few questions in applying for a job (East Asian analyst)

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

pylux in Maryland

30 months ago

I have an active TS/SCI with current DLPT for Korean (3/3), Chinese Mandarin (2/2+), and Japanese (2/2). I am currently serving with 12 yrs of military experience spread in mechanic(7 yrs), infantryman(2 yrs), analyst(2) and logistician(1 yr). And, I have a BA degree.

My questions are:

1. What job (or agency) provides the most training opportunities, especially in language maintenance and acquisition? I am looking for a job that will provide good Chinese Mandarin and Japanese trainings.

2. Should I improve my DLPT score before applying for a job? I was 3+/4 Korean, 2+/2+ Chinese Mandarin, and 3/2+ Japanese in 2008. My scores for Chinese and Japanese went to a decline because my duty positions never required language skills or maintenance trainings. I am certain I can get above 3/3 in Korean, but I would like to any benefits in having the score before applying for a job.

3. Do employers also consider other unrelated skills? I know that I suppose write down relevant skills and experiences in a resume. However, I would like to know if employer really does not care about applicant's other skills, such as foreign small arms, unarmed self defense, EMT, etc.

4. What is the salary range I should expect? I do not have poly or any other fancy things added to TS/SCI, and I was not properly trained as an analyst while wokring in Bd S-2. I would appreciate accuate minimum salary estimate.

Thank you for your help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.