Help For Home Health Aid Re-instatement

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (18)

Lesley in Voorhees, New Jersey

104 months ago

I sure hope someone can help me with this. I used to be a Home Health Aid over 10 years ago. I am a Certified Nurse Assistant now and have been for the last 10 years. I want to get my Home Health Aid licence back and I have the Re-instatement Packet. There is a company (Right at Home) that is giving Home Health Aid classes to Certified Nurse Assistants if they want Duel Certification. The classes are
only 10 hours and the CNA can be certified as a CHHA.

But since I was a Home Health Aid 10 years ago and my licence has run out, the lady at the NJ state office
said I can not take this class, I have to go for the full course. This makes no sense at all to me.

A CNA that has never been a Home Health Aid can take this class and be a CHHA in 10 hours. Just because my licence has laps over 10 years they want me to take the full course, pay way more money for the full course, and it take about a month for me to get my licence back.

Does anyone know where i can go for help with this?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (108) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

beverly charles in Jamaica, New York

103 months ago

is there a website i can check the status of my certificate

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (106) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

Lesley in Voorhees, New Jersey

103 months ago

Start here, this form may be for both Nurse Aid and Home health Aid I could not find one for Home health Aid alone.

But if this is no help, look on this site and send an email to someone that may point you in the right direction.

I hope this helps :)

www.nyhealth.gov/nysdoh/healthinfo/webnuraid.htm

nynar.chauncey.com/registry/public/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

gerri in Blackwood, New Jersey

101 months ago

Lesley in Voorhees, New Jersey said: I sure hope someone can help me with this. I used to be a Home Health Aid over 10 years ago. I am a Certified Nurse Assistant now and have been for the last 10 years. I want to get my Home Health Aid licence back and I have the Re-instatement Packet. There is a company (Right at Home) that is giving Home Health Aid classes to Certified Nurse Assistants if they want Duel Certification. The classes are
only 10 hours and the CNA can be certified as a CHHA.

But since I was a Home Health Aid 10 years ago and my licence has run out, the lady at the NJ state office
said I can not take this class, I have to go for the full course. This makes no sense at all to me.

A CNA that has never been a Home Health Aid can take this class and be a CHHA in 10 hours. Just because my licence has laps over 10 years they want me to take the full course, pay way more money for the full course, and it take about a month for me to get my licence back.

Does anyone know where i can go for help with this?

I understand, My cna lapsed because i had to move several times, now the lady at the state told me I have to take the whole class over and it's only been 1 month. For my CHHA I have to take that class over too, that laps about 9 years ago. So, I understand where your coming from.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Kelsey Wahrmann in Syracuse, New York

92 months ago

I have moved to CNY from Brooklyn, and, of course, my certificate has gotten lost in the move. The agency wgere I worked refuses to either send me a copy, or confirm my certification with perspective employers, as per "company policy"As a result, I'm having problems finding a position as a HHA. Anyone know where I can send, or wright, myself, to get my cert? TIA this is VERY important!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lesley in Pennsauken, New Jersey

92 months ago

Try going to where you get your certificate renewed.
They should be able to tell you where to go and what
you have to do to get a copy of it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kelsey Wahrmann in Syracuse, New York

92 months ago

where would that be? I've never had to go get it renewed. Maybe the agency took care of that? If so, I'm out of luck, as they won't give me the cert.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

92 months ago

I found this website, but what it says on it is not very good news for you :(
www.health.state.ny.us/professionals/home_care/curriculum/frequently_asked_questions.htm

Its saying that you will have to take the class again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

92 months ago

Find out first if you have to take the class. In most states you only have to pay to transfer to that state's certificate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

mary

91 months ago

what process do i go through to get chha certification in ny if i already have it in NJ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in Princeton Junction, New Jersey

72 months ago

I have a CNA certificate in NJ, and have been working for about 2 years now. I would also like to get my CHHA certification renewed so I can get some private duty work. I had a CHHA certificate about 10 years ago. I was told i have to take a 10-hr course to get it renewed. where can i go to get this done?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

shorty1944@*****.*** in Palm Bay, Florida

63 months ago

I have a New Jersey HHA licence I am now living in Palm Bay Florida how can I get my licence transfer

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (46) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

AISHIA JONES in Trenton, New Jersey

61 months ago

I hope someone out there can help me. i have been CHHA for 5 years an because i marked other on my renewal form because i was not working at the time. they put my license inactive. at the time the broad of nursing states i was still working . now trying to contact them to get them back . having no luck with that . up for suggestion any one on what to do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ella in Brooklyn, New York

59 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

E&S Home Care Solutions in Jersey City, New Jersey

58 months ago

I Hope this will help:
If your NJ CHHA license is expired or the New Jersey Board of
Nursing records reveal that your Homemaker-Home Health Aide certification has been expired, then you’ll have to reinstate your expired license.
To return to active status as a Homemaker-Home Health Aide on the New Jersey CHHA registry, you must indeed retake the Home Health Aide exam and submit a Homemaker Home Health Aide Reinstatement Application. And you can always do that through one of New Jersey’s regulated Home Health Aide agencies like E&S Home Care Solutions
If your Homemaker-Home Health Aide certification has been expired for more than five years. For this reason, you must repeat the 76-hour Homemaker-Home Health Aide Training Program or a 16-hour Certified Nurse Assistant conversion course (only if you have a current active New Jersey Certified Nurse Assistant license) and submit documented proof from an agency or school that you successfully completed the mandatory training.
Make sure you complete the entire form and submit any copies of required documents. You may also seek assistance and schedule the exam at one of NJ’s regulated and approved agencies that are authorized to administer the Home Health Aide examination and reinstatement submission in New Jersey.
New Jersey Homemaker Home Health Aide Reinstatement Application Fees excluding the Home Health Aide Agency Service fee:

Expiration Date of 2001 and before: $140.00
Expiration Date of 2003: $120.00
Expiration Date of 2005: $100.00
Expiration Date of 2007: $80.00
Expiration Date of 2009: $50.00

One of the NJ’s regulated and approved agencies administering the Home Health Aide examination and reinstatement submission in New Jersey is:

E&S Home Care Solutions
2325 Plainfield Ave, Suite F2
South Plainfield, NJ 07080
www.eshcs.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Keesh in Brooklyn, New York

49 months ago

Hi I've moved and my hha certifcate got lost what do I have to do?

nicole black in Springfield Gardens, New York

27 months ago

I have a pca certificate and I will like to work with your company

Ccongden56@*****.*** in Rome, New York

22 months ago

I like. To k if somebody can tell me I'm chha / Pca for 24 yrs . Moving to florida do I need to transfer my certicate or what I have to do Ty

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.