CAREER CHANGE TO HVAC?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (601 to 650 of 729)
Page:  « First « Previous   10  11  12  13  14  15  Next »   Last »

srnjr in Randolph, Massachusetts

65 months ago

ERIC in Humble, Texas said: its one thing pretending your a tech,Mass and Nevada. but pretending your veterans.that's disgraceful

Don't even think to say I didn't serve my country in a time of war, I have my DD 214s with my service records of where I was and the ribbons and medals I was awarded, talk about disrespect, and as for my being a Tech, how would you know of my job history? Or of my service to my Country. Making more things up as you go I see.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Hvac Pro in Las Vegas, Nevada

65 months ago

ERIC in Humble, Texas said: you P.O.S. you should spend your day telling every vet you see ,that you are sorry that you pretended to be a vet.

Hah hah, ok, i will tell all my family members who are decorated war heros , i made a point with a jap pretending to be an American let alone a tech.

Bwocka Bwocka, i take u with a grain of salt, because youre a tool , with nothing better to do.
I just got another Offer, as we speak, beautiful.
I bet that just kills you. LMAO
what a better way to finish the day.
I wonder if Dept of Homeland security knows youre unstable and around the troops? hmmmmmm? thats all we need is another nut job going off and showing signs of being unstable with multiple personalities, and fighting with troops and someone who might be his boss real soon. heh heh

fed-up in Yakima, Washington

65 months ago

Excellent

ERIC in Humble, Texas

65 months ago

why would it kill us? WE are WORKING.You are not,And once they do a back ground check on you .you will still be looking

Mike (2) in Yokohama, Japan

65 months ago

He says Im a Jap, then Im a traitor, then I bash the troops, then he disses everybody in Iraq, gets caught lying about his veteran status in the same forum he post (how fugin stupid could you be) and downplays the whole thing. I dont know if we are even dealing with an adult here. Whatever it is you should bring him to Iraq, use his azz as a detonator for IEDs. Anywhere you want to go and you worry about getting blasted just send his azz out first to set anything off and your good to go. Thats about all he is good for..lol.

65 months ago

"I just got another Offer, as we speak, beautiful.
I bet that just kills you. LMAO"

What somebody offered you a bed at the homeless shelter? You should take them up on it because we all know you aint got a job and wont have one for the foreseeable future. All in the span of a couple of months you have burned bridges, lied about important personal facts, and made a complete azz of yourself . This was done online for the HVAC community worldwide to see. Ask yourself, would you want such a moron working for you? Shiet, Id be pulling my hair out. Move in with your mom, she is expecting you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

Mike (2) in Yokohama, Japan said: "I just got another Offer, as we speak, beautiful.
I bet that just kills you. LMAO"

What somebody offered you a bed at the homeless shelter? You should take them up on it because we all know you aint got a job and wont have one for the foreseeable future. All in the span of a couple of months you have burned bridges, lied about important personal facts, and made a complete azz of yourself . This was done online for the HVAC community worldwide to see. Ask yourself, would you want such a moron working for you? Shiet, Id be pulling my hair out. Move in with your mom, she is expecting you.

u should just hang urself and get it all over with, but dont take my advice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

Thats all? Dude I expected one of your long, unintelligble rants. Good to see your feeling the roast. Had to put that azz in check. Now Im going to back off from this thing and give you the rope because you seem pretty good at hanging yourself. Maybe youll prove us all wrong?

65 months ago

Mike (2) in Yokohama, Japan said: Thats all? Dude I expected one of your long, unintelligble rants. Good to see your feeling the roast. Had to put that azz in check. Now Im going to back off from this thing and give you the rope because you seem pretty good at hanging yourself. Maybe youll prove us all wrong?

says the nut nut job with multi personalities. LOL
tell us more...

doc69 in Los Angeles, California

65 months ago

Is hvac in demand in california?

doc69 in Los Angeles, California

65 months ago

Has anyone gone to Brownson Technical College in Anaheim,CA?

65 months ago

I'm not from CA. but while doing job searches sometimes check out the warmer States and find that CA. seems to have a lot more 0-2 or entry level. HVACAGENT.com is a good site to visit to get an idea whats available in your area and they are listed alphabetically so it makes it easier. Good Luck !!!

65 months ago

doc69 in Los Angeles, California said: Is hvac in demand in california?

why do you want to know for?

65 months ago

doc69 in Los Angeles, California said: Has anyone gone to Brownson Technical College in Anaheim,CA?

are you enrolled in their now?

doc69 in West Hollywood, California

65 months ago

Hvac Pro in Las Vegas, Nevada said: are you enrolled in their now?

Im looking in to enrolling,just want feedback of the school thank you.

doc69 in West Hollywood, California

65 months ago

srnjr in Randolph, Massachusetts said: I'm not from CA. but while doing job searches sometimes check out the warmer States and find that CA. seems to have a lot more 0-2 or entry level. HVACAGENT.com is a good site to visit to get an idea whats available in your area and they are listed alphabetically so it makes it easier. Good Luck !!!

Thank you for your feedback i appreciate it

65 months ago

Phil HVAC in Humble, Texas said: Hey Liar

F 2 really ??? I was there up until I jumped to Fluor 1 year ago. I had the displeasure of working with O&M HVAC in WW F 2;however I never knew a Mike from Beantown. I think you are a bad little boy who wants to be a HVAC guy but can't.

Hows working with Fluor like? wages? I will see you soon, perhaps.
it will be a good experience to help out all i can there, and meet some of my fellow Hvac Friends.

Phil HVAC in Humble, Texas

65 months ago

Hvac Pro in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Hows working with Fluor like? wages? I will see you soon, perhaps.
it will be a good experience to help out all i can there, and meet some of my fellow Hvac Friends.

they all pay the same. They wont be hiring till feb.people on the ground have first dibs.

65 months ago

Phil HVAC in Humble, Texas said: they all pay the same. They wont be hiring till feb.people on the ground have first dibs.

Cool Lets dibby it up.

Phil HVAC in Houston, Texas

65 months ago

All About Staffing INDIA in Delhi, India said: We are urgently looking for the Nurses for Our Hospitals in UK with the following criteria.

Must have 7 bands in all sections in IELTS Acadamic.
Must have 2+ yrs Experience
Must be working in OR, ICU, Telemetry, Pediatrics, ER and Cath Lab

If you are matching the basic requriments please send in your IELTS TRF and updated CV at mukesh@aasindia.com

Will a EPA lic do

65 months ago

Phil HVAC in Houston, Texas said: Will a EPA lic do

Maybe they will be required to have a state license to run a hospital , make sense to you?

more turncoat tea to wash down that baloney sandwich ? Heh heh

GLAH in Scottsdale, Arizona

64 months ago

Has anyone heard of ATI and its 4 week course ? they pretty much promise job placement... i am in phoenix arizona and this seems like a very hands on course, i dont know how other places can offer an ONLINE school for HVAC, it seems like you need to see it in front of u to learn....

thanks guys, im looking to get into HVAC and honestly have no idea where to start. everything i enter into Google usually ends up taking me to the same recycled information or this forum...

srnjr in Bridgewater, Massachusetts

64 months ago

There's so much to learn I don't know how it can be done in 4 weeks. I don't know anything about Online Schools but would look for something with 1-2 years and not online. Hands on would be if they have a Lab or a section of the School with actual equipment that you work on. Some full time schools will have a 4 day week two for theory and two for Lab, that way you practice the theory you have been going over in the Lab. You want to go to school to learn and IMHO 4 weeks won't make it. Good Luck!!!

Chuck 134 in San Diego, California

63 months ago

Seriously, im a 25 tr old tech with 5 years experience and a refrigeration technologies graduate...this is not a glamourous trade and i want something with a retirement and better job security. Im looking for a career change and feel like i wasted alot of time and money on this school. Ask your self these questions before you make this career change to HVAC

Do you mind working hard for little pay?

are you comfortable with climbing in attics, on rooftops and in very hot temperatures?

Are you mechanically enclined?

How do you feel about sales..?

Do you have a family? Not a great job for a man with children.

Im a single man thats has been down alot of roads in this industry. Commercial, Residential, Facilities and contractor positions. It is very hard work, and exhauting on many levels. In my opinion not worth it. Unless you own the company dont expect to make more than 22.00 an hour and goodluck finding work year round. This job is a glorified laborer..to be honest.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Hiratsuka, Japan

63 months ago

I hear ya. Were you the guy that was in the Corps and got out in San Diego? I say take a break from it, then get back into it or something else. Be warned though, there are a holes in every industry. HVAC tends to keep the weird freak or goof types away, they cant haul and wont get dirty so they end up in IT or whatever. But there are allot of other types in the mix. Pretty much the general consensus with HVAC is that the people running the show dont know what they are doing and exploit those below them. Some niche markets are cool though. Try Taylor, serrite or some of the other makers or a Distributor. Hit them with some pics of your work.

I wonder how the duechbag with the big mouth is doing in Iraq? LOL. wishing him all the best...

Chuck 134 in San Diego, California

63 months ago

John in Houston, Texas said: Might I ask why you want to change careers? Is it to get away from accounting or do you just want HVAC because you think you might like it? How much have you researched the HVAC field and what do you think you like about it?

I would imagine with a degree and by now you are doing fairly well salary wise in accounting. You won't start out at the top financially in HVAC, quite the opposite. After training it would take some years of experience to get top wages perhaps. You would undoubtedly have to hang on in accounting while training in HVAC and perhaps still a while while working part time in the field to get experience then make the jump.

Unless you just had to be in HVAC I'd say anyone changing fields today should consider any of the medical fields such as RN in two years, Rad Tech, Nuclear Med Tech two years and they all work inside in good environment and have more opportunity than imaginable. My wife changed fields to become an RN and by year two made $73,000. She did it at age 40 and English was her second language. Male nurses are in great need and do very well. Contrary to some peoples belief all male nurses are certainly not efeminate or gay. My brother in law is an RN here in Houston and made over $100,000 last year counting his overtime.

Wow, that is amazing that i found this comment on this forum. I am in the exact same boat. I want to leave the HVAC field and pursue a registered nurse position. I am a male and would like to take on this as a new carreer. I went to trade school and spent 5 years in the HVAC trade, I want something with more job security and year round work. The only thing that discouraged me about the R.N. program is how long the wait is for clinicals. What advice could you and your wife give to me..?

mike in Apo

63 months ago

living the dream in Afghan

Robert in Aurora, Colorado

63 months ago

Im looking to move away from Colorado. I honestly love my job being an HVAC tech, its hard work but iv never minded hard work. Im looking to move because im getting slammed by the slow times here in denver. What state would you recommend to move to that would be more consistently busy year round? I was thinking maybe arizona or texas but im not sure how the industry is being being effected my the market and all that in those places. Any advice?

Mike in Yokohama, Japan

63 months ago

Florida might be the answer but I hear the wages are low and the locals are getting fed up with all the yankees moving down there and complaining about it. Other than that, Texas is doing good I think.

paulp403 in Buffalo, New York

63 months ago

Hay guys. I am a ten year senior hvac technician. In november 2008 I moved from the sarasota florida region, due to being unable to find work for an entire year. I moved to the buffalo area, and worked at a company untill last month. I was let go for missdiognosing a pulse furnace, but I believe it may also be because the manager and some of the other employees went to one church, and when I was talking to one of the employees about religion, it came out that i did not share there beliefs, two weeks later i was gone. I have been looking ever since, and no calls. of course not very many jobs available eather. I look in florida, but not much there either. who knows where i will end up now. I guess it will depend on if i can find a job. good luck in your relocation. just be sure where you go has more than one option.

Nick L in Medford, Massachusetts

63 months ago

{{{Hay guys. I am a ten year senior hvac technician. In november 2008 I moved from the sarasota florida region, due to being unable to find work for an entire year. I moved to the buffalo area, and worked at a company untill last month. I was let go for missdiognosing a pulse furnace, but I believe it may also be because the manager and some of the other employees went to one church, and when I was talking to one of the employees about religion, it came out that i did not share there beliefs, two weeks later i was gone. I have been looking ever since, and no calls. of course not very many jobs available eather. I look in florida, but not much there either. who knows where i will end up now. I guess it will depend on if i can find a job.}}}

There is a TON of work around Boston Massachusetts especially in Essex & Middlesex counties. Pay rates are some of the highest in the nation.

dave Afghanistan

63 months ago

there are many jobs in Afghan

Mike in Kawasaki, Japan

63 months ago

How can I find contact info?

Mike in Kawasaki, Japan

63 months ago

paulp403 in Buffalo, New York said: Hay guys. I am a ten year senior hvac technician. In november 2008 I moved from the sarasota florida region, due to being unable to find work for an entire year. I moved to the buffalo area, and worked at a company untill last month. I was let go for missdiognosing a pulse furnace, but I believe it may also be because the manager and some of the other employees went to one church, and when I was talking to one of the employees about religion, it came out that i did not share there beliefs, two weeks later i was gone. I have been looking ever since, and no calls. of course not very many jobs available eather. I look in florida, but not much there either. who knows where i will end up now. I guess it will depend on if i can find a job. good luck in your relocation. just be sure where you go has more than one option.

Could be they dont like Northerners. Allot of yankess come south to work, but working is not all that is on their mind. They also think their way is superior and southerners are inferior so they try to change something thats been around for too long. Its just like me moing to Staten Island and forcing everybody to drink sweet tea or cornbread, aint going to happen. Even if you didnt imply this, your actions will be felt that way because your an outsider and look/feel different. You can be asian/mex/black but if your from the south, everybody knows it and you can fit in. I used to work down there and know the territory well. It was always fun to watch the "culture shock" of the northerners because it was like they wanted to ridicule or change, but couldnt because they were working for southerners...lol

dave afghan

63 months ago

first go on line dyncorp and get your resume in. . pick a job. Last time I was on they had 7 hvac jobs.once you do that. Then come back here.

paulp403 in Buffalo, New York

63 months ago

what a comment. I am 39yrs old and a desert shield desert storm vet, I am past the age bracket to reenlist, and who in there right mind would want to go there!

dave Afghanistan

63 months ago

90 % of us are vets who work here.and who said anything about joining the service.

Mike in Atsugi, Japan

63 months ago

whats the pay like with dynacorp?

Cant be picky these days, most of the good jobs are overseas it seems. google Johnson Controls, they got jobs all over the world, but sometimes only hire locals.

Mike in Atsugi, Japan

63 months ago

also whats the work like? is it just filter changing/AHU maintenance etc or installs, overhaul, etc? you get per deim? thanks for any info.

dave afghan

63 months ago

Mike in Atsugi, Japan said: also whats the work like? is it just filter changing/AHU maintenance etc or installs, overhaul, etc? you get per deim? thanks for any info.

I am a super.pay 130.000, hvac tech get around 100.000 formans 110.000. no Taxes as long as you stay the year .R.and R and every 90 days,In Iraq I did chillers and reffers.Here heat pumps and package units.

jgeck90 in Lake Elsinore, California

61 months ago

Hey guys does anyone know of a HVAC R school in the Southern California area that will accept someone without a diploma? I REALLY want to get to a trade school and not have to go back and get my diploma. I have a certificate of completion only. I am looking for a job that will pay well. I want to learn Refrigeration and get all the license's i need. I am very open to learning trade's but definitely not anything in the medical field. I really like working with my hands. I also thought about going to ITT tech? Maybe try to get into a distribution center? Maybe a truck driver? I currently work for Target overnight and only get 20 hours a week. I need a change Fast. In the end i do not care if its hard work. I just need job security, retirement, and good pay. Any suggestions?
Thanks!!!

Nick L in Medford, Massachusetts

61 months ago

jgeck90 in Lake Elsinore, California said: Hey guys does anyone know of a HVAC R school in the Southern California area that will accept someone without a diploma? I REALLY want to get to a trade school and not have to go back and get my diploma. I have a certificate of completion only. I am looking for a job that will pay well. I want to learn Refrigeration and get all the license's i need. I am very open to learning trade's but definitely not anything in the medical field. I really like working with my hands. I also thought about going to ITT tech? Maybe try to get into a distribution center? Maybe a truck driver? I currently work for Target overnight and only get 20 hours a week. I need a change Fast. In the end i do not care if its hard work. I just need job security, retirement, and good pay. Any suggestions?
Thanks!!!

You expect all that without even a diploma let alone a degree?? do you even have a HIGH SCHOOL Diploma??

Why can't you try to get a full time salaried positon with Target??

{{{I just need job security, retirement, and good pay}}}

Don't we all. EXCEPT that it takes hard work, not this attitude that I want therefore I am entitled to.

dave in Afghanistan

61 months ago

Nick L in Medford, Massachusetts said: You expect all that without even a diploma let alone a degree?? do you even have a HIGH SCHOOL Diploma??

Why can't you try to get a full time salaried positon with Target??

{{{I just need job security, retirement, and good pay}}}

Don't we all. EXCEPT that it takes hard work, not this attitude that I want therefore I am entitled to.

They allways tell you,that you need A high school diploma,Time and time again

Nick L in Jackson Heights, New York

61 months ago

dave in Afghanistan said: They allways tell you,that you need A high school diploma,Time and time again

You actually 'need' a degree to get anywhere even if it is just an associates degree. There is too much of 'I want & entitled to' without taking any initiative.

61 months ago

I didn't graduate from High School either and tried to get into ITT Tech, didn't happen. I had been in the navy and have my GED but couldn't find it so I ended up trying to get into HVACR School. Well they wanted to see a Diploma or GED also but at least they steered me in the right direction as who to contact to get a copy. After talking with the Dept of the Navy and following the trail they gave me I tracked down a copy of it and the rest is History. But to answer your question I don't know of any school that will let you in without one. Not here in Mass. anyway.

MERICK IN ATLANTA in Snellville, Georgia

60 months ago

mike in Iraq in Humble, Texas said: I came one this line looking for people you are looking for a job over here and give info on how to but you guys know it all so good luck

HEY MIKE IM A TOP ELECTRICIAN HELPER, WHATS THE BEST WAY TO APPLY FOR A JOB WITH KBR IN IRAQ AND WHATS THE SALARY FOR HAVING 13YRS IN THIS FIELD ?

v99 in El Segundo, California

59 months ago

doc69 in Los Angeles, California said: Has anyone gone to Brownson Technical College in Anaheim,CA?

My brother-in-law is currently enrolled at this school He apparently finished the major portion of the training in 9 months. He decided to pay $1500 more to get additional training to be able to make job estimates. He's been unemployed for over 1 year and is looking at HVAC to get him back to middle-class. Realistically, he has no experience so at the most he'll make like $15.00 an hour to start. That won't get him back to middle-class. He's 46 years old without a degree as well. I tried to convince him to pursue certification in technology related field like I did 10 years ago. I used to make $40K in government, then I got Microsoft certified and doubled my salary almost overnight. Been making 6 figures ever since. Nice office, no heavy lifting, no driving around, no weekend calls, etc. BE SMART, get into technology arena, it pays big $$$ and will continue to do so for the forseeable future. Seriously.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

v99 in El Segundo, California said: My brother-in-law is currently enrolled at this school He apparently finished the major portion of the training in 9 months. He decided to pay $1500 more to get additional training to be able to make job estimates. He's been unemployed for over 1 year and is looking at HVAC to get him back to middle-class. Realistically, he has no experience so at the most he'll make like $15.00 an hour to start. That won't get him back to middle-class. He's 46 years old without a degree as well. I tried to convince him to pursue certification in technology related field like I did 10 years ago. I used to make $40K in government, then I got Microsoft certified and doubled my salary almost overnight. Been making 6 figures ever since. Nice office, no heavy lifting, no driving around, no weekend calls, etc. BE SMART, get into technology arena, it pays big $$$ and will continue to do so for the forseeable future. Seriously.

That would be great advice if given in 2000. A) the guy is 46 not 26 when employers trip over themselves to hire you
B) You need a degree in CS to get any decent job (or any job in that field)
C) the days of a degree as a ticket to a job are over. Maybe if you graduate from M.I.T in Cambridge Mass or Cal Tech but certainly not from some rinky dink 'technical' institute

59 months ago

v99 in El Segundo, California said: He's 46 years old without a degree as well. I tried to convince him to pursue certification in technology related field like I did 10 years ago. I used to make $40K in government, then I got Microsoft certified and doubled my salary almost overnight. Been making 6 figures ever since. Nice office, no heavy lifting, no driving around, no weekend calls, etc. BE SMART, get into technology arena, it pays big $$$ and will continue to do so for the forseeable future. Seriously.

That would be great advice if given in 2000. A) the guy is 46 not 26 when employers trip over themselves to hire you
B) You need a degree in CS to get any decent job (or any job in that field)
C) the days of a degree as a ticket to a job are over. Maybe if you graduate from M.I.T in Cambridge Mass or Cal Tech but certainly not from some rinky dink 'technical' institute

59 months ago

If the guy has been unemployed for ONE year he is already behind and the best he can hope for is a $15 an hour job. What employer will take someone out of work longer than a few months seriously? I know it is harsh but I am being ALOT nicer than any hiring manager or HR person will be

Page:  « First « Previous   10  11  12  13  14  15  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.