Unit Coordinator

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Rebecca in Columbus, Ohio

62 months ago

I work in Columbus, Ohio as a part time unit coordinator on the Oncology, Hospice and Palliative Unit at a hospital. I am also in school full time towards my RN/BSN. I am a senior. I make 10.09 a hour at my job. On weekends I make 10.98 an hour, and at nights its 11.10. I do 12 hour shifts.

It is a job where I have learned a lot, but I do not like it. The phones are constantly ringing and we are understandstaffed, and I will have 6 calls on hold with 2 familes staring at me to get information. I work on the 3rd floor, and more than once I've had people ask me if it was the ER.

I had no prior training to this besides 2 years of nursing school. I had a week of training, and then they basically sent me off to shadow other Unit Coordinators. The hospital I work is affliated with my college, and they pay half my tuition. That makes almost any amount of stress worth it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

teena in Phoenix, Arizona

62 months ago

i'm not sure what your question is but maybe it would have helped to go to one of those certifed programs that way you don't feel like you are too overwhelmed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.