have u ever been convicted of a felony? Should this question still be on applications?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

TUCAN SAMM in Sterling Heights, Michigan

48 months ago

I,m former knuckle head who,s turned his life around for the good, but it seems that myself and my family are the only ones who believe me, because every application i,ve filled out seems to find it,s way into the circular file, or at least thats how it feels! I haven,t had one call back yet! and the reason is as soon as an employer see that i,ve checked yes on the felony question it,s basicially a wrap on that job!! That question should be taken off the app and asked at a interview. At least let me get in the door to explain my past and how i,ve changed then decide wheather or not i,m right for the job. I mean it jus seems wrong to let empty words on paper dictate a view of a person. U would not vote for a canidate for president just off of a piece of paper handed to u by someone! U would want to here from this person and see if he/she deserves your vote! so why should it be any different when applying for a job. The average employer is gonna do a backround check anyway so why not let a person explain their sittuation and move forward from there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

EXHAUSTED in Margate City, New Jersey

33 months ago

TUCAN SAMM in Sterling Heights, Michigan said: I,m former knuckle head who,s turned his life around for the good, but it seems that myself and my family are the only ones who believe me, because every application i,ve filled out seems to find it,s way into the circular file, or at least thats how it feels! I haven,t had one call back yet! and the reason is as soon as an employer see that i,ve checked yes on the felony question it,s basicially a wrap on that job!! That question should be taken off the app and asked at a interview. At least let me get in the door to explain my past and how i,ve changed then decide wheather or not i,m right for the job. I mean it jus seems wrong to let empty words on paper dictate a view of a person. U would not vote for a canidate for president just off of a piece of paper handed to u by someone! U would want to here from this person and see if he/she deserves your vote! so why should it be any different when applying for a job. The average employer is gonna do a backround check anyway so why not let a person explain their sittuation and move forward from there.

I agree with you 100%!!!!! I am a single white female with a record too. Turned my life around, and still can't find work. I am tired and worn down looking for work. Can't get welfare, so what the H are we suppose to do. I never hurt anyone but myself. How long do I have to pay for my past mistakes????? There are no jobs for people with a record. Plain and simple, sorry you have a record is all I ever hear. Education and experience mean nothing!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.