employment verification

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Sarah in Irmo, South Carolina

69 months ago

A few years ago I worked for a regional company for a year when it was purchased by a national company. Following the acquisition, I stayed on with the national company for an additional two years. Can the national company verify (for a potential employer) my dates of service to the company that was purchased or will they only be able to verify the dates I was on their payroll? i.e. Will they be able to verify three years of service or only two?

Thanks in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Elizabeth Fryman in Ft Mitchell, Kentucky

68 months ago

In many acquisitions, your service date with the new company will be made retroactive to the service date with your previous company - but this isn't always the case. This is a question you need to ask the HR department from the national company to see what THEY consider your service date. Depending on the merger agreement, it could be either your original date or the date of the merger -- only they could tell you for sure.

Sarah in Irmo, South Carolina said: A few years ago I worked for a regional company for a year when it was purchased by a national company. Following the acquisition, I stayed on with the national company for an additional two years. Can the national company verify (for a potential employer) my dates of service to the company that was purchased or will they only be able to verify the dates I was on their payroll? i.e. Will they be able to verify three years of service or only two?

Thanks in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.