College grad looking to get into the Intel Analytical field?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Larry in Elmhurst, Illinois

35 months ago

Well as a recent college graduate I am finding it very hard to fit a place that I would be able to even start.

I am looking for any advice on just getting my foot in the door, I obviously don't have any experience so I am not sure how to go about this.

Would a certificate help help me? In reading about them it appears you get training and coursework in the field so maybe that is best?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

polar bear in Fairfax, Virginia

32 months ago

Try your local law enforcment agency or join a military but not everyone gets security clearances because you join. I have a MBA and some private accounting experience -no military. I was lucky enough to get a job with the Federal Gov't (30+ applications) working with a budget. Now I am up in higher food chain and my supervisor signed a clearance form so I can work with top secret monetary transactions. There are many areas of intelligence and not just you see with a pile of Hollywood-made #2s!
There is no point of getting a cert if you're not already working for the agencies. The private companies won't contact unless you have TS or TS/SCI. Look for jobs in USAJobs or AVUEcentral. See if you can apply to jobs that may grant a confidential-level to start with. Watch out for 'stuck in a ditch' jobs with no promotional potentials (getting-my-foot-in-the-door things don't always work!!) Don't just focus on 'intelligence' but 'intelligence-related'. Good Luck to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.