Getting an inventory coordinator job.

Comments (2)

Host

How did you get your start doing inventory coordinator work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Michelle Wilkins in Vancouver, Washington

94 months ago

Michelle Wilkins 719-322-4187
1909 NE 82nd St
Vancouver, WA 98665

I have 3 years experience dealing with inventory and 9 months directly working in inventory control. Through my work experience in Chief Industries I have done the following:
· Trained how to conduct cycle counts and familiarized with the MRP system and ABC scale.
· Put in charge of cycle counting and have trained people under me using a color-coding system that I had created.
· In charge of maintaining all paper records, Excel files, Access programs, and Power Point presentations of the cycle counts, recount slips, and transfer slips.
· Kept the paper records accurate by using a numeric filing system.
· Used an alphabetic filing system of all the employees that I had trained.
· Created new procedures throughout the plant.
· Investigated inventory discrepancies using the AS400 program.
· Received parts and assisted shipping with back orders.
· Created new locations for the plant helping with plant organization.
· Conducted a plant wide cycle count in the time of one month in preparation for an audit.
· Held meetings with supervisors to inform them the accuracy levels of their inventory using Power Point presentations.

In addition to my work experience qualifications, I would bring the following personal strengths to this position:
Outstanding teamwork and leadership skills, where I have demonstrated my ability to both contribute and motivate.
A dedicated work ethic.
An innate talent for attention to detail.
Confidence in public speaking.
Motivation to research various books on inventory control to improve my skills on my own time.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.