Joing Apex-Elite Insurance Marketing Firm

Comments (1 to 50 of 70)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

business girl in O Fallon, Missouri

56 months ago

I am looking on getting feedback on Apex-Elite Insurance. If anyone has good or bad info please reply. Also, If anyone is experienced in insurance reply to their thoughts on starting with a marketing company for insurance.

Green Agent in Arlington, Texas

56 months ago

They are pretty new, I believe

Closer in Manhattan, Kansas

56 months ago

They are directly connected with Senior Healthcare Consultants. Be very careful when dealing with them. You can all kinds of information about Senior Healthcare Consultants on the web. Please do your homework.

Also interested in AE in Greensboro, North Carolina

56 months ago

I found plenty of negative feedback on SHC. Should I assume that AE will yield the same experience?

Worker in Dallas, Texas

56 months ago

Well, I would not assume, you know what people say about those who assume. :) I'd check out their website, send in a resume, and go from there.

Closenator

56 months ago

I checked out the site. I watched their training videos. I sent in my resume. I was given a phone interview. There is a lot of out of pocket when getting started with AE. The first big expense is training in Texas. You have to provide your own transportation, lodging, and meals. BTW, I was interviewed by the same man I read about in another forum concerning SHC. The phone number on the site (not the toll free number) refers to SHC when checked on yellowpages.
SHC by any other name is still SHC.

Closer in Manhattan, Kansas

55 months ago

Closenator said: I checked out the site. I watched their training videos. I sent in my resume. I was given a phone interview. There is a lot of out of pocket when getting started with AE. The first big expense is training in Texas. You have to provide your own transportation, lodging, and meals. BTW, I was interviewed by the same man I read about in another forum concerning SHC. The phone number on the site (not the toll free number) refers to SHC when checked on yellowpages.
SHC by any other name is still SHC.

I used to work for SHC. If you go to work for these people, you will be broke and dejected. Trust me. Been there nd done that!

Kent in Dallas, Texas

55 months ago

I started w/ Apex recently and love it. Great training, support, they set all my appointments, and already making big $$$!! They're doing 100% of what they said they'd do.

Cindy_Austin in Copperas Cove, Texas

55 months ago

Kent in Dallas, Texas said: I started w/ Apex recently and love it. Great training, support, they set all my appointments, and already making big $$$!! They're doing 100% of what they said they'd do.

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN THERE, HOW MUCH OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES UPFRONT, AND HAVE YOU RECOVERED THOSE EXPENSES? IF, SO, IN HOW LONG? hOW ARE THE MAJORITY OF THE SALES STAFF DOING IN THAT RESPECT? PLEASE ADVISE ASAP. THANKS

Kent in Dallas, Texas

54 months ago

Sure Cindy. I've been with Apex since August. Had to pay for my insurance license. Cost me about $250 or so for my on-line class. Then testing cost and state fees, etc. then the cost to come to training. I expected that, though. And yes, I recovered 100% of my expenses easy after my 1st week of training upon going in the field. I stepped up into part-time management after my 3rd month passed. The majority I know on staff seem to be doing fine and excited about being with a new opportunity, not to mention in partnership as a marketing arm endorsed by a billion-dollar corporation (AFG / Great American), click on the center part of the Apex website for that info. But, as you can imagine, direct sales is not for everybody and around a third or so did fail from my original class. I am a top-performer, though, so I can't really speak for the other two-thirds from my class still with us beyond they all seem to be really happy. I do know for certain one thing and that is that I've had to prospect and make my own appointments in the past. Now with this company, I don't and I can focus on just selling b/c they do that for me... which for me, that is huge! Oh, BTW, I really don't see any ties to SHC here, other than I know a few of them were recruited away from SHC for the better opportunity to work in a different environment than SHC had to offer them. Also, more products and flexibility and less mirco-management, as I understand... which I believe b/c I looked at SHC before Apex. Feel free to ask me any other questions and I'll try and get back as soon as I can. Regardless, Good luck!

mark in Saint Louis, Missouri

54 months ago

Kent in Dallas, Texas said: Sure Cindy. I've been with Apex since August. Had to pay for my insurance license. Cost me about $250 or so for my on-line class. Then testing cost and state fees, etc. then the cost to come to training. I expected that, though. And yes, I recovered 100% of my expenses easy after my 1st week of training upon going in the field. I stepped up into part-time management after my 3rd month passed. The majority I know on staff seem to be doing fine and excited about being with a new opportunity, not to mention in partnership as a marketing arm endorsed by a billion-dollar corporation (AFG / Great American), click on the center part of the Apex website for that info. But, as you can imagine, direct sales is not for everybody and around a third or so did fail from my original class. I am a top-performer, though, so I can't really speak for the other two-thirds from my class still with us beyond they all seem to be really happy. I do know for certain one thing and that is that I've had to prospect and make my own appointments in the past. Now with this company, I don't and I can focus on just selling b/c they do that for me... which for me, that is huge! Oh, BTW, I really don't see any ties to SHC here, other than I know a few of them were recruited away from SHC for the better opportunity to work in a different environment than SHC had to offer them. Also, more products and flexibility and less mirco-management, as I understand... which I believe b/c I looked at SHC before Apex. Feel free to ask me any other questions and I'll try and get back as soon as I can. Regardless, Good luck!

Kent would you please email me at docsmark at yah, I'm really close to joining, but I have one question I need to ask you.Please
Mark

mark in Saint Louis, Missouri

54 months ago

business girl in O Fallon, Missouri said: I am looking on getting feedback on Apex-Elite Insurance. If anyone has good or bad info please reply. Also, If anyone is experienced in insurance reply to their thoughts on starting with a marketing company for insurance.

businessgirl I'm in St. Peters, would you please email me docsmark
at yah we really need to talk.
Mark

DIgitalduck in Johnstown, Colorado

54 months ago

Kent in Dallas, Texas said: Sure Cindy. I've been with Apex since August. Had to pay for my insurance license. Cost me about $250 or so for my on-line class. Then testing cost and state fees, etc. then the cost to come to training. I expected that, though. And yes, I recovered 100% of my expenses easy after my 1st week of training upon going in the field. I stepped up into part-time management after my 3rd month passed. The majority I know on staff seem to be doing fine and excited about being with a new opportunity, not to mention in partnership as a marketing arm endorsed by a billion-dollar corporation (AFG / Great American), click on the center part of the Apex website for that info. But, as you can imagine, direct sales is not for everybody and around a third or so did fail from my original class. I am a top-performer, though, so I can't really speak for the other two-thirds from my class still with us beyond they all seem to be really happy. I do know for certain one thing and that is that I've had to prospect and make my own appointments in the past. Now with this company, I don't and I can focus on just selling b/c they do that for me... which for me, that is huge! Oh, BTW, I really don't see any ties to SHC here, other than I know a few of them were recruited away from SHC for the better opportunity to work in a different environment than SHC had to offer them. Also, more products and flexibility and less mirco-management, as I understand... which I believe b/c I looked at SHC before Apex. Feel free to ask me any other questions and I'll try and get back as soon as I can. Regardless, Good luck!

Kent can you please email me at dgtlduck at gee mail i have passed all of my
interviews and need some advice....

james in Pawleys Island, South Carolina

54 months ago

business girl in O Fallon, Missouri said: I am looking on getting feedback on Apex-Elite Insurance. If anyone has good or bad info please reply. Also, If anyone is experienced in insurance reply to their thoughts on starting with a marketing company for insurance.

Good Morning,

I am gathering info and was just wondering what you found out and if you've decided to join. I'm close as well but never sure on who to believe. Thank you.

ministerrec in Portsmouth, Virginia

54 months ago

Kent in Dallas, you posted about a month ago. How are things working for you now?
I'm about to interview with Apex-Elite tomorrow.
I'm already licensed, and looking for a solid opportunity.
All I need to know is that they are legit, and that they will do what the say they'll do.

Kent in Mansfield, Texas

53 months ago

Things are still going great! Even better than before, much better. I really like what I'm doing, it really is a lot of fun. Particularly now with all these crummy group plans cancelling seniors health plans (competitors). Easy biz for us! My sales are through the roof! Seriously, APEX is a solid deal, real opportunity. I'm doing management training now since I am past my 90-day "base camp" period and now that my first-year renewals have grown to a nice amount of month residual since starting in August. Good luck guy in Virginia! I know some consultants there in that state that are doing really well (same with South Carolina and North). Hope you get a position and hit the ground running as I did.

53 months ago

Good info. Does anyone know anyone working in the Myrtle Beach, SC area?

Digitalduck in Johnstown, Colorado

53 months ago

Glad to hear things are working out. I have passes my interviews and was offered a position in thE Colorado area. If anyone wants to shoot me an email to talk that would be great. Thanks. Dgtlduck at geemail

Mason in Richardson, Texas

53 months ago

Actually, I helped train a guy from Myrtle Beach, SC (Horry county). He recently started and is doing great so far. That part of SC is full of seniors from there all the way up to Sumter. Lots of pine trees, lol! As far as Colorado, I know that Apex's #1 newbie to the company (newbies are those that are their 90-day Elite "base camp" period) is from Grand Junction, CO! She writes a ton... her name is Katherine. I am sure to see her at the next convention! Wow.

digitalduck in Loveland, Colorado

53 months ago

Thats teriffifc!..man I wish I could speak with her and run some questions by her, or by anyone really... im still studying for my test, but once i pass ill catch the next testing session in mid Jan.

53 months ago

Mason in Richardson, Texas said: Actually, I helped train a guy from Myrtle Beach, SC (Horry county). He recently started and is doing great so far. That part of SC is full of seniors from there all the way up to Sumter. Lots of pine trees, lol! As far as Colorado, I know that Apex's #1 newbie to the company (newbies are those that are their 90-day Elite "base camp" period) is from Grand Junction, CO! She writes a ton... her name is Katherine. I am sure to see her at the next convention! Wow.

Thanks Mason. I wonder if they are continuing to hire in this region. Any insight on that?

53 months ago

Yep, James in South Carolina, I am certain they are. They are building out that state quick. Now I know why... lots of demand! Hope you can secure a position. Get your license quick if they hire you so you can be in one on the first Jan '11 training classes. Maybe I will get to help train you! I am new to training, but it is exciting to already have the chance to move up. Gotta go. Appointments to be ran!

digitalduck in Loveland, Colorado

53 months ago

Its $20 per appointment

green agant in Dallas, Texas

53 months ago

The fee is 20 bucks not 200

Jeff in Fishers, Indiana

53 months ago

Are there any other agents outside of Dallas, TX? The form they emailed me and asked me to sign clearly says the fee will be $200.

Jeff in Fishers, Indiana

53 months ago

Sorry. I stand corrected. The fee for the preset appointments is $20. I still would like to hear from other agents than Kent in TX. Are there any other agents working for Apex-Elite? Are they making money and how approx. much?

Regaleagle in Wake Forest, North Carolina

53 months ago

I too am looking in to an opportunity with Apex-Elite, and am wondering why no one else who works for the company has posted on this thread...is it really "that" bad? Thanks for any specific info anyone can provide.

Just got a phone call for a second interview...

53 months ago

I work for Apex and I can tell you it is a real deal. I already commented a few times earlier on this blog on my experience thus far working here. I have nothing but good things to say.

regaleagle

53 months ago

Why is it I can't find any information on the company other than their own website. I even tried investigating business listings in Austin. When I called this afternoon to set up a second interview (the person just answered the phone HOUR Dept) I asked the individual I spoke with for a few more details and she got very defensive and could not provide any additional info. She also seemed a bit put off that I could not interview tomorrow...fact being I will be on the road traveling, she responded: well...IF we have any openings left I'll give you a call on Monday, then she hung up.

I'm glad your experiences have been positive but that just turned me right off! Seems shady when you can't find specific info on a company. The explantion was they are "new". I would think that being new one would want to get the word out and create a positive profile...

Green Agent in Richardson, Texas

53 months ago

Well, any new company has to wait a year before the BBB will list them. If they are less than a year old, then that seems pretty standard.

Regaleagle in Wake Forest, North Carolina

53 months ago

Green Agent in Richardson, Texas said: Well, any new company has to wait a year before the BBB will list them. If they are less than a year old, then that seems pretty standard.

I'm not sure about that but if that is true I can understand. I was searching in the white pages, yellow pages, business directories in Austin...no listing anywhere for the company. Seems rather odd? Can you offer any direct links so where I may do some serious research on the company or can you provide any 3rd party contacts? thanks

53 months ago

regaleagle said: Why is it I can't find any information on the company other than their own website. I even tried investigating business listings in Austin. When I called this afternoon to set up a second interview (the person just answered the phone HOUR Dept) I asked the individual I spoke with for a few more details and she got very defensive and could not provide any additional info. She also seemed a bit put off that I could not interview tomorrow...fact being I will be on the road traveling, she responded: well...IF we have any openings left I'll give you a call on Monday, then she hung up.

I'm glad your experiences have been positive but that just turned me right off! Seems shady when you can't find specific info on a company. The explantion was they are "new". I would think that being new one would want to get the word out and create a positive profile...

The address is 11200 Lakeline Boulevard Austin, TX 78717 -- Google it and you will find it is Great American(GAFRI / GALIC), which is owned by American Financial Group (AFG) with whom Apex is under partnership as their newest expansionary marketing arm as of August 2010. Just checked and that is on the Apex website home page front and center and you can click on it to see regarding their AFG partnership...

53 months ago

regaleagle said: Why is it I can't find any information on the company other than their own website. I even tried investigating business listings in Austin. When I called this afternoon to set up a second interview (the person just answered the phone HOUR Dept) I asked the individual I spoke with for a few more details and she got very defensive and could not provide any additional info. She also seemed a bit put off that I could not interview tomorrow...fact being I will be on the road traveling, she responded: well...IF we have any openings left I'll give you a call on Monday, then she hung up.

I called that number on the Apex website (which I assume is the number you called) and they answered me "Human Resources Dept", not HOURS dept. I know they don't do any hiring, only scheduling of 2nd interviews if you qualify as a candidate, they don't know about the position in a person's area (such as NC in your case) for obvious reasons b/c the area manager does the actual hiring for the position(s) they have available. I can't explain why the person you spoke with said she'd call you Monday if a position was available other than they may already have all 2nd interviews filled with candidates or all positions available are filled with new hires scheduled to attend January training from your part of the U.S. (again I am speculating, but that makes sense to me). When I was recruited I did not learn all the specifics of the job until I was able to attend a 2nd interview one on one w/ a manager over my area. Expenses for a position I was hired for was the cost to get licensed and coming to the training class which was reimbursed after full training (at least it was in my case). Best luck

oldschool in Houston, Texas

53 months ago

K

DIgitalduck in Johnstown, Colorado said: Kent can you please email me at dgtlduck at gee mail i have passed all of my
interviews and need some advice....

I would really reconsider joining with them. I terminated my employment with them. Each appointment they set will cost you $20

workfromhome2010 in Argyle, Texas

53 months ago

I am schedule to have my 2nd interview and just wanted to get an idea on income that someone who was new to the businees was making. I have been in Sales for over 15 years but this will be a new venue for me so just wanted to get an idea from a above average performer.

Unavailable in Texarkana, Arkansas

53 months ago

"I stepped up into part-time management after my 3rd month passed."
Kent in Dallas, Texas

1 month ago

then he says...

"I'm doing management training now since I am past my 90-day "base camp" period"
Kent in Mansfield, Texas

15 days ago

So which is it bud? Are you in management or are you training?

Kent in Mansfield, Texas

53 months ago

Training to be in management. Good question.

Derrickshakees in Jackson, Mississippi

53 months ago

I've been with Apex two and half mos. Making an average of about $950 or so per week. Well actually if you include my expense pay I get it is about $1100. Sometimes I making nothing in a week the next I make $2000, then $500 one week then 1700 and so forth. Up and down, but I'm used to that kinda the nature of sales on commission. I know I can do better though soon, still learning the ropes to master it...

workfromhome2010 in Argyle, Texas

53 months ago

Thanks for the information Derrick. Sounds great as you know in sales the sky is the limit.

RyanTeamApexMngrs in Dallas, Texas

53 months ago

workfromhome2010 in Argyle, Texas said: Thanks for the information Derrick. Sounds great as you know in sales the sky is the limit.

(workfromhome2010) - Have you passed your state exam yet? When are you set to start the training class?

shazeldine in Taylor, Michigan

53 months ago

I have been health and life licensed since March 2008. I am scheduled for the class at Apex-Elite for Monday Jan 17th.

53 months ago

shazeldine in Taylor, Michigan said: I have been health and life licensed since March 2008. I am scheduled for the class at Apex-Elite for Monday Jan 17th.

Sweet shazeldine! Your from Michigan. Dang, those guys and gals up there write a ton of business! Particularly those up near Bay City and out in like the central southernmost Michigan. Pete up there is an awesome dude. Good golfer I here too. You should knock homeruns after you've got the hang of things. Good luck and hope to meet ya some day soon! Till then I will stay south of the Mason-Dixon here where it isn't below zero... lol.

Lauren in Atlanta, Georgia

52 months ago

Is there a base pay or is it commission base only?

Apex-Elite General Mngmt in Dallas, Texas

52 months ago

Lauren in Atlanta, Georgia said: Is there a base pay or is it commission base only?

Commission only, Lauren. But now (as of 2011) all starting new consultants have a weekly escrow stipend paid to them every Friday during their first 4-5 weeks with Apex (along with their commission income) to supplement their commission income designed to aid them during their learning curve. Then they earn monthly residual income from their prior months sales usually kicking in around their 2nd or 3rd month and all Apex-Elite consultants earn a $1000 bonus at the end of their 90th day since starting. And every week expense reimbursement is available to all consultants based on their level of production. Best advice, Lauren, you should attend an initial web-conference interview and then if you meet all the qualifications for a 2nd personal one-on-one interview then all will be explained to you in fullest detail. Hope this helps!

Apex-Elite Corporate in Austin, Texas

52 months ago

Commission based. And depending on which Apex-Elite marketing division arm... entry-level weekly pay, weekly expense pay upon qualification, and cash bonuses paid solely by your level of tenure as a consultant.

Apex-Elite Corporate in Austin, Texas

52 months ago

Lauren in Atlanta, Georgia said: Is there a base pay or is it commission base only?

Commission based. And depending on which Apex-Elite marketing division arm... entry-level weekly pay, weekly expense pay upon qualification, and cash bonuses paid solely by your level of tenure as a consultant.

dadgadman in Raleigh, North Carolina

52 months ago

Kent, I am looking for some more asurance about apexelite. How are you doing now and how many of the appointments are you getting are legitimate please. This is a huge deal for me because I would be leaving a full time job and a secure paycheck at least.. hope you can help thanks

52 months ago

Kent did you say you know agents workign in NC or Va that I can talk to?

52 months ago

Kent can you tell me of agents in NC or Va that I can talk to?

52 months ago

I get 3 appointments a day Tuesday thru Friday. Kent, how many do you get out there in Texas?

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.