What do you enjoy most about your housekeeping supervisor career?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Host

What do you enjoy most about being a housekeeping supervisor? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

Reply - Report abuse

Sandra

86 months ago

The things that I enjoy most about my position are the people that I work with. We have a very deverse group..American,Hispanic, Russian, Bulgarian, and African....all very different cultures from ways of life, languages, clothing to food.

Every day seems to be a challenge....sometimes it is a seemingly imposible task that the FD throws at you. Like there's a tour bus due to arrive at a certain time and your scrambling trying to get rooms ready, quests that have unreasonble requests that you do your best to accomidate, An entire smoking floor that needs to be converted to non-smoking in a month's time. You have to change all bedding, wash walls and shampoo carpet while you have a 90% occupany on a daily basis...try that one on a month's time limit!

If your good at what you do and have a passion to learn the needs of a hotel you can be successful !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LISA in Tampa, Florida

83 months ago

Sandra
I want to commend you on your job performance as a hskp. supervisor. I just wanted to know what kind of education/ and or training did you have prior to becoming a hotel hskp. supervisor. Did you have any formal education or did you just get promoted to your position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Abdul aziz.K. in Kuwait

75 months ago

As per my knowledge and experience, To become a best HK Supervisor you must start your career from a HK attentand and ofcorse you must be need also some collage level education. In this career atleast in every one week you will learn some thing new!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

khalid eqbal mallick in Doha, Qatar

68 months ago

ihave 11 years of experince in this job.and working at agood bheviour.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

having 11 years of experience . i like this job most

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

I have 11 years experience in this job and presently working in Qatar.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.