What is the best title/certifcation to have in Instrumentation?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

jkshackelford in Beaumont, Texas

40 months ago

I have a BS in Environmental Chemistry and I am currently working on my AS in Instrumentation. What is the best title or cert. to get in the instrumentation field? And, do you make any more money with a certification? Also, what is the future like for Instrumentation Techs/Engineers and what industries are more lucrative? Ex: Refinery/Petrochemical or Healthcare?

Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Random guy in Shreveport, Louisiana

40 months ago

My wife has a BS in Chemistry and makes hamburgers for a living. I have a BSEET and 10 years in the field. Trying to get more money at this point in the economy is sort of futile. With you being green in the technical field you have more options than I do, because you are cheap in a company's opinion. DCS @ a refinery would be a great thing to break into. They will try to screw you salary wise to start with but after a couple of years you can jump companies for a substantial raise. In my field QCS the only way to advance is to jump ship or be a cool kid. Can't relocate right now so options are limited. If you just need a job J and M calibration Lab is looking for a tech in Alexandria, LA they pay 12usd/Hr. That is 1.85/HR more than stocking shelves at Albertsons in Baton Rouge.
Good Luck in your search

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.