Need advice about offering a live in housekeeper position

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Marta Perrone in Los Angeles, California

85 months ago

Most live in positions must be paid a salary with a room and board deduction. If you were to do this legally, it would necessitate your making an offer for a certain amount of hours at minimum wage. Then you could make the deductions based on your State's labor code. My advice is that you do this properly and legally so that you do not run into any problems. After 20 years in the industry and author of 2 books on the subject, my experience tell me that you should check with your labor board first.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

paola in Tempe, Arizona

62 months ago

heloo im searching for a job u think u can hire me i am a very responoble girl thx

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.