What are the best House Manager qualifications and training to get ahead?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

What is the best training for becoming a House Manager? What types of ongoing training or certifications are necessary to be an effective House Manager?

What do non-traditional career paths look like?

Reply - Report abuse

medoune in Senegal

76 months ago

I would like to have a list of the best training related to domestic skills improvement and residence management.
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

wagnerbr82 in Mount Vernon, New York

70 months ago

Hello
I am looking for a job in new york area
my informetion i will send by emall
Thak you very much

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Littlemiss in Saint Louis, Missouri

69 months ago

What does a house manager do?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

antocon in Dallas, Texas

60 months ago

Household Managers take care of the daily details of managing a home thereby freeing up time for the employer to do other things. This is a rather general job title and actual duties will vary in each situation. The more complex the residence and the standards of the home, then the more sophisticated and professional the House Manager should be.

Taking care of the daily details can mean that the House Manager is doing some cooking, cleaning, driving and other domestic tasks. At this level, the position is relatively uncomplicated and salaries are often in the $40 - $50,000 range typically with accommodation and medical benefits. The successful employee will often be efficient, skillful and quick, which will usually make the employer happy.

Being the do-it-all person is not the aspiration or best utilization of all Household Managers. By virtue of training and experience more sophisticated Household Managers can utilize a broader range of talents and skills to save employer time and money. Managing staff, anticipating employer needs, being able to think the way the employer thinks, understanding pro active property management, event planning, security understanding luxury items, and more are in the play book of these professionals. It is understood that there is always some hands on involvement and this level of Household Manager will know all the domestic tasks in order to properly supervise, train and fill in if necessary. Salaries can reach to $100,000 for such talented individuals with accommodation and benefits...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (38) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.