Getting an instructor job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

How did you get your start doing instructor work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in Manhattan Beach, California

84 months ago

I found my first real instructor position advertised on Craig's List. The hiring manager wanted real-world industry experience over advanced degrees and years of teaching. Being positive and really enthusiastic about the subject matter made a great impression. You may also want to do research about teaching methods (hybrid model, lecture versus interative) and student learning styles (auditory, kinetic-tactile, visual) which helps your odds of getting a job. Be prepared to tell your interviewer how you would integrate your course material into the various methods/styles.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mark Hudson in Topeka, Kansas

66 months ago

Lisa in Manhattan Beach, California said: I found my first real instructor position advertised on Craig's List. The hiring manager wanted real-world industry experience over advanced degrees and years of teaching. Being positive and really enthusiastic about the subject matter made a great impression. You may also want to do research about teaching methods (hybrid model, lecture versus interative) and student learning styles (auditory, kinetic-tactile, visual) which helps your odds of getting a job. Be prepared to tell your interviewer how you would integrate your course material into the various methods/styles.

Great advice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.