What do you enjoy most about your industrial electrician career?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Host

What do you enjoy most about being an industrial electrician? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

Reply - Report abuse

Electrician1995 in Rockford, Illinois

83 months ago

I enjoy the fact that I do something for a living that not everyone can do. The part I dislike the most is fixing things that people damage purposely, especially when they aren't held accountable. My job is very challenging and has many opportunities to learn. What keeps me here is the money and the fact that I feel appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mavis Phiri in Lusaka, Zambia

80 months ago

I enjoy repairing machines and ifeel very happy to talk up this job which women feel it is for men only.the thing idont like is the operators switch off the mc deliberately so that they can rest and then call me that there is a fault.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

I enjoy repairing machines and ifeel very happy to take up this job which women feel it is for men only.the thing idont like is the operators switch off the mc deliberately so that they can rest and then call me that there is a fault.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

I enjoy repairing machines and ifeel very happy to talk up this job which women feel it is for men only.the thing idont like is the operators switch off the mc deliberately so that they can rest and then call me that there is a fault.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kbhaskar_ygr@yahoo.com in Tirupati, India

55 months ago

dear sir iam having 7 years experience in power plant electrical field.so now iam interst to em\ntering in cement industry.i need suggestion.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

john heritage in Manchester, United Kingdom

54 months ago

kbhaskar_ygr@yahoo.com in Tirupati, India said: dear sir iam having 7 years experience in power plant electrical field.so now iam interst to em\ntering in cement industry.i need suggestion.

i work for lafarge cement try applying with hansons/cemex/bardons and lafarge

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

William Rutherford in prairieville, Louisiana

13 months ago

Things I like most: high voltage splices and stress cones, knowing I can do something not everybody else can, good class of people to work with (usually), climbing through the rack 30'-60' off the ground, seeing a conduit run complete, straight, level and right. Continuing the electrical craft in my family like my dad, grandpa, and all but one uncle on my dads side.

Things I dislike the most: summer heat, rework due to another craft or damage, MI cable, plastabond, anything fiberglass.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.