Companies most compatable with DCGS IAs

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

John in Sacramento, California

51 months ago

hey everyone im just trying to get a feeler for what is out there right now. Ive been at Beale AFB the past 4 years and i have 2 years left on my enlistment, and i am somewhat tedious about these sorts of things, and id like to hit the ground running and make sure im totally prepared for the transition. I also understand the value of having relative experience in terms of goals and instruments used. Im sure its a pain spinning guys up on software they have never used before, or a operation element that they are completely unfamiliar with (at the same time, there are contractors here at Beale who have never worked DGS work before or used the software we use here so it is not the end all by any stretch). Id just like to be as useful as possible right away without being much of a burden.

I know the DGS's are obviously a place to start, but id like to know a bit more outside of that element and see how relative say....General Atomics in San Diego is to what i already do. I understand the pay difference is substantial to say the least between here and beale and im sure that is because of the deployments, but nonetheless it does appeal to me (if anyone could give me a ballpark estimate of the General Atomics payscale would be greatly appreciated)

Or how about the STRATCOM position out in Colorado Springs, would a DGS analyst be completely useless and have to learn tech school anew for that position?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.