BA degree

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Ron in Colton, California

62 months ago

I'm not in the military but I am looking to get a BA, my question is can some one please tell me what specific degrees would I need to be looking at in order to get into the Imagery Analyst field. I know this is a broad question but I need a list of hand full degrees to see the commonality in them. I'm trying to pinpoint the degree I need. Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

scott f. in Seoul, Korea, Republic of

62 months ago

Ron in Colton, California said: I'm not in the military but I am looking to get a BA, my question is can some one please tell me what specific degrees would I need to be looking at in order to get into the Imagery Analyst field. I know this is a broad question but I need a list of hand full degrees to see the commonality in them. I'm trying to pinpoint the degree I need. Thank you!

hey ron i would suggest just getting a degree in basic Intel Analysis. im enrolled in AMUs IA degree in terrorism studies. sorry i forgot to say i am an imagery guy but i know contractors that got on the job training to become GIAs (geospatial imagery analysts). also you could look into NGA's college, it might be open to the public as long as you have the clearance. just make it look like your making an effort and start talking to people at SAIC, NGA, BAE, etc.

good field to join ;)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jeffrey Bessent in Augusta, Georgia

62 months ago

Ron I am a imagery/geospatial analyst in the Army and I have been looking into preferred degree programs for an imagery/geospatial analyst extensively. First of all you cant get into the NGA college unless you have a security clearence. Secondly an Intelligence Analyst is NOT the same thing as an imagery/geospatial analyst. There are intelligence degrees out there that are geared toward an imagery/geospatial analyst. American Military University has the most. Heres what I have found through my research. Just about any BS degree is preferred as well as many BA degrees. If you are going to get a BS degree I know Chemical Engineering, Physics Engineering, Geospatial Science and Geomatics Engineering are preferred degrees. If you are going for a BA degree I know Geography is a preferred degree. I believe computer science might be one as well but im not positive on that. There are other preferred degrees in the BA realm but they escape me right now. Also, you might want to call around to some of the companies that hire imagery/geospatial analysts and ask them what degree programs they prefer for their analysts. If I was you Id call all the three letter agencies (CIA, DIA, NGA, NSA, FBI, etc.). If you would like any more information on preferred degrees or information on what its like being an imagery/geospatial analyst feel free to email me at Jeff2507@AOL.com. take it easy and good luck to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

i hate my field in Alexandria, Virginia

46 months ago

Ha ha!!! Degrees??? That's funny. I've got 2 degrees and I work with people making the same or more as me with NO degrees. It's disgusting because they're not qualified for the work and are pretty damn dumb. However, it's an affirmative action hire, so the federal government is hiring them in droves. And you won't have a problem getting a job if you're a contractor either. SAIC loves ex military people, so do the rest of them. BAH loves them, Boeing....BAE---you name it! And trust me, the hiring manager will bond with you somehow because you were ex military just like him and you'll automatically get the job.

So don't waste your time with a degree. Just go into the military where they teach how to give good head and you'll be golden.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (25) Reply - Report abuse

lopezjbl in Charleston, South Carolina

45 months ago

To the simple minded person from Alexandria, Virginia. You have two degree's and yet you still seem to believe that a "degree" somehow quantifies you as smart or intelligent. A degree does simply shows what your capable of completing and accomplishing. It's a testiment to your ability to be somewhat responsible, lead, and complete a longterm goal. You obviously have never been apart of the military because if you had you would know that serviing four years or more in the military is a testiment to what you can accomplish as well. While you were going to keg parties and tail gate bbq's, the "dumb" men and woman who opted to take the other route were busy learning core values, participating in 4am formations, and conducting war exercises all of which secures the freedoms you take advantage of everyday. Military Imagery Analyst attend a rigorous 960 hour Imagery Analysis Course. This course is Monday-Friday 8 hours a day for 6 months. I challenge you to try to attend this course while also performing physical training 4 days a week at 4am. Followed by formations after school. It is not easy, it is not for everyone, and it is a very stringent program designed to weed out the weak. Upon completion of the 6 month course, the analyst is assigned to unit somewhere in the world. When that new IA get to his/her unit they have to undergo on the job training "OJT". This is where seasoned IA's take the newly graduated IA under their wing and teaches trade craft. The new IA must go through OJT until their trainer feels they are ready to under go a qualifications exam which they must pass in order to work on their own. During the OJT procees the IA must also complete Career Development Course or "CDC's". The IA has one year from the time they complete the initial Imagery Analysis Course to complete the CDC's and pass the exam. It is only then that they become an official "Imagery Analyst". And you say they're not qualified?? Have you had this kind of training?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Nicole Chrisman in Fredericksburg, Virginia

38 months ago

Ron in Colton, California said: I'm not in the military but I am looking to get a BA, my question is can some one please tell me what specific degrees would I need to be looking at in order to get into the Imagery Analyst field. I know this is a broad question but I need a list of hand full degrees to see the commonality in them. I'm trying to pinpoint the degree I need. Thank you!

Look for degrees in Remote Sensing (RS) or Geography these are easy transitions for Imagery Analyst. Penn State and Mich have RS programs.
Nicole
Imagery Analyst
13+ years

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.