Losing a great young tech

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Hvacsvc in Rensselaer, Indiana

45 months ago

Im losing a great young tech/installer as he's been excepted into the union. Great work ethics, attitude, he has a surprising amount of skill level for 2 yrs tech school and 2 yrs prior field experience. He's the kind of person that this trade needs as a whole. Ive had more compliments from his service from customers. Guess what I cant find? Someone to immediately replace him when there are a pages of guys listed with little to no work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

wilde.darren@yahoo.com in Dayton, Ohio

45 months ago

To whom it concerns,
I have succesfully completed 1 year of school and l have 2 years experience in hvac. Commercial and residential. Service and installs. My fiance has had an offer of a job in Alaska. L will now be moving with her and would like to stay in my trade as it is what l enjoy very much. My name is Darren Wilde and l came to the states from Ireland in 1994. I am punctual and hard working. Beside as we know the Irish built half the world so it is in my blood. I will be continueing to look for employment and I am very much looking forward to moving to Alaska. Love to here from you.
Yours Sencerely
Darren Peter Wilde

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

stefan in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

45 months ago

Hvacsvc in Rensselaer, Indiana said: Im losing a great young tech/installer as he's been excepted into the union. Great work ethics, attitude, he has a surprising amount of skill level for 2 yrs tech school and 2 yrs prior field experience. He's the kind of person that this trade needs as a whole. Ive had more compliments from his service from customers. Guess what I cant find? Someone to immediately replace him when there are a pages of guys listed with little to no work.

wanna keep him.? pay him what he is worth. you say it is difficult to find people to fill positions.? i know 2 people with over 20 years experience in service who cannot get a job. i think personally for two reasons.. to old both over 45 and they will demand to much money.
If i said it once i will say it again you want quality people in the HVAC/R trade, you need to PAY them, GIVE them Benefits, vac time sick day and some form of retirement i.e. 401. Until the owners of these companies begin to make the trade more attractive, and loose the "Its all about me" attitude this trade will continure to sink, and loose good people to better paying jobs that will offer them abetter life for themselves, and not be just a donkey for the "It's all about me" employers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.