Heavy Equipment Operator

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 573)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

CJ in Chattanooga, Tennessee

89 months ago

Check with the union, M&M, Trigent, gosh can't remember many more. I used to work for M&M. Dumb supervisor, decent pay.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mike H.

88 months ago

Hi guy's. Thanks for the thread. I've read every word and expected sour grapes from some and praise from others. I'm thinking of N.A.H.E.T.S. this month and now i'm questioning not only attendance but if so which field to get certified in there. They obviously are training out of Oklahoma College (city) and I'd like to be sure before sinking my life savings into either H.E.O. or Crane Certs. I have no formal training or "seat time" in the trades. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Guys/Gals.

Edward in Kansas City, KS

88 months ago

If you were sending your kid to college what would you do? Duh! Check it out before you go anywhere! I just sent my step daughter to Texas hair school and spent $16,000.00 hard earned dollars. She graduated and is making good money doing it, and it was cheaper than cocaine; but, I will tell you, 1) I traveled to 4 different schools before my wife I signed the check. 2) It's like buying a car, and if you buy from the first lot you are stupid! Use your brain!

Jabotee in Sacramento, California

88 months ago

After reading all of this its hard to tell the truth from trash.
In reading between the lines there are a few sour people out there
over the school. I have found that you get out of life what you put
into it. I want to make a change in my life for the better. I make good money right now but at a cost of my well being and spirit of life.
I hope to meet a better grade of people as a crane operator and in the years ahead I wish to pat myself on the back for making this leap of faith.

Michael in Derry, New Hampshire

88 months ago

Hey Jabotee,
Heed the warnings you read, and do some digging. Talk with crane companies and find out if this training will be enough for you to operate their expensive equipment. Otherwise you won't be patting yourself if you made a very expensive mistake. I would look into apprenticeship programs where you get the training while working, better than dumping 15k and getting no results. You can also get information from some LOCALs that may sponcer apprenticeships. You see there are issues (sour grapes or not) use that info to make a sound judgement.

88 months ago

Hey Mike,
GOOD !!! look around, check for apprenticeship programs through your state or Locals! Here is two more things that I just found out about. In NH I called the Association of General Contractors to find they knew NOTHING about ATS or NAHETS! Their opinion was that most of equipment operators are promoted from within, coming fresh off the streets and getting an operators job wouldn't happen.
Another matter is that ATS generates its OWN placement percentages...no independent survey company, just themselves. that's how the placement is so high...In 3 months no forms have been sent checking on my status! The only thing I got was the certificates showing I graduated all three levels and my new NAHETS card...which is good for nothing. Maybe when I run out of toilet paper the certs will be good for something!
PLEASE research your decision, check with a few contractors and verify their standards for employment. My class found out the hard way, "oh the weather is bad, the economy is bad, you don't have the experience of we take only applications" doesn't cover the rent when it is due.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

Local Northern Calif. Operating Engineers apprentice program. There is a waiting list to get in 6 months to two years. Now has anyone walked away from this school with absolutely nothing. Are you no better or more educated in this field then before you attended.? If I go to this school then I think it would put me in a better position when the apprentice program opens and I can start there. Am I wrong in looking at it this way. I know that what I am doing now is going nowhere.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

Hey Jabotee,
ATS will show you the basics, I can't deny them that. But their job leads are all looking for experience..if you have not been in or around this kind construction, then honestly, I would say your chances are slim. I have been in mechanics for 23 years, and no one in construction will give me a break. I have to return to what I do well and give up on this. If you know someone in the field that could recommend you, that would be a plus. My classmates are unemployed (and thats from 5 new england states) and I could guarentee that the other who are graduating will end up the same. It's not sour grapes, but a reflection of a bad situation. I am also looking to apprenticeship programs (which are few and far between) but I need to get paid while learning this way no one suffers. In the end I still have a 15 year payment of $200.00 plus dollars staring at me, and after all the time I wasted chasing this dream, I have a plastic NCCER card and a couple of diplomas...along with a ton of unpaid bills, and no employment in a field that I thought would be a good bet. ATS's best responce is "What do you want us to do?" "We don't guarentee employment." while saying they have an 80% plus placement rate. I found out through the Education Board that they state placement rates...not a seperate entity that would be impartial. So they say what they want, and no one can challenge them. Like I said before, research this and make your decision, I would have done differently in hindsight.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

Michael
Thank you for your response. What does it take for someone to get ahead in making there life and their family life
better. Yes its a gamble as is most things in life. I need to do this to live
I can't keep dying everday.
It is better to reach for something, then to hold on to nothing. Best wishes for a prosperous new year.
Also I have 5 days to bail before obligation sets in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

Hi Jabotee,
I had a conversation with a secretary at the HEO/Electrical Local #4 today. The apprentice program here doesn't come around untill November. She knew of the ATS and had NOTHING good to say about them. She had apologized for ATS misguided and underhanded training. She told me it was useless, and a shame how ATS could prey on people especially in an economy as this, and how it makes everyone look bad.
I wish you well in your endevours, but hope that you find another school to go to. Personally ITT Tech worked for me years ago, and if I had the time and money, I would go there again. Good Luck

88 months ago

How many in your class did land a job.?
This is the only web site that has complaints about them.

88 months ago

Hey Jabotee,
I wrote a longer note but was SENSORED by INDEED! Not vulgar, just an opinion WOW! So much for my rights!
No one from my class is working yet. I heard gossip that one is operating a dozer, but he was with that company in a lower position to start with.
Watch the forum, and learn. An apprenticeship program to be a proper "Journeyman" is four years, not nine weeks. That is from Local 4 and the AGC here. Call your counterparts there for verification.
One recommended option is to get a CDL (school sources say to drive oil trucks when work runs out!) but that opens doors, maybe get a hazmat permit, I will work on this myself. The apprentice program here starts next November, and the Local suggested I get these permits to boost my standings. Sounds reasonable, and they get you into work and school properly. I hope this opinion makes it across...big brother should help, not hide behind legalities. that's my opinion, and I could be wrong!

88 months ago

Getting the CDL was not that hard. I have a class B with haz mat and air brakes. Getting the commercial drivers handbook from the dmv and studying it to no end is a major contrbution in passing.
Hilight key points for quick review.
I did have some help from my friends who had gone to trucking school. Having access to some of the tests was helpful both the ones on the DMV web site and ones from the actual written test. On the written tests I aced the haz mat and air brake, the regular drivers test I missed 3 and the commercial test missed 5
out of a total of 110 between all of them. Doing the driving test was not that hard. You have to do your pre-trip inspection of which I made a study page to help. There is a lot to cover. Basically they want to feel confident that you know what you are dealing with and what to look for. I could see if I could post it here for you to copy and use to help. Or you could go to trucking school and spend 4 to 6 grand. I trained myself to get my cdl and got it. So it can be done. You have to want to get to where you are going. Also I quit a 60k a year job yesterday to do this H.E. operator thing. I truly believe that I will succeed. Believing is the key.
I am going to go to this school to get started and in the meantime I will put in
my application to the apprentice programm
which starts out at $17.44 hr and hope that I get accepted soon. I will look into habitat for humanity to see where I might be able subsidize my training or at least get my foot in the door somewhere with somebody.

88 months ago

FRONT - 2
PRE-TRIP Damage, leaning. Hazards, leaks.
INSPECTION Lights - brakes, 4-way, turn signal.

UNDER THE HOOD – 7
Front suspension - springs, mounts, shocks.
Steering box - hoses, linkage.
Front wheel – rim, hub / oil seal, lug nuts,
tires ( Inflation, Condition, Depth) 4/32. Tire condition, side wall,
Front brakes – slack adjuster, brake chamber, cuts, excess wear.
hoses / lines, drum / linings.
Fluids – Levels, oil, coolant, power steering,
w/s washer, check for leaking hoses.
Belts – water pump, alternator, power steering
belt, serpentine.
Air Compressor – Gear driven
SIDE – 7 INSIDE – 10
Fuel tank - leaks, mounts. Safety - seat belt. Fuses, Extinguisher, Triangles.
Air tanks - hoses, mounts. Clutch / shift tower.
Battery box Guages – temp, oil presure, voltage, air pressure.
Door / mirror Windshield, mirrors.
Rear wheels – rims, lug nuts, Wipers / washer.

88 months ago

Sorry, it did not paste properly.

Kevin in Westminster, Massachusetts

88 months ago

Rodolfo Gonzalez in Tucson, Arizona said: I am a Certified H E O, I II III. I obtained my certs on Nov of 06. I have been looking for work in Las Vegas and Arizona. Calif. What does it take to get hired. They either want a High School Diploma, or experience, how do you obtain that if no one wants to give you a chance, not even the Unions?

Ive been a heavy equipment operator for years, i know the answer to your question. you need to be able to read minds, do everything perfectly, and work for free.sorry no help, good luck!

88 months ago

Hey Kevin,
I believe that Rodolfo finally got hired. He was there as a welder and a position opened up! I'm glad to hear he got something finally, I hope it was worth it. There are still plenty of us that went to a certain "school" that are grinding our axes, rather than work. How did you get your training?

88 months ago

My response is that I grew up around heavy equipment, I started when I was a youngster. I just happened to be always in the right place at the right time.I taught myself how to run over 40 machines over the years.I learned what the levers did in the machines, then I trained myself how to run it.Ive been doing it for 26 years now.I am now laid off and looking for a construction company to work for, for a long time,that pays at least 25 bucks an hour. Any suggestions?I have 4 kids and need the work. I also have 5 years in welding school, and have been welding for as long as I've been operating.Have a good day!

88 months ago

Kevin
Keep up the faith and don't miss a door to knock on. It's winter, things are slow which makes it tougher.
Don't let it get to you. Keep your head up and walk tall.

88 months ago

Hey Kevin,
Give me your e-mail address, if I see something I'll send it your way. Between the HEO and welding I'm surprised your not working. While were on the subject, what do you think the chances are of getting a job in HEO with only 9 to 12 weeks of actual training, and no other background experience? If it's what I think it is, Jabotee should hear it. I tried to caution him of my personal "education" and the "less than stellar" results of it, he won't listen. I've been a mechanic for 20+ years, even with the HEO schooling, I"ll be one for 20 more....

88 months ago

Hey Guys
Well I went for the school. Northern Calif. school of Construction. Yes it is part of nahets. 01/09/08 day 4. So far its been ok, but The Skill
I feel that I would have to properly demostrate to a prospective employer would be a close call in three weeks. There are 4 classes for different levels different machines. 3 weeks each. It has set me back in thinking what I tought about running equipment. It Is A Skilled
Profession. It takes time to learn and master. Has anyone looked through the classifieds all of them.! There are a ton of lobs out there
some are no brainers with no pay and there are jobs that require skill and experience. This place will tempoarily put the tools in your hands to learn a trade, what we do with it is up to us. Apptitude.
On 01/04/08 I walked out of a job that I made 60k at. Now I am making nothing borrowing against money I dont have, But I believe that I have a chance to live my life through this change. Maybe I will succeed, maybe I will not. But I would never of known if I did not try.
We all have to make our choices in life, and the sooner we start living
the longer it will take for us to die.

kimberlie in Jacksonville, Florida

88 months ago

Mike H. said: Hi guy's. Thanks for the thread. I've read every word and expected sour grapes from some and praise from others. I'm thinking of N.A.H.E.T.S. this month and now i'm questioning not only attendance but if so which field to get certified in there. They obviously are training out of Oklahoma College (city) and I'd like to be sure before sinking my life savings into either H.E.O. or Crane Certs. I have no formal training or "seat time" in the trades. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Guys/Gals.

well people I live in jax,FL I am looking in to the feild of H.E.O.school. The school of H.E.O. is 40 min from my house with over 300 ach. of ground to play on it, does not offer levels but the CERT. is for all 8 differ pcs.of equt. blupts reading.grad.laysers all kinds of stuff ect. for{ $$7,000} THE NAME IS NATL HEAVY EQUIEPT TRAININGINC WHO IS A ACCED SCHOOL. So far I have called six that are with- in the same price and class course REF. SO before you drop a dime take time and look at the school. Compare them to at least five in/out of your state . I went to the job exbo's for the school. go though the the phone book and look, call up the contractors ask the what IF"S to get job info. I already have two degrees in another feild . I'm gearing toward to make money not wast my time.

darren in Los Angeles, California

87 months ago

plain and simple if you want to go to excelent school in ca,
deep creek construction school look at the web site call the people on the web site, and they will tell you there working

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

87 months ago

Jabotee in Sacramento, California said: After reading all of this its hard to tell the truth from trash.
In reading between the lines there are a few sour people out there
over the school. I have found that you get out of life what you put
into it. I want to make a change in my life for the better. I make good money right now but at a cost of my well being and spirit of life.
I hope to meet a better grade of people as a crane operator and in the years ahead I wish to pat myself on the back for making this leap of faith.

deep creek construction school best way to go

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

87 months ago

Hey Darren,
Talk to Jabotee in a few monthe after he graduated, and has nothing to show. Supposedly he started already, I would like to see where his philosophy gets him. He's not good about advice, constructive or otherwise. My leap put me in a big hole, I wished I hadn't.

87 months ago

My Thoughts on the school after the first level. Its who you know to get the job, its how you present yourself. Its a product of Investment
of yourself. If you expect to walk right into a cushy job running a high dollar piece of equipment owned by someone else. you have another thing coming. This school and there three weeks of training, gives you a start. Your other option is to start as a day laborer with a shovel
and work your way up. How long would it take you to get into a back hoe going this way.? Is NAHETS the best school to go to. I can't say that it is or that it is not. I have a lot of ideas of how to make it better.
Maybe Deer Creek is better. What I did was a PERSONNEL choice, and I am
not giving advice. And in two more weeks I will graduate from the school from the crane course. From there I will get my commercial drivers license upgraded to class A. From that point I have a lot of options. If I get a job this year great, if not then I will keep training and expanding my skills to more possibilities. And yes I will post here when I nail that job that I want. If you dont look at the glass being half full, you dont have a glass to fill.

87 months ago

Darren
Did you go to deer creek.? do you have a experience in construction.?
Do you know someone in the field that will help you get in.?

87 months ago

im at the school now and i have a few freinds that are in the biz, and ive done construction for many years,
you gota start at the bottem and work your way up this i understand,some think there gona walk in and work whatever machine it dont work like that unless you get lucky or know somebody

87 months ago

Darren
How much hands on are you doing at the school. Are you doing rigging in the field, and how much time do you get on a piece of equipment each day.? This is one problem at nahets. there was not a lot of time on each machine. You get the basics of operation then its a matter of getting enough time to hone the skill. The part of nahets that I did not like is that they try and cram 6 to 8 weeks of training into 3. This realy put a cramp on things especialy the crane level. This is more math then geometry from high school. Let me know. Good luck.

Aaron in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

87 months ago

Hey people listen up, I you live in a state where certification is mandatory then choosing to go to one of these schools are for you, Otherwise don't waste you're time. There are only thirteen states and I believe six seperate cities that mandate certification. More than likely you don't live there. These school's do offer alot of information in a short time, but most of the info relates to supervisor's and foreman's. Either way that you go you must start at the bottom and work you're way up. If you don't want to take the risk of losing a bunch of money then get on the waiting list for apprenticeship. I am finishing up with Oklahoma college of construction, I have already blown my money, They don't care if you pass or fail. They will still pass the dummies in the end, giving the people that actually give a damn and try to learn a black eye. Now if one of the idiot's go interview ahead of me, they will look at me as if I am also an idiot and don't know jack about the field. There is alot to be learned at these school's but is it really worth it? I must say no! H.E.O. 3 C.C.O. 2 graduate. Good luck out there.

mike in Portland, Oregon

87 months ago

Hey guys,
I feel so bad for all of you who have been dooped into "construction school" bottom line is, you can go to school all you want to, but that doesn't give you field experiance. I have been in the industry my whole life. ( Dad started his own excavation company 30+ years ago) We don't even consider the school graduates seriously, You have no REAL experience. The only way to get that is to start out like the rest of us....A shovel in your hand, shoveling like a mo foe and watching and learning from guys that HAVE experience....Sorry guys. Go in as a Laborer and work your way up.

antonio barcenas in Sacramento, California

87 months ago

Ryan in Yuba City, California said: I'm glad I talked to some of you before I threw 15 grand down the Toilet. Anybody looking o become a Heavy Equipment operator should look at going to deep creek construction school $5900 state certified and your msha cert

When you graduated did you get a job right away or were you having difficulty finding an employer to give you a chance with no on the job experience only?

87 months ago

I graduate in three more weeks. I have two jobs on the table. I have to move to a differant state if I take them. start pay 18hr first 180 days 21hr/24hr after that. you do have to dig deep to find a start straight out of school.

Manolo in Glendale, Arizona

87 months ago

mike in Portland, Oregon said: Hey guys,
I feel so bad for all of you who have been dooped into "construction school" bottom line is, you can go to school all you want to, but that doesn't give you field experiance. I have been in the industry my whole life. ( Dad started his own excavation company 30+ years ago) We don't even consider the school graduates seriously, You have no REAL experience. The only way to get that is to start out like the rest of us....A shovel in your hand, shoveling like a mo foe and watching and learning from guys that HAVE experience....Sorry guys. Go in as a Laborer and work your way up.

Thats how I started. Had no schooling. Just got lucky and am a great operater.

mark in Palm Springs, California

87 months ago

YA, but some of us are 35 years old and have been shoveling since we have been 18 or younger.I have 2 prior years experianc operating an excavator and cant find any work sent resums out all over the country..I just moved to southern california it's so bad here for work operating i have been working for c.l.p.and get to meet lots of excavating companys and contractors people around here say they never seen it this bad for work.I went to the union hall and the ladie told me she had 400 journy men operators laid off right now.I also whent to school in Dothan,Alabama i am NCCER certified in operating a dozer,excavator,back ho & loader.My next step some day is crain but i wounder if it will be the same oll stuff srugling for work and wasted lots of money again

87 months ago

I have been an operator for 26 years. I can run everything from backhoe exc. grader,finish dozer, cranes and many more.The only way you are ever going to learn is to be on the ground seeing what needs to be done and how to save the ground man work. Afterall that is what a machine is for.You must gain the operators trust and when there is lax time he will show you.Even if he is a prick. Trust me.My best advice to anyone who has the money for school is study something that is going to pay better and be more reliable than this. But if you really want to operate you must start on the ground if you ever want to be any good. Just one guys oppinion.

Rodolfo Gonzalez in Tucson, Arizona

87 months ago

Come out to the Phoenix area or to Tucson, they will hire you on the spot, there is alot of Highway Construction going on.

87 months ago

thank you very much if I didnt have 4 little girls Id be there in a heart beat. Although I am looking for a job, Imnot near as hard up as my wife seams to think we are. But thank you very much I will keep it in mind.

kevin in Westminster, Massachusetts

86 months ago

my opinion. You have to be a very special type of operator to run cranes that pay that kind of money. You may have to set in the crane for 10 hours before you make one pick annd when you do you have to be on top of your game and not drousy, for you may have lots of lives depending on your actions.They dont pay the big money because the crane is that hard to operate. You also have to be very good in math as well as a very good memory. You cant stop and look at your charts before every pick. There are other cranes such as draglines that are harder to master but pay way less. I often think about being a cco but remember how boring it could be. Idont know if this heped at all, but good luck!

Chris Pitre in Moncton, New Brunswick

86 months ago

Rodolfo Gonzalez in Tucson, Arizona said: I am a Certified H E O, I II III. I obtained my certs on Nov of 06. I have been looking for work in Las Vegas and Arizona. Calif. What does it take to get hired. They either want a High School Diploma, or experience, how do you obtain that if no one wants to give you a chance, not even the Unions?

your right i'm from canada i'm certified Heavy Equipment OPERATOR i got a high school diploma plus a got my whmis and transportation of dangeros good ticket and i can't still can't get a job for the reason be NO EXPERIENCE how do you get experience if nobody will hire you
I DON'T GET IT

matt in Shallotte, North Carolina

86 months ago

hey people, I've been reading all the info in the forums about the school ATS. I am planning to start the school next monday in SC, but all this feed back i am reading has kinda got me thinking maybe it isn't worth it. i would really appritiate it if some on who has attended one of these schools could give me some insite on what to expect, is it worth the cash, things to that nature.

mike in Portland, Oregon

86 months ago

Hey Guys...you have to start at the bottom and watch. You have to remember when your in the equipment You have many lives at stake on the ground around you....As a Foreman for an excavation company last year I was knocked into a 12 ft ditch by an inexperienced operator! HE COULD HAVE KILLED ME! He was very sorry and it was a simple mistake, but had he come in and worked on the ground he would have been better a keeping an eye on his suroundings when he was up there!
Basicly the company can't take the chance on you killing someone just be cause you are inexperienced.

mike in Portland, Oregon

86 months ago

mark in Palm Springs, California said: YA, but some of us are 35 years old and have been shoveling since we have been 18 or younger.I have 2 prior years experianc operating an excavator and cant find any work sent resums out all over the country..I just moved to southern california it's so bad here for work operating i have been working for c.l.p.and get to meet lots of excavating companys and contractors people around here say they never seen it this bad for work.I went to the union hall and the ladie told me she had 400 journy men operators laid off right now.I also whent to school in Dothan,Alabama i am NCCER certified in operating a dozer,excavator,back ho & loader.My next step some day is crain but i wounder if it will be the same oll stuff srugling for work and wasted lots of money again

Shoveling since you were 18 and you haven"t retained the skills to move up yet! 2 yrs on an excavator. Pardon for asking, but are you any good? Just because you have the time doesn't mean your good at what you do. Not being rude just realalistic. I have had guys that come in and toot their own horns about how good they are, then you throw a f-cked up stuation at them and they can't hack it. You can't be a sloppy operator either. So sorry guys the industry is just sh-t right now!

mike in Portland, Oregon

86 months ago

Kevin in Westminster, Massachusetts said: I have been an operator for 26 years. I can run everything from backhoe exc. grader,finish dozer, cranes and many more.The only way you are ever going to learn is to be on the ground seeing what needs to be done and how to save the ground man work. Afterall that is what a machine is for.You must gain the operators trust and when there is lax time he will show you.Even if he is a prick. Trust me.My best advice to anyone who has the money for school is study something that is going to pay better and be more reliable than this. But if you really want to operate you must start on the ground if you ever want to be any good. Just one guys oppinion.

Yep yep!!!!!The only way!!!!!

86 months ago

The experience I got from the ATS/NCCER school has not been up to par as to what I think should have happened. They give you basics and little time on a machine.
If I were an employer and someone brought their certificate to me from this school I would be very very hard pressed to put them in a piece of equipment. Look into the local apprentice programs. My take from the school is that there was an introduction to equipment operations and not enough hands on of everyday worksite operations.
March 22 I will take the NCCCO certification test and see what happens from there. Lastly are we trying to get into an industry that is already saturated with operators and we will always be at the end of rhe line.

86 months ago

I am completing my crane training on march, 7th. you will start with low pay, and you will probably not start as a crane operator. most of the starting jobs are $12.00 to $18.00 an hour. I know atleast ten people that have graduated from the Oklahoma college of construction that started at the bottom and was operating within six months. It all depends on who you are. Are you the one that is going to pay all that money and come here to learn everything that they throw at you, or are you the guy that is going to expect everything handed to you and go out and get drunk at you're leasure. I have been here for about four month's and trust me, I see this every day. the one's that don't apply them selves are the first to complain that this school does not help them. I agree that the school is very high for the cost, but it will pay off if you apply you're self.

mark in Palm Springs, California

86 months ago

I would say i am i have never been fired from a job in my life i just left a good job operating to go get certified..Then moved 2000 miles away to try and make more money doing it.And actully i have had a shovel in my hand sice ive been 15.And move up yet??Dont you have to have a job to move up???I am as good as two years experiance will allow with certification.If my ground man can speak english i can do what ever he ask's of me..

mike in Portland, Oregon

86 months ago

Try Oregon guys! Don't need to be cert. just good at what you do & willing to work in Oreogns rain! Good luck to all it's rough out there!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Rodolfo Gonzalez in Tempe, Arizona

86 months ago

All I can tell you is shop for a better school, someone that can offer you better training, there are others out there. Stay away from Schools that are only taking your money. Investigate first. Think with your head and not your feet as alot of us did.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ashley Holgate in Portsmouth, New Hampshire

86 months ago

Brett Bradbury in San Diego, California said:
I saw another equipment training school that was charging only $6200 for an 8 week course! plus they had a sh!t load
more equipment to train on!

You seem to bash ATS but you fail to offer any information on this company that trains for $6200.00? Any idea what their "Level of placement" is? From reading your post you can't:
1. spell
2. form a sentence
3. use proper words

I know you paid lots of money for this school. But you said you paid "Cash" 10K. Wow, I'm impress as to how you got $10K cash with no high-school education? I don't really mean to degrade you but what comes around goes around and seems you were in a fight from the start.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.