What are typical housekeeper salaries?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Host

Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

Tina in Collierville, Tennessee

96 months ago

I clean on my own and a minimum of $60. Then, average at least 20-25 dollars an hour. That is for just "Basic" cleaning. If they want "spring cleaning", then more, esp if laundry is involved.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Marta in Cape Coral, Florida

90 months ago

Tina in Collierville, Tennessee said: I clean on my own and a minimum of $60. Then, average at least 20-25 dollars an hour. That is for just "Basic" cleaning. If they want "spring cleaning", then more, esp if laundry is involved.

very nice, I just would like to ask you, tips to promote my own personal cleaning services

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Saby

90 months ago

Marta in Cape Coral, Florida said: very nice, I just would like to ask you, tips to promote my own personal cleaning services

Craigslist.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Alice Hauser in Urbana, Ohio

90 months ago

What is the basic salary to ask for when working with another COMPANY?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Tina Sansone in Germantown, Tennessee

90 months ago

Marta in Cape Coral, Florida said: very nice, I just would like to ask you, tips to promote my own personal cleaning services

I got a Fsbo (For Sale By Owner) magazine and called the actual homeowner. I said, "while your home is for sale, do you need help with your cleaning?". Most said yes. I got their home to clean, then their new home, usually kept the one they moved from for the new owner, and their friends from word of mouth.

Tina Sansone

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ken in Chico, California

85 months ago

Tina in Collierville, Tennessee said: I clean on my own and a minimum of $60. Then, average at least 20-25 dollars an hour. That is for just "Basic" cleaning. If they want "spring cleaning", then more, esp if laundry is involved.

I charge $15.00 no matter what is involved.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

GG in Charlotte, North Carolina

77 months ago

I just want to say that as a homeowner I have never and never would pay $60 and hour for BASIC (or general cleaning). Most people with their Masters degree do not get paid $60.

The adverage starting salary for cleaning services is $10 per hr and then each individual employer can raise salary accordingly.

Any person looking looking for anything more than that I can bet you will not find work and if you are lucky enough then won't keep the job for long.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.