Obtaining Intel Analyst Job (Prior Military, No Longer Hold Clearance)

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Mitomahawk in Orlando, Florida

43 months ago

I was a 96B in the Army until six years ago and served Active Duty for five years. After an IRR tour to Iraq, my clearance expired and my positions in the interim (totally different field) did not require a clearance. I would like to get an Intel Analyst job at any level to re-enter the field, and I understand the critical importance of a clearance. Any suggestions if I do not presently have one but do have prior military, etc.? I'm hesitant to join the Reserves or Guard, but I'm willing to do that if necessary.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

BL in Denver, Colorado

39 months ago

Your best bet is to use your military experience to try to get an internship for a federal agency or private contractor. While I was not an intel analyst while I was in the Army, I still tailored my duties and skills that I had received in the military to what the specific duties of the position I was applying for. Most of the internships take place over the summer, and some are paid, but rare to get. You have to start somewhere and an internship during graduate school is what landed me many job offers.

Just to give you a little background about myself:
B.A. in Political Science (Cum Laude)
M.A. in International Security (3.98 GPA)
Internship with the Office of Naval Intelligence

The internship supplied me with a security clearance and job offer. While I didn't accept it, I have been receiving mulitple job offers since. Hope this helped.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.