Show me the money...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Host

What are typical intelligence analyst salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

Joey in Tacoma, Washington

93 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Bob in Kansas City, Kansas

77 months ago

A usual starting salary can be low. A GS13 step 7 pulls 90+ K as a base salary. A forward deployed overseas GS13 can get base salary and OHA (overseas housing allowance) that may total another 50-75 K depending on country.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ron in Brooklyn, New York

73 months ago

with 4 years experience in SIGINT and a bachelors degree, what is a potential starting salary in the DC area?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

wmj4004 in Alexandria, Virginia

68 months ago

Ron in Brooklyn, New York said: with 4 years experience in SIGINT and a bachelors degree, what is a potential starting salary in the DC area?

I had four years experience in SIGINT in the military and a degree; I started at $70,000 in DC. When I started the job I found out everyone had a similar amount of experience as myself and I was the lowest paid. One coworker with a year less experience had a salary of $95,000/year. $80,000-$85,000/year seems to be the average salary after four years experience. You will find people who make much less but that is simply because they didn't know their worth and were the first to name a salary figure, in essence lowballing themselves.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tony in Hammond, Louisiana

56 months ago

Does anyone know what is the starting salary of someone fresh out of college with no experience? How hard is it to get a entry-level analyst job right now? Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ajd washington dc

56 months ago

IF you can get a job at all without a clearance which will be difficult, you will most likely go in as a GS7 with a bachelors. That is what the FBI starts you out at. DIA is also hiring straight out of college. If you have a masters, you may start as a GS 10. Unfortunately, neither of these grades are enough to live on in Washington DC. Metro. Google GS pay schedules to see what a 7 and 10 make.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

intelligence analyst in Lafayette, Louisiana

55 months ago

www.intelligence-analyst.com has some salary information.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.