What are the best instrumentation technician qualifications and training to get ahead?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

What is the best training for becoming an instrumentation technician? What types of ongoing training or certifications are necessary to be an effective instrumentation technician?

What do non-traditional career paths look like?

Reply - Report abuse

Controls guy in Morton, Illinois

53 months ago

Host said: What is the best training for becoming an instrumentation technician? What types of ongoing training or certifications are necessary to be an effective instrumentation technician?

What do non-traditional career paths look like?

I wouldn't worry about tunning a loop system because Automation technicians do that. As an instrument tech I would definantly want to know about basic physics and basic circuit knowledge. I do agree with Rusty Nash on knowing something about open and close loops, understanding how a DCS works is good to know too As you gain experience in this field you will eventually become an Automation tech,if you show interest in it.

As for certificate? I don't know of any training or certifications other than "on the job training" or getting an AAS in Engineering Technology with an emphasis in Electrical. I would suggest going the 2 year route of school because this field is hot.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.