Top journeyman electrician skills needed to get the job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

Host

What are the top 3 traits or skills every journeyman electrician must have to excel?

Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your journeyman electrician expertise?

Reply - Report abuse

Brian John in Woodbridge, Virginia

102 months ago

The ability to be on time, neat clean and presentable.

The ability to learn new stuff.

A complete set of tools.

I'll teach him the rest

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Milton Gimenez in West Bridgewater, Massachusetts

99 months ago

I am a journeyman with basiclly all the knowllege of an electrician. have my own tools ,i'been doing electrical work since 1992.don't have the money to go for my licence yet because i just got back from florida.I'm looking for a job now.
thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jose Sequeira in New Bedford, Massachusetts

88 months ago

I am a journeyman electrician,have my own tools,own transportation,doing electrical work since 1983.Looking for six mounths now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

sparkymarc in Calgary, Alberta

72 months ago

in order to be a good journeyman electrician is 1: yes be on time 2: be patient with your apprentices and realise that they were once in your shoes. teach them well. 3: and yes, have your own tools. don't let em out of your sight and if you you lend em out, remember who you lent them to! lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

sparkymarc in Calgary, Alberta

72 months ago

pride in your work (no shoddy work), eagerness to learn, and patience are key traits to becoming a good journeyman

Joe Green in Woodbridge, Virginia

65 months ago

Brian John in Woodbridge, Virginia said: The ability to be on time, neat clean and presentable.

The ability to learn new stuff.

A complete set of tools.

I'll teach him the rest

Is this offer still available?

Joe Green

Y-delta in Wilsonville, Oregon

59 months ago

Be on time is good. safety most important.open mind is key, listen, watch, do, even if you already know...this job is experience...not a card!!! be a true too the word general journeyman..which is know everything..... res,com,indust,telecom,data,lv,ems,motors,controls,av,sound,freqs,...etc most of all NEC CODE!! pain in the.....but it is effective. Have fun most of all "Be cool" like a big brother too apprentices. if they respect you they will do whatever you want.....like crawl!!

David R. in La Mirada, California

55 months ago

sparkymarc in Calgary, Alberta said: in order to be a good journeyman electrician is 1: yes be on time 2: be patient with your apprentices and realise that they were once in your shoes. teach them well. 3: and yes, have your own tools. don't let em out of your sight and if you you lend em out, remember who you lent them to! lol

You mean you were once in their shoes.

rltomkinson in Harpers Ferry, West Virginia

54 months ago

Be willing to learn new methods that will save time and money for your employer. Just because you always did something a certain way, does not mean it is the only way or is still the best way. Manufacturers, like Caddy, Gripple, etc. are constantly coming out with new ideas and accessories for doing the job faster.

Indirectfire in Orange Park, Florida

44 months ago

Top Skills too get a Electrician Job
Full Bag of Weed or ability too get one
Kiss butt hourly
Pretend like you no whats going on
Walk around looking at others work
Be able too Comunicate on subjects such as prison life and all types of drugs
Show up on fridays for paycheck
Call all Licensed electricians are just book smart
Understanding that electrical trade is being taken over by staffing companys and your salary peaked the day you hired on

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.