Interview Preparation

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming informatica developer interview?

Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?

Reply - Report abuse

Govind in New York, New York

80 months ago

Raja, I am new to Informatica. I wanted to learn informatica. Can you please provide any website and links to learn informatica?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

priya in Hackensack, New Jersey

80 months ago

Govind in New York, New York said: Raja, I am new to Informatica. I wanted to learn informatica. Can you please provide any website and links to learn informatica?

hi Go to LEARNBI.com

Its a good site to learn informatica

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

priya in Hackensack, New Jersey

80 months ago

Host said: Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming informatica developer interview?

Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?

. What is a look up transformation?
What is the difference between a connected look up and unconnected look up?

What is aggregator transformation?

Q. What is a source qualifier? What is meant by Query Override?

Q. What is update strategy and what are the options for update strategy?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mahesh in Bangalore, India

75 months ago

LOOKUP TRANSFORMATIONS:
Lookup Transformation is having two types they are,

1)CONNECTED LOOKUP: A Connected Lookup takes Input Values Directly From Other Transformation in the Pipeline where as,

2)UNCONNECTED LOOKUP: Unconnected Lookup Does not Take Inputs Directly From any other Transformation , but it can be used in any Transformation and can be invoked as a function using :LKP Expression . So, an unconnected lookup can be called multiple times in a mapping

I Hope this will help full to you

Mahesh

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mahesh in Bangalore, India

75 months ago

Q. What is update strategy and what are the options for update strategy?

A:

Informatica processes the source data row-by-row. By default every row is marked to be inserted in the target table. If the row has to be updated/inserted based on some logic Update Strategy transformation is used. The condition can be specified in Update Strategy to mark the processed row for update or insert.

Following options are available for update strategy :

* DD_INSERT : If this is used the Update Strategy flags the row for insertion. Equivalent numeric value of DD_INSERT is 0.
* DD_UPDATE : If this is used the Update Strategy flags the row for update. Equivalent numeric value of DD_UPDATE is 1.
* DD_DELETE : If this is used the Update Strategy flags the row for deletion. Equivalent numeric value of DD_DELETE is 2.
* DD_REJECT : If this is used the Update Strategy flags the row for rejection. Equivalent numeric value of DD_REJECT is 3.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.