Jobs in Dallas

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

MckenzieN in Texas

51 months ago

I am currently going to school for instrumentation. I will graduate in December and most likely i will move to dallas, tx. Im currently living in Port Arthur and I know for sure there are lots of jobs here but im afraid that if i move to dallas, there wont be any. Does anyone know if instrumentation is pretty much worldwide or is it just mainly around refineries areas?

thanks in advance guys
(ANY ADVICE WILL BE APPRECIATED)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Tony in Seattle, Washington

51 months ago

Most of my gradautes go to oil refinery work, but a number of others find alternative career paths in instrumentation: pharmaceutical, power generation/distribution, water treatment, commercial building controls (advanced heating/cooling), pulp & paper manufacturing, general manufacturing, etc. Oil refineries tend to pay the best and offer the most diverse and challenging technologies to learn, but it's not the "only game in town" by any means!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

MckenzieN in Texas

51 months ago

thank you so much for your comment. see that is what i learn in school and the degree seem pretty diverse, but when i talk to certain people they told it would be hard. So hopefully i beat all odds and find a good job in dallas!

rzz430 in Fort Worth, Texas

42 months ago

Tony in Seattle, Washington said: Most of my gradautes go to oil refinery work, but a number of others find alternative career paths in instrumentation: pharmaceutical, power generation/distribution, water treatment, commercial building controls (advanced heating/cooling), pulp & paper manufacturing, general manufacturing, etc. Oil refineries tend to pay the best and offer the most diverse and challenging technologies to learn, but it's not the "only game in town" by any means!

Hello Tony,

My name is Rene, I've been in the electrical field for 21 yrs now. I have been able to work with quiet a few techs in the last couple of yrs, which has sparked my interest...Can you refer me to a tech school in the Fort Worth, Tx area?

Thanks,

Rene

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.