Does having a certification increase salary and H.R. job opportunities?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 57 of 57)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

hyerin in Fort Lee, New Jersey

11 months ago

So Going into HR does not guarantee a better salary?

How much did you make?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

BrittanyVThomas in Lafayette, Indiana

9 months ago

I am looking into getting a Bachelors in Human Resource Management...I already have a Bachelors in Human Services, and if my calculations are correct, it would only take me a little over a year to get another bachelors degree. I thought about getting my Masters in HR but have NO experience in the field and then I would be overqualified with no experience to help me.

I am currently applying to grad programs to get a masters in higher education administration, but I am looking into HR as a back up in case I do not get into grad school. Should I go with the bachelors in HR or try to get an HR job with my human service degree? I know it is difficult to break into so any advice would be great!

Vikash Jha in Kirnahar, India

9 months ago

Can someone like me from India, having a MBA in HR with 1-2 years of experience get a job in Canada? If someone in the group can through some light on this.

Marise in South Africa

8 months ago

I am currently studying Hr I like to know how does one get started on doing your assesments and how to cope during assignments.

Flash in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida

3 months ago

starry in Waco, Texas said: Do not get into HR unless it's a last resort. I have a BBA in HR Mgmt, 4 yrs experience out of school, PHR Certified on 1st attempt with little study, and this is the worst career move for me.

HR is only as good as your non-perfect boss and senior mgmt usually doesnt give a squat about HR unless it deals with the final steps of hiring /firing/benefits. It is not worth it if you are truly ambitious! The money is not there unless you work for say, Disney .

You are on the money with that one. I have a BA in HR Management and to me it is use less. I honestly regret even going back school and for degree.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

ANWilbert in New Orleans, Louisiana

2 months ago

I really want to get into the HR field; however I have no experience. Currently, I am looking for a position so I can just "get my foot in the door" and gain experience in the field. I have a BA in psychology and a MBA. So many times I hear, "You are over qualified" or "You don't have enough experience" while interviewing for positions. Would getting a PHR increase my chances of getting into the field?

Samson in Bridgetown, Barbados

2 months ago

Peony in Duluth, Georgia said: As a corporate Recruiter, and I have seen this many times, I think you should first become certified before you get the Master's degree. If you are looking to get into HR with little or no experience, getting a Master 's degree in HR now without some experience will put you into the "over qualified category". I think you should go for the Master's after having at least 2+ years of HR experience.

Totally agree, I know of a friend who got a Caribbean job in HR on www.caribbeanjobsonline.com, and an international certificate in HR was more important to the company. Actually she had no Master degree, by a certificate

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.