What do you enjoy most about your inspector career?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

What do you enjoy most about being an inspector? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

Reply - Report abuse

Robert Gilson in Uniontown, Ohio

74 months ago

What i enjoy most is the people who make the parts. They dont want to make bad parts and will rely on the inspector to inform them, i also like working with set-up men and enginnering department to correct any over sights that maybe looming. Ive been in inspection for over 20 years and i've learned new things each and every day how companys manufacture parts from CNC Machining to Laser and Water Jet cutting Machines to Manufacturing Complex Electrical and Mechincal Ground Support Eguipment for both commercial and the Military. The bad thing is ive been unemployed sence March 08 , ive never had to use a CMM but willing to learn with help. Im not the kind of person that jumps from job to job, i like to stay in one place, to learn and grow with that company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

calvincr1@live.com in Miami, Florida

69 months ago

Host said: What do you enjoy most about being an inspector? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

I am retired now but I plan to reconnect when jobs come back. Inspecting for 21 years
I was always learning new and better ways to communicate what I needed from the people
in the field. I did a lot of listening before responding. Most times they would tell me
where there were problems and code violations. Inspecting means deciding quickly and yes knowing your stuff while standing on your feet.Every day was a classroom.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.