Getting a heavy equipment mechanic job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Host

How did you get your start doing heavy equipment mechanic work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Reply - Report abuse

youssef in Littleton, Colorado

84 months ago

well i start heavy equipment since i was 18 old i worked in some company of service oil in desert in liby like geco . shlamberge.halliburton.shell. and many companys i just dont remember them well i worked in only catpillars

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

youssef in Littleton, Colorado

84 months ago

well shankar we all have family need take care of em

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

youssef in Denver, Colorado

77 months ago

Host said: How did you get your start doing heavy equipment mechanic work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

yes i did got praticular educational in mechanic desle then i didnt find ajob so i moved to liby where i got chance to work with big companys as a labor so step by step i did learn more about mechanic caterppilars so host have ajob for me nhhh

ron in Guelph, Ontario

71 months ago

Host said: How did you get your start doing heavy equipment mechanic work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

visit www.mechanicshub.com to get the info you are looking for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

craneman in Spring Hill, Florida

66 months ago

if i were to believe the first reort listed i would not be doing this.
1. good education no ged.
2. plenty of chemistry and physics.
3. learn to read and write and comprehend.(if you can't think you cannot do the work)
4. technical education(practice what you study, study what you practice.)

my education= 4yr degree@LSU computer science
yearly income average= $115000.00
you can do this.
you can't be illiterate though,druggie,wino,derelict.

gd65802 in Springfield, Missouri

42 months ago

Several people insist on taking low wages as a Heavy Equipment Mechanic. I have worked both shop and field service for over 15 years. A good journey level mechanic should make between 22.00 and 35.00 an hour. I know some rural areas like to pay less, but that's because you allow them to pay less. In rural area, 22.00 should be the bottom for a good journeyman. I got called out to a company recently to service a loader with weak hydraulics, the foreman said there mechanic was out on medical leave. He had hurt his back doing heads on an engine. After conversation for a while I found out that he only pays his 8 year veteran Heavy Equipment Mechanic 12.00 an hour. How much is your expertise and your back worth?? Turn them down if the wage is not right

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.