Tips for interpreter interviews.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming interpreter interview?

Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?

Reply - Report abuse

Evelyn in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

108 months ago

One tip is if you are preparing for interpreting interview for a specific field of work for example medical interpreter,legal interpreter would be to get a dictionary for that particular field,or watch tv shows and try to interpreter what you are hearing and see if you are able interpreter correctly.Also you read and translate books, newspaper article and always practice.that is what will make you a good interpreter good work knowledge.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Mato Yanquis in Los Angeles, California

108 months ago

Here's the paradox of working as an interpreter: most prospective employers are rarely qualified to truly assess your language skills. They simply have no clue. Heck, most Americans can't even put together a coherent sentence in their OWN native language of English. Maybe that's another reason why they've elected a moron like GW Bush to represent them. But I digress.

This difficulty in determining foreign language skills is what led to the creation of state & federal certification. If you're certified, THAT will speak for you in any interview. Otherwise you're at the mercy of the shmuck interviewing you and they'll qualify you based on their own language skill levels. THAT sux.

Reply - Report abuse

samuel in Barnsley, United Kingdom

97 months ago

give me your advice to be an interpreter

Reply - Report abuse

Imran in Leeds, United Kingdom

96 months ago

what does the interview involve?what type of qousion they gonna ask me

Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.