Salary/ Commision

Comments (4)

detroitagent1014 in Trenton, Michigan

50 months ago

I am a current independent agent with a med size house. I get paid 45% new and renewal on all lines. I am a 1099 contractor and own my book with the agency having first right to buy over 3 years if i retire or move book.
I have had an offer from another long time agency to come over to them as an employee. They are offering me benefits, ltd,std,medical,ltc and 401k. They have a commision scale that is below mine now of course since i would be an employee. so my question... what is standard out there: are agents getting salry lesser commsion, commsion only what are rates for lines. Is this even a good idea, i am not happy at the house i am at, but do i want to be an employee?

Phyllis in Villa Park, Illinois

50 months ago

You can earn up to 90% and have access to a CRM for your leads, generating a website, a dedicated case manager and real time carrier updates. I have been using the system for six years and it's fantastic. I've been in the industry for 15 years. If you want more information, my email is thph27@sbcglobal.net.

quoteme in Hesperia, California

43 months ago

I was reading your remarks and you said you are using a system for six years, I was wondering what system would that be. I've been in the industry for some time myself. Right now I'm not captive. If you could share that would be great.

Berry in Sacramento, California

40 months ago

Phyllis in Villa Park, Illinois said: You can earn up to 90% and have access to a CRM for your leads, generating a website, a dedicated case manager and real time carrier updates. I have been using the system for six years and it's fantastic. I've been in the industry for 15 years. If you want more information, my email is thph27@sbcglobal.net.

Hi,
My name is Berry Sullivan and I was reading your blog and noticed that you mentioned CRM to generate leads. I would be very interested to know more regarding your lead system. I've just started working with a virtual at home whereas I've always had a book of business working in the field. Thank you

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.