Maintaining Your HR Department

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Axel in Bluefield, West Virginia

46 months ago

I would like to share ideas on record keeping, information tracking/updating and general maintenance of records or any other HR problems in general. Share any questions or ideas to help keep things running efficiently.

Example... For I-9's I keep a 3 ring notebook with Active Employees and one for Inactive Employees. When I move the I-9 to the Inactive folder I put a post-it with the date I can destroy the information. Anyone have a better system?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Donkiera, Virginia Beach, VA

45 months ago

Axel in Bluefield, West Virginia said: I would like to share ideas on record keeping, information tracking/updating and general maintenance of records or any other HR problems in general. Share any questions or ideas to help keep things running efficiently.

Example... For I-9's I keep a 3 ring notebook with Active Employees and one for Inactive Employees. When I move the I-9 to the Inactive folder I put a post-it with the date I can destroy the information. Anyone have a better system?

I use the same system you use. I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions.

Axel in Bluefield, West Virginia

45 months ago

I am curious to hear suggestions on how to maintain EEO application info. Separate folder to go along with job posting? What about resumes mailed. Send out the EEO questionnaire or only have applicants who interview complete one?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.