Salary/ Commision

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

detroitagent1014 in Trenton, Michigan

41 months ago

I am a current independent agent with a med size house. I get paid 45% new and renewal on all lines. I am a 1099 contractor and own my book with the agency having first right to buy over 3 years if i retire or move book.
I have had an offer from another long time agency to come over to them as an employee. They are offering me benefits, ltd,std,medical,ltc and 401k. They have a commision scale that is below mine now of course since i would be an employee. so my question... what is standard out there: are agents getting salry lesser commsion, commsion only what are rates for lines. Is this even a good idea, i am not happy at the house i am at, but do i want to be an employee?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Phyllis in Villa Park, Illinois

41 months ago

You can earn up to 90% and have access to a CRM for your leads, generating a website, a dedicated case manager and real time carrier updates. I have been using the system for six years and it's fantastic. I've been in the industry for 15 years. If you want more information, my email is thph27@sbcglobal.net.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

quoteme in Hesperia, California

34 months ago

I was reading your remarks and you said you are using a system for six years, I was wondering what system would that be. I've been in the industry for some time myself. Right now I'm not captive. If you could share that would be great.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Berry in Sacramento, California

31 months ago

Phyllis in Villa Park, Illinois said: You can earn up to 90% and have access to a CRM for your leads, generating a website, a dedicated case manager and real time carrier updates. I have been using the system for six years and it's fantastic. I've been in the industry for 15 years. If you want more information, my email is thph27@sbcglobal.net.

Hi,
My name is Berry Sullivan and I was reading your blog and noticed that you mentioned CRM to generate leads. I would be very interested to know more regarding your lead system. I've just started working with a virtual at home whereas I've always had a book of business working in the field. Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.