How do I transfer my UK Security Clearance (TS/SCI) to the equivalent US Security Clearance?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

JamesK001 in Manchester, United Kingdom

26 months ago

Hello all,
I'm in the process of leaving the UK Royal Air Force after 22yrs and looking for employment in the United States as an Imagery Analyst. I have recently returned from the US after 2 yrs in Nevada working with UAVs and now looking at employment opprotunities back in the US.
There are quite a few vacancies, however I keep coming against the same issue...getting my Security Clearance aknowledged as being the same as TS/SCI. I have worked in quite a few US military establishments both in the US and overseas and have been on the military database.
Does anybody know of any companies or the best way to get my Security Clearances transferred onto the US system?

Many thanks
James.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jay in Boston, United Kingdom

26 months ago

JamesK001 in Manchester, United Kingdom said: Hello all,
I'm in the process of leaving the UK Royal Air Force after 22yrs and looking for employment in the United States as an Imagery Analyst . I have recently returned from the US after 2 yrs in Nevada working with UAVs and now looking at employment opprotunities back in the US.
There are quite a few vacancies, however I keep coming against the same issue...getting my Security Clearance aknowledged as being the same as TS/SCI. I have worked in quite a few US military establishments both in the US and overseas and have been on the military database .
Does anybody know of any companies or the best way to get my Security Clearances transferred onto the US system?

Many thanks
James.

contact your vetting officer, failing that contact DVA yourself, but i'm not sure whether they will transfer. Have a word with manning, or CI section at HQ Air if you need the phone number give the guardroom a bell on ext 6481

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

Hi, thanks for your reply. No not a US citizen, however I have recently been based in the US for two years and have been employed at various US establishments so my Security clearances have transfered previously. It's just proving difficult dealing with civilian companies.

Jay in Boston, United Kingdom

26 months ago

As you are cleared in the UK and NATO, DVA will hold a reference number for yourself, have a word with the American couter-part to DVA. Also Ministry of Defense clearances are not REAL?????? hmmmmm....

26 months ago

Hello, many thanks for all the replies it has been very helpfull.

Cheers

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.