MSOE

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Controls guy in Morton, Illinois

49 months ago

I'm currently working as an Automation Technician but I want to continue my education by going to MSOE. Only problem I'm having is finding a job in the field of Instrumentation or Automation that will work with my hours or provide tuition reimbursment. So I'm thinking of maybe just doing contract work while in the area when I'm going to school. This is basically a new venture for me and I don't know how to network or even where to start. Anybody have any experience in this type of venture? And how should I go about that? Any advice would be helpful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Tony in Port Orchard, Washington

49 months ago

You might be better off finding a permanent position with a company that provides tuition reimbursement than to work as a contractor. The problem with contracting from this perspective is that it tends to be unpredictable. You might find yourself working 12 hour days for weeks on end, out of town, making it virtually impossible to get any school work done. Contracting can be great money, and it gives you a wealth of practical experience, but I don't see it being a practical ticket to continuing education.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.