Top housekeeping supervisor skills needed to get the job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

What are the top 3 traits or skills every housekeeping supervisor must have to excel?

Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your housekeeping supervisor expertise?

Reply - Report abuse

Page in Ottawa, Ontario

36 months ago

Sandra said: I've got 12 yrs. experience in the hotel housekeeping industry. after my husband died at an early age I needed a job fast. I went through the local classifieds and spotted a job as a hotel housekeeper....I had been a stay at home mom and had quit high school....this was what I knew. I started as a rm attend., got my GED and moved up through the ranks from supervisor to now an assistant exectutive housekeeper. The three skills, in my opinion, you must have is pride in your work, time management, and the ability to direct people in a considerate manner.....the rest comes with experiene.

Would you say your speed in cleaning rooms is important in being chosen for a supervisor? My thoughts (correct me if I'm wrong), is that being able to complete 16 rooms in 8 hours (a reasonable mix of check-outs and stay-overs), completing rooms that the room checker doesn't have to spend time fixing, being able to get along with staff and being able to over see certain duties that the hotel manager tells you you are responsible for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

efraim in Manila, Philippines

33 months ago

Sandra said: I've got 12 yrs. experience in the hotel housekeeping industry. after my husband died at an early age I needed a job fast. I went through the local classifieds and spotted a job as a hotel housekeeper....I had been a stay at home mom and had quit high school....this was what I knew. I started as a rm attend., got my GED and moved up through the ranks from supervisor to now an assistant exectutive housekeeper. The three skills, in my opinion, you must have is pride in your work, time management, and the ability to direct people in a considerate manner.....the rest comes with experiene.

hi can you give some idea how to be a house keeping supervisor,, what needs to do and whats the task.. and i need to know if they ask me whats the first things to clean and last,, and i know that they ask about what the measurement of bed or types of that,, can u give pointers to review,, coz i want to apply that job,, but i dont have experience anyway,, i am working in hotel as a waiter for 2 years in abroad,, i saw the supervisor there what they do,,, i think i can be like that,, coz i think its not that hard kind of job,, can u email me regarding this matter... thank maam.. efraim.cecogo@yahoo.com heres my email addres,,,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.