hard to find someone who will hire coming out of school

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 198 of 198)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4   

Nick L in Medford, Massachusetts

36 months ago

No one wants to hire someone unemployed regardless of reason and the fact of the matter is that changing careers is impossible if you aren't the fresh out of school 20 something

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

zechdawg in Mcdonough, Georgia said: well it sounds hard but i think all yall over exaggerate about finding a job. i guess i will see but my dad did it for for a living and at the end of his carear he was making thirty dollars a hour, he started out with grunt work and went up the ladder. so we will see.

Hopium and positive thinking don't pay the rent either. It's called being realistic.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

zechdawg in Mcdonough, Georgia

36 months ago

well im 19 so if i cant find a job ill find somthing else but this site blog as been a big help as for as advice

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

stefan in Allison Park, Pennsylvania

36 months ago

good luck to you your young you'll survive. I was in HVACR for 23 years and never made over 18 per hour, and only worked for one company that offered benefits of any kind.
Funny you put in two years in a trade school, get all of these license’s, certificates, tools, and what do they pay you.? nothing. I had License’s and certificates, and 23 years in service and still made nothing. so i got out of the business went to school for computers, and started a job right out of school at 40K for a 40 hour week no OT no weekends, no holidays. i got good benefits, sick days personal day, and two weeks vacation after one year, and i am not busting my butt. it is funny how one business pays you nothing out of school because you don't know anything, and another industry pays you well out of school for not knowing so much either.

tollison in Bellflower, California

36 months ago

stefan, what type of computer training, what is your position now? Thanks

tollison in Bellflower, California

36 months ago

stefan in Allison Park, Pennsylvania said: good luck to you your young you'll survive. I was in HVACR for 23 years and never made over 18 per hour, and only worked for one company that offered benefits of any kind.
Funny you put in two years in a trade school, get all of these license’s, certificates, tools, and what do they pay you.? nothing. I had License’s and certificates, and 23 years in service and still made nothing. so i got out of the business went to school for computers, and started a job right out of school at 40K for a 40 hour week no OT no weekends, no holidays. i got good benefits, sick days personal day, and two weeks vacation after one year, and i am not busting my butt. it is funny how one business pays you nothing out of school because you don't know anything, and another industry pays you well out of school for not knowing so much either.

what type of computer training? what is your position now? Thanks

stefan in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

36 months ago

tollison in Bellflower, California said: what type of computer training? what is your position now? Thanks

I went to community college for 24 months received an associates degree in information technology, i also have an associates degree in business management.
I work IT support at American eagle outfitters corporate HQ here in Pittsburgh.
And i purchased a used van and stocked it up and i do HVAC service on the side roughly 3 to 4 calls per month, not bad it is under the table money cash in hand roughly $1,500 to $1,700 per month.
I enjoyed doing HVAC service, the work was not the issue, the cheep no good business owners were. after 23 years of making other people money, when they gave nothing, gets really old, really fast. i mean who goes to work someplace that doesn't offer benefits, fricken like being a slave in reality.

Taylor Tollison in Bellflower, California

36 months ago

Thanks for the quick response. I am also interested in computers, i well check out that line of work and schooling. I also like the idea of HVAC on the side. Really good ideas, much thanks!

Todd in Hudson, Massachusetts

36 months ago

I got certificate in HVAC 1993(Northeast Institute, Oil Heat (Watertown, MA) 1993 and later auto repair 2006. couldn't get a job in the first two with no experience and being older than 40 at the time.

Got a job at a truck repair shop as a janitor. They wouldn't let me do much work except taking springs off trucks. Worked as a janitor for 2 years before getting laid off due to no work.

Trades - no experience no work.

I have a BS too. Same thing. I work as a clerk for $25K.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

stefan in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

36 months ago

I had 23 years experience and could not find a job that payed over 18 bucks. so you know where this field is headed.
one suggestion i will make to guys who have experience and like to repair things, you can do what i did. i trained in a different industry where i work now making 45K in IT out of school i started at 39K, in hvac you will never make that out of school, or for that matter for some years to come if ever.
once you have a steady job in a new field, save up some cash buy a beater old van, open cash accounts at the wholesalers, and do service on the side. you can under cut every company out there and make some nice under the table cash, that's what i do and it paid off my van in 2 years. I charge a service call 50 bucks plus repairs, and AC/Furnace check 70 and i do not charge OT on weekends, see what company says that, and trust me you will still make the money. just a suggestion.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

jason anders in Pottsville, Pennsylvania

36 months ago

I was in the same situation and finally found an individual (as opposed to a company) that preferred to hire "out-of-school" so that they could train them their way...It is very few and far between, but be persistent.
www.lmslv.com/

Andrew37a in Surrey, British Columbia

34 months ago

I know how you feel, I have a Business Management Diploma from community college, a Property Management certificate from University, 11 years security guard and security supervisor and property administrator. and still to be a property manager people expect to people to be born experienced. Not willing to train just expect somebody off the street with 5 years experience. The real estate and like other industries are going to find out in a few years that they should have hired new people and train them to fill the void that will happen. People are going to wake up and see a big void and expect experience people to fill in that void and yet will not train. Well just like the trades, most employers look at other countries because they do not want to train our own people to go through school etc. Where these other countries like Europe and Asia already come pre-trained since grade 1. All because the employer are too lazy and dumb to look and wonder why there are not enough trained people in this country. the government gives the employer money to hire new people and guess what they hire a European pre-trained and they write their exam and get their Red seal. Then they use that money saying they hired somebody.

COMFORT AIR, BEAUMONT,TX in New Philadelphia, Ohio

32 months ago

Jeff Brown in Las Vegas, Nevada said: I also went to school for HVAC, and cant get a job to save my life. All these companies want experience, but how can we get eperience if we cant even get a chance. being HVAC certified and having youre EPA certs means absolutely nothing!

TRY COMFORT AIR IN BEAUMONT,TX

skelly in Irving, Texas

32 months ago

Try Kelly's Heating and AC. www.kellysac.com in Lewisville TX. Clean background and trustworthy a must.

32 months ago

I looked for months. Finally got a job for "unicco services" at exon/mobile in shawnee ok as an hvac apprentice at a chemical plant. Look for jobs as a maintenence mechanic/ hvac at facilities also. Also look up this company, i have learned alot here. Good luck!

jaymobb in chicago in Indianapolis, Indiana

31 months ago

314 Pipe welder in Chicago, Illinois said: I recently just graduated from a techncial college 6 months ago and they told me the same phrase you just said. We have 98% job placement and there is also a career services to asist you on campus. Man all of this is just completely false advertisng from these trade schools. I just spent thousands of dollars hoping I would be able to find successful employment after graduation but that has not happened. If you are a high school student about to graduate or maybe someone who is thinking about getting into the HVAC trade strongly think about it before you do it or make sure that you are bound to get a job with a good company once you graduate. I feel like this was a complete scheme so that trade schools are able to take thousands of dollars from you.

To the lady from kansas there is no 100% job placement assistance that is completely false. We even had small number in our classrooms to about 15 in each class.
Many of these companies just do not want to hire inexperienced technicians

I must admit it is really hard out there to get into the hvac field I graduated with an associate of applied science in hvac/r in 2009 and still looking to break in but I cant blame my school because they do stress a whole lot about not guaranteeing a hvac job but they work really hard with those companies and constantly sending out our resumes soon as they find openings.My belief is those companies dont want to hire entry level and just as someone else said you have to start somewhere just as those veteran workers once got a chance from some company.It gets very upsetting but I dont give up I continue to stay reading my hvac books and studying to stay committed.Someone else told me to try volunteering just maybe that might get me in the door but its hard to get them to do that so basically to you all who feels the way I do dont give up.

Stabler in Deltona, Florida

30 months ago

Definitely be proactive. Don't let the negative talk in here discourage you. I've held many jobs out of high school (IT work, automotive work, HVAC work to name a few) and have heard it all from the guys within the fields. People come up to me telling me there is no money to be made and all other kinds of non sense. My first year as an HVAC tech (hired off the street with no experience/schooling), I made right around $30k and on top of that, I enjoyed what I did. That didn't last because I had to leave the country but, now that I'm back, I plan on continuing my career as an HVAC tech. I don't know everyone's situation on here but, if I can offer some advice, its that you need to apply yourself and instead of simply pasting your resume online and hoping for the best, go out there and talk to these managers face to face. You'll be surprised at what can result from this. Don't forget there's also the commercial side of this.

Don't expect to start off at $20/hr either. School exp does not = field exp. And all this talk about smoking hopium or whatever is a joke. If you worked in this field for 23 years and haven't made any money, honestly, whose fault is that? If it took you 23 years to realize you're being underpaid, than that isn't the companies problem.

If you want realistic, then ditch this place and go to hvac-talk.com. Those guys will give you real advice (both good and bad).

30 months ago

Stabler in Deltona, Florida said: Definitely be proactive. Don't let the negative talk in here discourage you. I've held many jobs out of high school (IT work, automotive work, HVAC work to name a few) and have heard it all from the guys within the fields. People come up to me telling me there is no money to be made and all other kinds of non sense. My first year as an HVAC tech (hired off the street with no experience/schooling), I made right around $30k and on top of that, I enjoyed what I did. That didn't last because I had to leave the country but, now that I'm back, I plan on continuing my career as an HVAC tech. I don't know everyone's situation on here but, if I can offer some advice, its that you need to apply yourself and instead of simply pasting your resume online and hoping for the best, go out there and talk to these managers face to face. You'll be surprised at what can result from this. Don't forget there's also the commercial side of this.

Don't expect to start off at $20/hr either. School exp does not = field exp. And all this talk about smoking hopium or whatever is a joke. If you worked in this field for 23 years and haven't made any money, honestly, whose fault is that? If it took you 23 years to realize you're being underpaid, than that isn't the companies problem.

If you want realistic, then ditch this place and go to hvac-talk.com. Those guys will give you real advice (both good and bad).

Being underpaid is better than making Zero because you can't get an interview. That is what I meant by hopium..

30 months ago

Being underpaid is better than making Zero because you can't get an interview. That is what I meant by hopium..

merchants hvac in Germantown, Maryland

29 months ago

Charlene Barnett in Cincinnati, Ohio said: I feel your pain. I have been going to school going on my second year in HVAC. I can't sean to find a job nether. Whats hard for me, I think, I'm a women trying to get into the feild. I'm looking to an employer to just give me a foot in and I know I can do it.

You guys cant give up. Been doing this for 30 years now.you need to walk in or hang out around a supply store for hvac and ask techs if they no where you can get in the door and start.

merchants hvac in Germantown, Maryland

29 months ago

Dont give up keep looking work will come your way been doing hvac work for 30 years now. You just need to know who to ask for work. Look in the yellow book and can people. Who cares if they dont have an add looking for workers. They may talk with you and who knows. You might get hired or they may know of others that may need you.

Taylortollison

29 months ago

nicholas columbus in Dallas, Texas said: I could not find a job in field because of my background and no vehicle

Look at facility maintenance/hvac at large manufacturing plants, that's where my son got one, we never thought of that area before

stefen in Irwin, Pennsylvania

29 months ago

try maintenance....anything to build your resume...your not going to be paid well at all if you start at 12 per hr your doing good it took me 23 to make 25.
also something people do not know how to do and something that should be tought...NETWORKING.....get your name out there, get to know people in the field..sending out resumes to anyone and everyone is not the way in reality.. knowing someone who will get you that interview is key. people you network with will keep you in the loop with jobs they have herd about and you will stand a much better chance. you do not want to be just a number or a resume amoung thousands on HR's desk.
also as any field that you happen to get into today.. continuing your education is key... you see something you may have interest in at a local community college,, take it,, that fills in your Education section of your resume..
another thing that i feel trade schools fail at are teaching students in their last your how to construct a resume.. and how to interview..when i was in university one of my final test in my human resource class was a mock interview...had to submit a resume and a job listing.. and schedual an interview with student resources where a trained professional conducted an interview with you over the phone.. as i recall mine was almost 2 hours, and you where graded and he told you what you did wrong or said that hurt not helped you,, this is very helpfull trust me..
also when your in an interview and they say you will "Hear from us" ask them WHEN you can expect to hear from them.. if you left that open.. it could be between today and the end of the world. if you do not know something dont BS through it, tell them i do not know the system but i am eger to learn it.
Also go to places such as United or Johnstone and put up on their board your looking for work in HVAC/R.. but im telling you.. networking is the key.

Rob in Holbrook, Massachusetts

29 months ago

This is so TRUE. This whole HVAC thing is a joke. Going to school means nothing. I graduated with high honors in my class From Porter and chester Institute and they cant even find me a job. they have no rapoer with any Hvac companies. its a joke no one will hire you unless you have 3-5 years of field experience but how am i suppose to get that experience if no one will give me a chance. I've applied to about 50 different companies and not one has given me a chance. they all want expereince. i even went on an informal interview with one compnay that specialize in commercial refrigeration and the manager told me that he likes my motivation but they need someone with atleast 3years experience. ok if you like my motivation give me a chance to show you i can do the job. its not hard fixing refrigerators and walk in freezers. ITS RIDICULOUS. I wish i never did this it was a waste of my time and now I'm stuck with this schoool loan that the school keeps harrassing me to pay but how can i Pay if they cant even find me a JOB. !@#%$^&

big rick in Austin, Texas

29 months ago

Fernando Perez in El Campo, Texas said: I am currently in high school and am thinking about going into HVAC school do yall think its worth it?????

No. dont bother going into this field. Unless you know someone or a company that will for sure hire you, dont bother. I am 2 years out of school and epa certified. Right now I work at a sandwich shop because I can't get a job. They don't want you fresh out of school. I just wasted 10 thousand dollars on this field for nothing. Go into a field that has a job placement program. be smart. struggling sux.

29 months ago

I agree to a certain extent. Seeing that your will be fresh out of high school and probably dont have a family to feed, its not a bad thing. you can afford to sit back and wait and get paid peanuts and grow in the field. but i will warn you it will be hard to get a job unless you know someone. Coming from school it is very hard to find anyowne that will hire you. they all want 3-5 years experience, which is hard tyo have unless they give you a chance.

kv service repair in San Jose, California

29 months ago

Billy in San Jose, California said: I went to a school called (Quality Air Training) off of Industrial....do you know that school? Anyways.....I moved out here to San Jose, Ca....where my wife's family is (had to move because of her complaints...) but, I think if I stayed there my chances of getting a job would be increased...especially in Las Vegas?? Keep trying..........somethings got to catch....eventually there......

I have work for you,send me an email kvservicerepair@gmail.com

VMSI in West Chester, Ohio

29 months ago

Charlene Barnett in Cincinnati, Ohio said: I feel your pain. I have been going to school going on my second year in HVAC. I can't sean to find a job nether. Whats hard for me, I think, I'm a women trying to get into the feild. I'm looking to an employer to just give me a foot in and I know I can do it.

Did you find employment?

stefen griff in pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

29 months ago

FYI to all of you job seekers.. it is not just this field.. but everyone and everything...trade school or university grads are all in this boat. Building a resume, and gaining experience is difficult no matter what you do.. and for many when they do get in they complain about the wages, no one starts at the top or for that fact even in the middle..you are going to be installing or repairing equipment worth thousands or millions,, and they are not going to trust that to someone right out of school.. honestly when you finish school you know enough to be dangerous. so try working in maintenance, apartments or rentals, be a stoog helper.. yes you are going to eat dirt, you are going to be paid dirt and if your lucky you just may learn something. but you need to start at the very bottom. if they told you in trade school that you are going to graduate and get a job making thousands or even hundreds they flat out lied to you. and with 99% of the 20 somethings not having a good work ethic.. a lot of these companies what to see what your worth before they will take a chance on you. and the econemy is not the best now either,, even the guys and gals working now are hard pressed to make 40 hours per week. and that is not going to change until the pinheads in DC start generating work, and stop viewing people with the money as enemies, and stop acting like communist with their collective c#*p...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

I work for a small geothermal compnay now but it was hard getting hired and they pay you peanuts it ridiculous to think you can feed yourself and a family with what they pay you. this fiedl still sucks unless you haev 3-5 years experience and unless you know someone who knows someone catch my drift. Schooling is a waste because they dont care what school you went to. The best thing to do is to go to a two year school and take up building controls learn DDC and you will get a job with a hvac controls company they pay you much more. I just signed up to go back to study this myself.

kv service repair in San Leandro, California

29 months ago

We have good opportunities for you, we can also trained you, if you need it. Thank you

lano64078 in Overland Park, Kansas

27 months ago

I am about to have my Associates in HVAC Residential and I've only had 2 call backs from employers. Did not get the job because they wanted someone with more experience and have their own tools. I bought all my tools, even said I'd work for free during the training process on ride- alongs, still nothing, I even have an electrical tech certificate too. Even though I tried my best and wanted to make the most out of this trade, I am contemplating to go back to school for something in the health field, so stressed out. I'm becoming a professional college student with big debt.

It's summer now, there should be plenty of people hiring, so please let me know if your in the overland park, olathe, topeka, lee summit, merriam, areas..

27 months ago

lano64078 in Overland Park, Kansas said: I am about to have my Associates in HVAC Residential and I've only had 2 call backs from employers. Did not get the job because they wanted someone with more experience and have their own tools. I bought all my tools, even said I'd work for free during the training process on ride- alongs, still nothing, I even have an electrical tech certificate too. Even though I tried my best and wanted to make the most out of this trade, I am contemplating to go back to school for something in the health field, so stressed out. I'm becoming a professional college student with big debt.

It's summer now, there should be plenty of people hiring, so please let me know if your in the overland park, olathe, topeka, lee summit, merriam, areas..

You may have to be willing to move out of state for a while. Apply everywhere, try HVAV/ maintenence jobs at large plants. Go to craigslist and indeed.com to big cities in Oklahoma or Texas and places where it stays hot for a while. Treat your job hunt like a job, keep applying, this worked for me. Good luck!!

bernard.james

26 months ago

Why go to school for HVAC ,Electrical,Plumbing if you gotta already have 5+years in any of these fields the goverment already has enough money they give you grants just to keep the cycle flowing some schools uses students just to meet their standard goals then harass you to pay the money back and you don't even have a job in your trade :)wow well to all hard working students the staffing and temps services is knocking us out of the box along with your goverments.think about this seriously

thomas in Baltimore, Maryland

25 months ago

I'm 37 years and want to go hvac training which is best in Arizona? Is t"here age restrictions?

jon johnson in Gardner, Illinois

20 months ago

Charlene Barnett in Cincinnati, Ohio said: I feel your pain. I have been going to school going on my second year in HVAC . I can't sean to find a job nether. Whats hard for me, I think, I'm a women trying to get into the feild. I'm looking to an employer to just give me a foot in and I know I can do it.

been there done that, i have all of the training tp be and auto motive tech and are doing side jobs for family, but i dont have the money to get my ase in. there are jobs i can get that require them but i cant seem to find one in that fleid

20 months ago

big rick in Austin, Texas said: No. dont bother going into this field. Unless you know someone or a company that will for sure hire you, dont bother. I am 2 years out of school and epa certified. Right now I work at a sandwich shop because I can't get a job. They don't want you fresh out of school. I just wasted 10 thousand dollars on this field for nothing. Go into a field that has a job placement program. be smart. struggling sux.

i feel your pain i am 30,000 in debt with student loans i have been out of a 2 year college little over two 2 years and stilll cant get a job in the automotive world not even as a lube tech and i dont need to be ase cert to change oil

20 months ago

if i can a way to get financial assistance in getting my ASE in i would be one step further in getting out of this low paying job i am working know, and be able to support my family better, i think it is odd that you can get assistance with paying your bills and going to college. but cant find any assistance to help me to get my A.S.E in

Rizo in Saint Louis, Missouri

19 months ago

I am interested in HVAC program. Can anyone tell me which school is better for HVAC, Ranken or Midwest Institute?

R3 in Sunnyvale, California

17 months ago

It's not necessarily a scam. I have felt the same as a lot of you at one point or another but the key is to persevere and try harder than the next guy. I didn't know anyone in the field and started with nothing at first. I was the top student every class. It took me 150-200 tries using Craigslist, indeed, hvac agent to land my first job. That was 3 months into my program. They made me crawl under houses in the mud doing BS labor. But I stuck with it. When things got slow I began looking again. This time I had 6months exp. Even with experience the second time took about 100 tries and was excruciatingly hard to get through but i landed my first commercial job. By then I was just about wrapping up my program. By this point I was barely showing up at school but I was just sneaking by with good test scores and barely graduated.That was almost 2 years ago. I'm now moving into a new position with a different company I'm making some pretty decent wages. They gave me a company laptop and a smart phone. I also have a work van and my own tools (vac pump, welding kit, gauges ect). This is my 3rd job and I didn't even look too hard this time. The employers were looking for me. Long story short: It's very possible to succeed the school can only give you the basics. It is really on you to persevere and stick with it. The hardest part is when your starting out. You will need to find a way into the trade and the only way to do it is look long and hard. You basically need to wake up and check Craigslist everyday. It's not ganna find you at first. This all started with going to school and learning the basics. But don't just hang around and wait till you graduate. Employers like to see that you're still in school working at it.

Leyla Gunel Ahmadzada in Las Vegas, Nevada

17 months ago

Billy in San Jose, California said: I went to a school called (Quality Air Training) off of Industrial ....do you know that school? Anyways.....I moved out here to San Jose, Ca....where my wife's family is (had to move because of her complaints...) but, I think if I stayed there my chances of getting a job would be increased...especially in Las Vegas?? Keep trying..........somethings got to catch....eventually there......

Hello. Did you go Quality Traning school ? Where was location and how was that school. whats your opinion about it.

Alberta Home Services in Calgary, Alberta

12 months ago

Future HVAC Techs,

Due to our tremendous growth we are hiring HVAC Apprentices / 1st and 2nd Years

We have been in the business 25 years. Come and work in a Great Environment with great wages!

To apply go online to - www.albertahomeservices.net/#!jobs-/c6o5

Thank you!

Frankie in Bell, California

11 months ago

Hi ive graduated 2 weeks ago from a trade school called SCIT and my field is general electrician and even as a apprentice seems like I cant find a job anywhere! What kind of scam is this? Seems like every employer are looking for at least 2 years experience. I think tjey know trade schools are trendy now and they are making it harder for apprentices to move up. This is so lame. Everything is a conspiracy. People know. Equal opportunity employers my asss

Billy in San Jose, California

11 months ago

Frankie in Bell, California said: Hi ive graduated 2 weeks ago from a trade school called SCIT and my field is general electrician and even as a apprentice seems like I cant find a job anywhere! What kind of scam is this? Seems like every employer are looking for at least 2 years experience. I think tjey know trade schools are trendy now and they are making it harder for apprentices to move up. This is so lame. Everything is a conspiracy. People know. Equal opportunity employers my asss

I agree, I went to a trade school in Las Vegas back in 2006 and got my Universal Technician Cert. I moved back to San Jose, California and looked for work in HVAC and had absolutely no luck at all. I was told "we are union" you have to join the union.....so I went and signed up there took all their tests....and was put on a Looooooooong wait list.....never got the call. Had to become a tow-truck driver and ended up stuck there......still applying for HVAC jobs.....never got one. After getting my AA degree in 2009 and my BS (in Business Psychology) and still applying for jobs in the HVAC field, I haven't gotten any interviews. I apply to entry level positions paying 12 bucks an hour and still can't get an interview........wth.....I think a lot of these HVAC companies are testing the waters, they are looking for Journeyman level workers and want to pay them entry level wages...because they know it's a tough economy. So, they are simply exploiting the unemployed right now. And those getting their education and trying to get the experience suffer.....because they can't get hired. It's bull.......it's angering and frustrating. I know, keep you chin up and eye on the prize......right? Of course, what else can we do? Other than crawl into a ball and die? No, that's crazy......we push on get a job anywhere, pushing grocery carts (it's a job).....but hey it's frustrating still when even the grocery cart pusher (job) has a hundred applicants.

Billy in San Jose, California

11 months ago

Alberta Home Services in Calgary, Alberta said: Future HVAC Techs,

Due to our tremendous growth we are hiring HVAC Apprentices / 1st and 2nd Years

We have been in the business 25 years. Come and work in a Great Environment with great wages!

To apply go online to - www.albertahomeservices.net/# !jobs-/c6o5

Thank you!

I'd love to apply, but I live in California........thanks for posting though.

Alberta Home Services in Calgary, Alberta

11 months ago

In Alberta there are plenty of jobs! Get a work visa and apply with us

TAURUS KILLEBREW in Memphis, Tennessee

6 months ago

QUOTE]

HI MY NAME IS TAURUS KILLEBREW AND IM A CURRENT GRADUATE FROM REMINGTON COLLEGE HAVENT FOUND A JOB IN THE HVAC FIELD SINCE I GRADUATED. SO I DECIDED TO GO TO VATTEROTT CAREER COLLEGE IN MEMPHIS TENN ALSO AND I HAVE FINISHED THE BUILDING MAINTENANCE MAYBE I HAVE SOME LUCK ON THAT BUT I HAVENT FOUND NOTHING IN BUT IM THE FIELD YET IM GOING TO KEEP TRYING BUT YES IT IS HARD TO GET AJOB THESE DAYS APPLYING ON THE INTERNET PEOPLE ARE NOT CALLING BACK IT IS HARD
IN BOTH MAINTENANCE AND HVAC IF I DONT GET DECENT JOB SOON WITH A GOOD PAY HAVE NO IDEA IN WHAT IM GOING TO DO OTHER THAN A WAREHOUSE JOB I HAVE FORK LIFT LICENCE AND CANT GET AJOB IN THR FIELD

mark simms in Romeoville, Illinois

6 months ago

Im going threw the same thing,i graduated from Environmental Technical Institute for HVAC-R,on 1/14/2014,FROM WILLOW BROOK IL, with the highest GPA IN MY CLASS, WHICH IS AN A,AND I CANT GET A JOB,THE THING I REALY REALY CANT STAND IS WHEN THEY SEE YOUR RESUME ON LINE,OR GET YOUR RESUME FROM SCHOOL AND CALL YOU UP AND ASK YOU TO COME IN FOR A INTERVIEW AND SEE YOU JUST GRADUATED FROM HVAC SCHOOL FROM YOUR RESUME,BUT WHEN YOU GO FOR YOUR INTERVIEW AND YOU ARE DONE HAVEING YOUR INTERVIEW,THEY TELL YOU WERE SORRY,BUT WERE LOOKING FOR MORE EXPERENCE TECHNICIANS WITH 3 TO 5 YEARS OR MORE EXPERENCE.WHY IN THE HELL DID YOU CALL ME IN FOR A INTERVIEW IN THE FIRST PLACE,YOU CAN SEE ON MY RESUME THAT IT CLEARLY STATES THE DATE THAT I GRADUATED,WHICH WAS ONLY A MONTH AGO.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.