a big factor. I have all the experience but with two big black marks on my back age and no degree. The work in our area is very poor, I'm concerned I could be sitting out here for awhile, which I can't really do. I know I can interview very well, but, the interviews/offers just aren't coming my way. Any suggestions???

Marianne, I know how you feel and I am with you. Don't worry about the degree. It's not going to help you. You only have one black mark. I have a master in HR, 10 year of experience, top notch resume, accomplishments, and references, but over 55 = no job. My assistant (24 year old female- nice looking) got a job in 2 weeks. Another HR coordinator who worked for me got a job in less than 3 weeks. Is there any job out there? Yes, there is, but not for us seniors.

Out of the two year of searching for an HR job after being downsized, I had three interviews- no offer. They all told me I am the best candidate they interviewed, but no offer. All three jobs went to some young ladies- one to a girl just fresh out of college, one to a lady who had little experience, and one went to a younger guy (24-25). Now, these are HR management job and not entry level. My logic was that, well, they can afford to pay them less money, but wait, that's not true either. I did more digging, they were getting paid well.

M, I have been sitting out there for two years now, so a little longer is not going to hurt. I am considering changing to IT software programmer with Share Point and ASP.net or accounting. May be then God is going to give me a job. I don't even know what it is like getting up in the morning to go to work. I am still sending out 20 some resumes per week. Hopefully one day someone is going to offer me a job.

Nicole Genzale in Pleasanton, California

88 months ago

Hello! Anybody have any leads in the San Ramon, CA area? I am an HR Generalist who was laid off 3+ months ago from a mortgage company. I have a degree, 10 years experience, excellent references, and am one of the most dedicated, energetic and capable employees you could ask for but I can't land a job to save my life! I have sent dozens of resumes to online postings, had a handful of interviews and have contacted nearly everyone I know professionally and personally. I have lost out on jobs due to: 1) being undercut in salary, 2) office politics and 3) the economy. I actually was selected for a position at one company but was then told they couldn't make me an offer because their business declined due to the economy. Unbelievable! I feel like I am thwarted at every turn. I am reachable at npgenzale@comcast.net.

Thanks and good luck to all!

1chiax in Milpitas, California

87 months ago

Hello to all HR Professionals! I am having the same results as; Nicole in Pleasanton, CA. I've been laid off since first of year. I decided to take the SHRM Learning System for PHR Certification. As my final exam awaits me...I've been looking for Human Resources/Payroll/Accting jobs, had many interviews....but nothing came of them.
My biggest downfall is that I do not have a degree. I have 15+ years of extensive/hands-on experience in Human Resources, Payroll, Benefits/Compensations and Accounting. As Ms Nicole has mentioned, my references will confirmed that I am one of the most reliable-dedicated, your "go-to person" and am very capable of any task given. Nicole - maybe we need to put our heads together!!! Cause my brain isnt working up to speed - I too have tried every avenue I have! ANY LEADS WITHIN THE BAY AREA WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED!! I CAN BE REACHED @ chiaxy2k@yahoo.com

**GOOD LUCK NICOLE! LET ME KNOW IF YA SEE ANYTHING MY WAY! :)

1chiax in Milpitas, California

87 months ago

Corrie in Columbus, Ohio said: I find that experience is more valuable than what your degree is in. Also resumes are the first selling point and then interviews are the key. i have a bachelors in Political Science and working on my HR certification and have been in HR management for 2.5 years. One of my best bosses told me these days companies arent caring so much about your degree but what you have done in the workforce and certifcations and he is a Director of HR at a large Financial Company.

HEY CORRIE.....ITS GOOD TO KNOW THAT EMPLOYERS ARE STILL CONSIDERING PROSPECTIVE APPLICANTS WITHOUT A DEGREE. I'VE WORKED MOST OF MY LIFE....AND HAS WORKED MY WAY UP. ITS VERY FRUSTRATING WHEN I SEE EXPERIENCED/VERY KNOWLEDGIBLE PEOPLE GET LOOKED OVER...BECAUSE THEY DO NOT HAVE THE DEGREE. DONT GET ME WRONG...I ADMIRED THOSE THAT ARE PREVILEDGED TO GET AN EDUCATION - NOT SO MANY GET SUCH AN OPPORTUNITY. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bob Sweenet]y in Lancaster, California

87 months ago

Here is what I got.

You might try this recruiter:
Career Networks, Inc.
P.O. Box 618305 Orlando Fl.32861-8305
Keith Grayson Sr. Recruiter, HR Div.

They emailed me an offer to apply for HR Generalist Salary: $49,200 to $59,400
It's worth a try, right?

Kim in Phoenix, Arizona

87 months ago

Lisa in Scottsdale, Arizona said: If there is anyone that has at least 5 years of pedi echo experience or knows someone that does, please contact me ASAP. I have a GREAT job in Phoenix with a top notch facility!! Great benefits and relocation assistance is available! We will pay for referrals up to $2000 for anyone you send out that does begin working!

Hi Lisa - I currently live in Phoenix (north valley) and am searching for an HR Generalist or Training & Development position. I know you replied to this three months ago but I'm taking a chance in networking with you. Please let me know of any opportunities within your organization or area. Much appreciated! Kim (theapthorps@aol.com)

SJ Allred in Phoenix, Arizona

87 months ago

From what I have seen on these posts, I think the key words are "posted my resume on line"- Do you belong to SHRM? or other local HR networking groups? How about LinkedIn? Do you have your PHR/SPHR? Try networking and getting to know the decision makers. When you send a resume on-line, you are getting into a HUGE line of hundreds of others just like you. Networking = Working.
Good Luck.

Kathy Padgett in Pembroke, Georgia

87 months ago

I am so depressed reading all of these posts. I have management experience, an associates degree, and I have almost completed my bachelors with a major in both HR and accounting. I have been on three interviews so far and nothing. I want to move into the HR Generalist field but like many of you am finding that no experience means, don't call us, we'll call you. I have always exceled at any job I have ever had. It seems it's never the right combination. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Joyce Vaughn

87 months ago

Here is what I got.

I feel you. I have a MBA in Human Resource Management. I can't find a job. I two children to takecare of. It is depressing. If I get a job before you, sand you interested in coming to Memphis, I certainly will help.

Stay strong

Jadedea in Glendale, Arizona

87 months ago

try usajobs.com

they love it when you have degrees and there are a slew of hr positions!!! hope that helps!!

Jadedea in Glendale, Arizona

87 months ago

oh i forgot. be sure to read carefully the how to apply age and make sure you are eligible. if your not a former federal employee or military look out for "open to the public"

Anita

87 months ago

Where would someone like me start looking to break into the field of HR. I am doing my masters in HRM, but don't have much experience. I'm in North Carolina and want to get out of Accounting and into HR. Need some advice

Nikki Shue in Brandon, Mississippi

86 months ago

Well I am amazed by what most of you are saying. I just have to share with you. I have just over 5 yrs of generalist experierence in HR and a BS degree in managment from MSU. I have been a member of SHRM since I joined the student chapter in college and I also joined the local branch when I became employed in 2003. Now luckily I am still employed at the moment, but I work in automotive manufacturing and just two weeks ago we had MAJOR cuts. I am anticipating even more shortly. Since I saw this coming a little over a year ago when prices started to soar out of control I started looking around and I have not had one decent interview. The two I have had wanted to offer me almost half of what I am making now and honestly it is barely paying my bills. It seems as though with companies trying to keep budgets down and profits up in this economy they are taking the person who will accept the least wage for the job and will do the most work instead of the person who is the most qualified or educated. I understand this makes good sense in the short term, but in the long term it will give way to burn out, lower employee morale as well as higher turnover. I have the degree, the experience, network and still make less than $35k/yr. So where are all the jobs? I keep hearing people say "Oh just hang in there a year or two and all the baby boomers will be retiring" Well I just don't think my company will be here in a year or two because right now they are producing these gas guzzlers that no one is buying and no one else is even looking my way as far as hiring me. I completely understand you all and feel for you as well. If anyone in my area needs a hard worker with the dedication for employee relations and an excellent skill for multi tasking please let me know.

April in Memphis, Tennessee

86 months ago

I dont have as much experience as some on here have posted, but I am at the point of just trying to get my foot in the door in order to get the experience in the HR arena, but I am not having any luck either. I have a BA in Communications and I am 6 classes away to having an MA in Human Resource Mgmt, but I need to get some hands on experience in order to add it to my resume. I have been applying to almost anything HR at this point, I just want to get in to learn and then move on to bigger and better things in HR. Does anyone have any suggestions for a newbie like myself? Btw, I also joined SHRM and the local chapter, but still to no avail. I too just hate to work so hard for what appears to be a crappy piece of paper (aka a degree) just to get nothing from it. Meanwhile, I am encouraging younger people to get their degree's, but am I leading them down the wrong path? Its becoming apparent that a degree isnt much help anymore.

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.