Starting out...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

How did you get your start doing inside sales representative work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Reply - Report abuse

Diane M. Henke in Milwaukee, WI

97 months ago

I've worked in Furniture Sales. Salary was based on hourly wages w/bonus incentives for sales over a certain amount. I love working with the public and am interested in a position M-F. Tell me more about inside sales and what kind of experience is required.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

drew in Lake Oswego, Oregon

29 months ago

i got my start as a sales assistant through a temp agency. temp agencies are a good source of temp-to-hire administrative positions. if you have admin skills (data entry, microsoft office) you can ask to be notified if any admin jobs come in within sales depts of companies. there you can learn how to support sales people (crm management, scheduling, posting marketing materials) and learn by watching and listening. hopefully you might even get promoted from within.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tazz in Morristown, New Jersey

8 months ago

Host said: How did you get your start doing inside sales representative work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

The first three books you want to purchase
Steve Schiffman Telemarketing
Tom Hopkins Classic Art of selling
The Art of War SunTsu

Study the closes Then Forget them Go and get your knows bloodied and wish your life was easier Have Fun Taz

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.