Ibew or Uwua

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 59)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

36572 in Hartland, Michigan

68 months ago

Any insight as to which is a better union to belong to or which has a higher number of members? Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jody in Minneapolis, Minnesota

67 months ago

i am currently a white ticket woker for a union company ive always been non union i hate it here all the union is about is distribution witch is good on a distribution job but this is transmission and this guys dont have a clue and ive never seen so many lazy people in all my live i dont know what this other organization is but it cant be worse tha the union so i'd go with them

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

parstar in LaVerne, California

66 months ago

well jody. first of all i don't know why you were even allowed to come into the union side if you didn't go through a ibew apprenticeship. ibew members have the best training the trade has to offer. I'm from Florida and I've worked with some non-union lineman hands who are damn good on a highline. but, to be a good journeyman lineman you have to know all aspects of linework. trans, distro, underground.. just to name a few. you have to know your craft. why wouldn't you want to earn more wages, get free health insurance and i'll tell you every hour i work 6.90 goes into my retirement. we aren't all about robbing the contractor. but we are up there in the primary or dead ending 765 out of a condor. man that's your family at home. work for less i don't care but i won't. they will cut you so fast come nut cutting time if they have to. at least with a union ticket you can get a job almost anywhere in the country. local 47 JOURNEYMAN lineman 43.06/hr overtime 86.12/hr. u pick.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

jj in Lincoln Park, Michigan

64 months ago

i am a journeyman lineman out of local 17 lookin for work edison is cutting the contractor workforce inb half let me know if there is any work out there

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

whitey

64 months ago

to be or not to be. union workers in my experience are lazy and they are not worth a crap. it shouldnt matter though if you are non union or union. If you are a good worker than you are on my side.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

Mixer Mike in St. Petersburg, Florida

64 months ago

I am interested in becoming a lineman, from St. Pete/Tampa, FL, would be willing to relocate for a good opportunity to start a new career. Actually, I'm driving trucks in Iraq right now, but this company knows how to piss a driver off, so I'm considering to come home soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

jl in Muskegon, Michigan

62 months ago

whitey said: to be or not to be. union workers in my experience are lazy and they are not worth a crap. it shouldnt matter though if you are non union or union. If you are a good worker than you are on my side.

anyone talking like that must be a $15a hr rat

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Deadend in Zanesville, Ohio

62 months ago

When a lineman goes to a storm,after a wks.end receives a check! He's cleared out of a strong HALL,the difference in a UNION check from a non union check is let's say 4000.00 Dollars to the UNION side per wk. Nuf said rats. The only reason a man would argue the FACT is simply because he doesn't know better.UNION

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

a non union wife in Kansas City, Kansas

62 months ago

Currently, my husband is working for a union company, but he is a white ticket. We always hear how good the insurance is in a union company, but our insurance was better for a non-union company. When it comes to using our insurance now, I have a problem with it just about everytime. I wasn't covered until 5 months after my husband started working (when we were told I should have been covered 120 hours that my husband work (a little less than 2 weeks)). For the people who keep arguing about who is better... non-union or union... NO MATTER what side you are on, you will always have those people that don't do any sort of work. Someone will always be lazy, bossy, not know what they are doing, and run there mouths.. Always! My husband is a better and harder worker than any of the union guys at this outfit! So to everyone who is bad mouthing white tickets, not all of them are bad workers!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

proud union wife in ok

62 months ago

my husband has been union for bout 5 years and we have never had it so good. they have a strong brotherhood here and work hard for their money. we have excellent insurance and benefits. my husband has always given a honest days work and hardly ever turns down storm work anywhere. atleast in the union my husband earns what the job is worth. rain, snow, ice, extreme heat ect. he gets paid good. work is really slow right now and times are hard. you just gotta think bout the lives the ol times sacraficed to make this kind of work alot safer through the union of brotherhood. go union!!!! any jobs going on out there post them here. there are alot of guys looking right now. windmill farms in and around woodward wrapping it up. guys are on the move.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

agoodhand@live.com in Vancouver, British Columbia

62 months ago

36572 in Hartland, Michigan said: Any insight as to which is a better union to belong to or which has a higher number of members? Thanks.

go IBEW I am a 20 year member and have excelent benefits.

Right now there is a good 5-8 years work in Canada working for contractors or utilities. transmission, distribution or substations and there will be a pile of transmission work comming up in the US.
Canada is district 1 ibew check out ibew local 424 website or local 258 to get an overview of western canada then go to local 47 ibew and 1245 california usa

any questions????? glad to help out a good union member to help maintain conditions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

agoodhand@live.com in Vancouver, British Columbia

62 months ago

proud union wife in ok said: my husband has been union for bout 5 years and we have never had it so good. they have a strong brotherhood here and work hard for their money. we have excellent insurance and benefits. my husband has always given a honest days work and hardly ever turns down storm work anywhere. atleast in the union my husband earns what the job is worth. rain, snow, ice, extreme heat ect. he gets paid good. work is really slow right now and times are hard. you just gotta think bout the lives the ol times sacraficed to make this kind of work alot safer through the union of brotherhood. go union!!!! any jobs going on out there post them here. there are alot of guys looking right now. windmill farms in and around woodward wrapping it up. guys are on the move.

Check ibew local 424 and local 258 to get an idea about western canada ibew district 1 excellent benefits. Glad to help out good union hands however Question e mail me IBEW has better condition benefits, and training I can give you an idea where work is happenning in North America

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

barehander54 in Chattanooga, Tennessee

58 months ago

jody in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: i am currently a white ticket woker for a union company ive always been non union i hate it here all the union is about is distribution witch is good on a distribution job but this is transmission and this guys dont have a clue and ive never seen so many lazy people in all my live i dont know what this other organization is but it cant be worse tha the union so i'd go with them

I tell u what Jody Im a yellow ticket journeyman lineman, I barehand liveline and love
what i do i can't see me doing anything else and i sure as hell will never go non-union but i will have to say i have worked some of the most lazyiest union brothers lately and it pisses me off im a southren boy i quess we work different here than other places,i do a lot of traveling i have to express if we don't get off the high horse and stop trying to whisle bit the company or costumers we work for the non-union contractors are going to take it over its happening now insteed of sticking together like we supposed to do its every man for himself see it all the time ive been doing this for 12 years and seen a lot of changes in are trade, we have gotten to comfortable with what we have, apprentices need more training what the hell is going on with are trade brothers dont take me wrong i will always be union like i said wtf????is going on with are trade we got to tighten up - I just pushed a crew were JL of 8 to 10 years could not transfer conductor on 69kv 795 i mean are you joking didnt know how to move bells hello line work 101 this is the type of stuff that needs to change are app. are getting that kind of training makes me sick..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Josh in Carrollton, Illinois

57 months ago

I am interested in joining the bloomington, il linemans union. Would like some helpful info. Been self employed for many years but due to eonomy am looking for new career. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

smokey

56 months ago

I,am a journeymen linemen looking for work out west or down south.. I,ve been union for 27 years and wouldn,t give it up for anything. I anyone has some info please contact me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

IBEW Local 11/40 Los Angeles in Bell, California

56 months ago

Striking Truths is wrong about Union work. It is true the union of about 11,000 in Los Angeles (Local 11) has about 700-800 Journeymen Wiremen sitting on the books at most times right now. Less than the current unemployment rate locally and nationally. Looks good to me. Yes a lot of guys are working part time for their shops (not getting 40 hours a week and struggling like everybody else), and this is indicative of the economic climate, and they also do not sit on the books which is skewing my numbers. I am brutally honest. Striking Truths is the guy we pink slip in 1.5-2 weeks for being an a-hole. Plain and simple. Maybe he should get a C-10 and strike out on his own, no? Oh wait, he doesn't have the capacity to be a successful C-10, not in the slightest, and I would know (current C-10 and future signatory contractor).

It has slowed down from the Roaring 90's (sound familiar to the Roaring 20's, yup...it is). I work Local 11 and also Local 40 (studio local), and I am very happy since joining the Union. I was non union for 11 years and do not mind non union, but it is very hard working for small clients. They are cheap like people usually are, and the pay is a lot less.

Lots of Union members are very intelligent and awesome electricians, and they for the most part, work the most. The lazy, unskilled, less intelligent worker is the one who can't make it past a 2 week short call. It is not my fault you cheated during school instead of learning. It is not my fault you aren't a well rounded individual, and I do not just mean "kissing ass", I mean "being respectful to ALL fellow workers, even apprentices. Treat all equally.

A short call just a way to legally abide by the Union contract. If you are worth two cents, an employer will usually keep you, if they have work. If you are all about yourself, they is not very "Union" and back to the bottom of the books you go. It is almost like a punishment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

IBEW Local 11/40 Los Angeles in Bell, California

56 months ago

Barehander54 is right on target. The lazy worker who is not a good union brother is bringing down the union strength. I'll let every junk employee sit on the books until he dies or wakes up and understands reality. I've had my reality check in life, I had to readjust as well. I was a super a-hole once too. Thought I knew it all. Now I see the light.

Our Contract specifies we make north of $60 per hour right now in total. What job can you get without a college degree paying ANYTHING close? None. We are compensated nicely for our work, and we must work 8 for 8 and do quality installations or why would our customers want to pay us $60 per hour-ish plus overhead to work when they can hire non union and get the same type of a-holes. They will not.

So, out of our mid $60 contract, a bit less than $40 goes directly on the check. That is GOOD pay. Most people struggle to make $20 or $25 per hour and struggle to get benefits or pensions or retirements paid for by the employer. The other $20 an hour goes to medical (expensive, but good coverage. I will not discuss this), and pension (at least $7 per hour but I haven't checked the contract lately so I forgot). Some money goes to training the new apprentices (you were trained for free, do not forget. Everybody has the right to learn. This is the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.), and some money into other things I cannot remember off the top of my head, but it goes where it should, in my humble opinion.

So, tell me, you don't like the union? Please leave and get another career. Haggle with your employer over monetary compensation, something the union does for 2% of your pay, called dues, which you pay directly. Dues are CHEAP for representation, again, IMHO. So stop talking crap because you as a bitter spirited individual cannot make it in a career field that is paid very well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

wayne in Cambridge, Massachusetts

54 months ago

whitey said: to be or not to be. union workers in my experience are lazy and they are not worth a crap. it shouldnt matter though if you are non union or union. If you are a good worker than you are on my side.

i agree with you im union and think my brothers and i use that lightly are some of the laziest and stupid people i have ever met thats what the union protects i hate to work harder because of my lazy union broters and sisters and the day i retire i will never talk to them again forgetthe ibew 2321 in mass and one last point i never tell anyone im union because im ashamed to be part of these morons and the only reason im in the union is it is a closed shop

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ike73

54 months ago

You have to cover for other workers, if it's so horrible quit. Oh that's right, you can thank the union for your high wages, the fact you can retire, and health insurance. If you are so great at ur job, go somewhere else. I'm 25 and have over 100,000 dollars in my NEAP(national electrical annuity plan). Will your kids have that advantage when they pick a career? Not if you give it away to companies with executives making too much for 3 or 4 families.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

wayne in Cambridge, Massachusetts

54 months ago

Ike73 said: You have to cover for other workers, if it's so horrible quit. Oh that's right, you can thank the union for your high wages, the fact you can retire, and health insurance. If you are so great at ur job, go somewhere else. I'm 25 and have over 100,000 dollars in my NEAP(national electrical annuity plan). Will your kids have that advantage when they pick a career? Not if you give it away to companies with executives making too much for 3 or 4 families.

you are probably one of the idiots i have to cover do you kick every trbl to cable? 25 years old and a union stooge the union will talk its self out of work just like they did at ge and daly drug thanks to the union my wife lost two jobs the union just turned down an offer and didnt ask the members what they thought they only care about their jobs lets see how much you support them when they lose your job with their barganning come contract time

john in Los Angeles, California

53 months ago

jody in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: i am currently a white ticket woker for a union company ive always been non union i hate it here all the union is about is distribution witch is good on a distribution job but this is transmission and this guys dont have a clue and ive never seen so many lazy people in all my live i dont know what this other organization is but it cant be worse tha the union so i'd go with them

Jody you can't even spell and your badmouthing unions, get your GED first then consider a trade.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Man of steel in Alum Creek, West Virginia

53 months ago

ike in Mchenry, Illinois said: the problem is you are a white ticket. nothing personal but i have worked with several and they weren't to be trusted around energized equipment due to lack of knowledge and training. hence the white ticket, so all you are capable of is transmission, but i would bet our crews would run yours into the ground. we built 23 miles in 2.5 months. that's setting up to 200 foot structures and pulling the conductors in.

How many crews did you have. How many men on each crew? How long per tower per crew? Was the terrain in the smokey mountains or on level ground?

Man of steel in Alum Creek, West Virginia

53 months ago

barehander54 in Chattanooga, Tennessee said: I tell u what Jody Im a yellow ticket journeyman lineman, I barehand liveline and love
what i do i can't see me doing anything else and i sure as hell will never go non-union but i will have to say i have worked some of the most lazyiest union brothers lately and it pisses me off im a southren boy i quess we work different here than other places,i do a lot of traveling i have to express if we don't get off the high horse and stop trying to whisle bit the company or costumers we work for the non-union contractors are going to take it over its happening now insteed of sticking together like we supposed to do its every man for himself see it all the time ive been doing this for 12 years and seen a lot of changes in are trade, we have gotten to comfortable with what we have, apprentices need more training what the hell is going on with are trade brothers dont take me wrong i will always be union like i said wtf????is going on with are trade we got to tighten up - I just pushed a crew were JL of 8 to 10 years could not transfer conductor on 69kv 795 i mean are you joking didnt know how to move bells hello line work 101 this is the type of stuff that needs to change are app. are getting that kind of training makes me sick..

Hello brother. you work for dillard?

Treyspapa in Columbia, Tennessee

52 months ago

Journeyman Lineman 25+ years experience out of 558 in AL but have worked all over,last few years out of 702. Laid off in December and haven't been able to find work anywhere. Willing to go anywhere in the country. Check IBEW job board daily. If anybody know of anyone hiring, I would appreciate you emailing me at carolinedcrews@yahoo.com.

elecdon in Phoenix, Arizona

51 months ago

I'm a Journeyman Lineman with 20 + years in the trade.Let me also state that all of that time has been with the I.B.E.W.,and I will agree on some of the issues being brought up.Yes there are members that shouldn't carry a ticket,but union or non-union isn't the point if your waiting for some one else to pull your weight,then it's time for you to move on down the road.I've worked around hands that scared me to death to watch them.This individuals only still with us by the grace of GOD.No pride in their work,would try to bs his way through things he did'nt understand,fast is good,then come back three times to fix screwups.The company loves him,he has on the job accidents, and it's swept under the carpet,numerous saftey violations,and no disipline,it never happened.It's the mentality of inexperience that feeds on people like this.He has been promoted to construction supervisor the last I heard,minus almost half of his seasoned linehands that said NO.Work smart,Be smart,Ask questions,Know the reason why you are doing it this way,and always watch out for your crew,on the ground, in the air,I've said enough.

unionlineman in San Dimas, California

48 months ago

ELECDON IN PHEONIX PRETTY MUCH SUMMED UP EVERTHING. I AGREE WITH EVERYTHING YOU SAID BROTHER. IM FROM THE SOUTH AND THERE IS ALOT OF NON-UNION. I HAVE HEARD THEY ARE DAMN GOOD TRANSMISSION HANDS AND IM SURE THEY ARE. WE NEED AS UNION BROTHERS NOT TO BE CALLING THESE GUYS RATS OR TALKING ABOUT THEM. IF NOBODY INTRODUCED YOU TO THE UNION WOULD YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT IT WAS. I WILL NOT TALK DOWN TO A GUY THAT HAS A FAMILY AT HOME THAT WORKS FOR PIKE OR IRBY THAT HAS NEVER BEEN SHOWN TO THE UNION SIDE. ALL WE CAN DO IS TRY AND GET THESE GUYS ORGANIZED SO THEY CAN WORK SAFER, SMARTER, AND HAVE BETTER FUTURES FOR THEMSELVES AND THEIR FAMILIES. I AM GLAD I WAS SHOWN UNION BECAUSE THERE IS NO OTHER WAY. 10,000 A WEEK ON HURRICANE IKE. WORKING RIGHT BESIDE PIKE DOING THE SAME WORK FOR 1/2. IF YOU WANNA WORK HARDER AND UNSAFER FOR LESS YOU CAN'T SAY YOU DIDN'T KNOW ANY BETTER. WE NEED TO GET MORE JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN IN THE IO INSTEAD OF WIREMAN. THIS UNION WAS FORMED FROM A TRAMP JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN AND NOW THERE ARE ONLY A HANDFULL IN THE IO. LOCAL 47 HAS A JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN ON THE INTERNATIONAL BOARD AND THANKS TO HIM OUR LOCAL HAS 401K PLAN ADDED TO THE LIST OF RETIREMENT PLANS. HOPEFULLY OTHER LOCALS WILL GET THAT AS WELL. IBEW 47 JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN.

BRADLEY 876 in Columbus, Ohio

47 months ago

spoken like A TRUE SCAB!!!!!!!!!

Irritated in Crystal Lake, Illinois

47 months ago

The unions are great when they have work. When there is no work you are out of luck they do not care. When your hours run out for insurance oh well you can buy it for $800.00 a month. Hello not working have been living on my savings already for 6 months - please go find some work for us. Don't tell me I can't do any work in my trade that you trained me for or you will take away my benefits - if you put me to work I wouldn't need to find another job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anthony Local 357 in Las Vegas, Nevada

46 months ago

Wow, where did you go to school? The union will be better off without you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tina@voltedge

44 months ago

I am a recruiter for a company called VoltEdge Power Recruiting here in San Diego, CA. I am currently looking for Journeyman Station Meter & Relay Tech and a Station Wireman Journeyman. These positions are available in the state of OR and WA. If you or anyone you know is interested in these positions please email me at tina@volt-edge.com for more information.

JOE HILL GOMPERS in Fontana, California

43 months ago

THIS IS TO BAREBUTT,BADHAND!

I KNOW YOUR KIND , YOUR AN OUT RIGHT GOBBLER, BIG CHUNKEY PICES OF IT HOT OR COLD.

YOU MUST BE A BIG SPORTER HEAD, TEAM ,FAN BOY TYPE. GAME , GAME ,GAME!!
LETS GIVE A HIGH FIVE EVERY SECOND AND KNUKLE HOMMIE HAND SHAKE TOO !!

YOU PROBABLY ASK QUESTIONS LIKE WAS YOUR FATHER AN ELECTRICAN /UNION ,
AND A,NSWERE I AM THIRD GENERATION UNION
THIS IS COMMON FROM YOUR TYPE , I KNOW.

DO YOU ASK CO-WORKERS WHAT THEY DID BEFORE THEY CAME INTO THE TRADE??

YOUR KIND IS CONSIDERED TO BE A POMPUS LOUT INDEED.
YOU THINK YOU BUILT ALL OF LOS ANGELS YOUR SELF..

BARE HANDLES HAS ,,POO THAT DONT STINK

BUTTFACE YOUR TURLY ALTURISTIC SLEF-LESS TO THE EXTREEM,
HELP EVERY ONE AT YOUR EXPECNCE .
EIGHT FOR 8 IS YOUR MOTO I CAN TELL ..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

treysmimi in Lawrenceburg, Tennessee

43 months ago

JOE HILL GOMPERS in Fontana, California said: THIS IS TO BAREBUTT,BADHAND!

I KNOW YOUR KIND , YOUR AN OUT RIGHT GOBBLER, BIG CHUNKEY PICES OF IT HOT OR COLD.

YOU MUST BE A BIG SPORTER HEAD, TEAM ,FAN BOY TYPE. GAME , GAME ,GAME!!
LETS GIVE A HIGH FIVE EVERY SECOND AND KNUKLE HOMMIE HAND SHAKE TOO !!

YOU PROBABLY ASK QUESTIONS LIKE WAS YOUR FATHER AN ELECTRICAN /UNION ,
AND A,NSWERE I AM THIRD GENERATION UNION
THIS IS COMMON FROM YOUR TYPE , I KNOW.

DO YOU ASK CO-WORKERS WHAT THEY DID BEFORE THEY CAME INTO THE TRADE??

YOUR KIND IS CONSIDERED TO BE A POMPUS LOUT INDEED.
YOU THINK YOU BUILT ALL OF LOS ANGELS YOUR SELF..

BARE HANDLES HAS ,,POO THAT DONT STINK

BUTTFACE YOUR TURLY ALTURISTIC SLEF-LESS TO THE EXTREEM,
HELP EVERY ONE AT YOUR EXPECNCE .
EIGHT FOR 8 IS YOUR MOTO I CAN TELL ..

To: Joe Hill

I am the wife of a journeyman lineman and posted last year in this forum as he was looking for work at that time. Subsequently - I receive an e.mail when someone posts a comment.I am not trying to start an argument regarding union/non-union, but I have to tell you Joe - before you try to make a point in a public forum, you really need to learn to spell or at the very least, use spellcheck. I am embarrassed for you. Before you choose ANY career - whether it be union or non-union, you should consider some of the adult education courses that are offered in most cities.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

ibewman55@yahoo.com in Climax, Michigan

40 months ago

jl in Muskegon, Michigan said: anyone talking like that must be a $15a hr rat

right on jl,some of the crap ive seen building sub stations in mi. and in.can only make you shake your head and wonder why they keep getting the work,only to call us back in to fix their crap-ibewman55@yahoo.com

linemanwife in Clarkston, Washington

40 months ago

My Husband topped out in August 2009 and has only worked 4 months (Sept 2010-Jan 2011) due to lack of work in our area. If anyone knows of any work going on anywhere, but preferably in the northwest/west coast area we would appreciate a head's up. His home local is IBEW Local 12 but is on the out-of-work books at Local 77 in Spokane, WA as of right now. We live in Washington State. He did his training through Mountain States Line Construction Apprenticeship Program. Also, are there other forums out there specifically for job seeking?

treysmimi in Lawrenceburg, Tennessee

40 months ago

Have you tried the ibew.org? Many locals posts jobs on that site. Good luck to you!

tina@volt-edge.com in Chula Vista, California

40 months ago

I have postions avialable in WA and OR at this time. If you would like more information please email me at Tina@volt-edge.com. I will be more than happy to send you the job discriptions.

Thank you,
Tina

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

linemanwife in Lewiston, Idaho

40 months ago

Hello Tina,

Chad (my husband) said he emailed you about those positions in Oregon and Washington, as he would be very interested. Hoping it did not go to your junk-mail box. I will have him send another email. Or you could email him at peerirby@cableone.net with the job descriptions and he can send you his resume etc.

Thank you for your post.

tina@Volt-Edge.com in Chula Vista, California

40 months ago

Hello,

I just wanted to let you know I forwarded your husband the positions we have available in WA and OR. If he is interested in any of the positions he should forward his resume to me.

Thank you,
Tina

Thien in Fullerton, California

40 months ago

tina@Volt-Edge.com in Chula Vista, California said: Hello,

I just wanted to let you know I forwarded your husband the positions we have available in WA and OR. If he is interested in any of the positions he should forward his resume to me.

Thank you,
Tina

Hey tina i am going to email you my resume for any entry level groundman positions you may have access to. I am willing to travel anywhere to get some experience as I am on the waitlist for an interview with CAL NEV JATC apprenticeship program in riverside,CA. I wanted to get some experience so when the interview comes up I have some background. Thank you. My email is thienjms@gmail.com.

Thien in Fullerton, California

40 months ago

Thien in Fullerton, California said: Hey tina i am going to email you my resume for any entry level groundman positions you may have access to. I am willing to travel anywhere to get some experience as I am on the waitlist for an interview with CAL NEV JATC apprenticeship program in riverside,CA. I wanted to get some experience so when the interview comes up I have some background. Thank you. My email is thienjms@gmail.com.

also, does anyone know where I can get some groundman experience @? I am willing to travel, as I am in California. I signed the groundman books for local 47 and the guy said its a 6 year wait! ughh~~~ does anyone know which local is in need of groundman really bad...I'll even go to Canada. That's how serious I am.

dan in Scranton, Pennsylvania

39 months ago

Josh in Carrollton, Illinois said: I am interested in joining the bloomington, il linemans union. Would like some helpful info. Been self employed for many years but due to eonomy am looking for new career. Thanks.

local 51 IBEW Springfield. Talk to Dan Pridemore and ask about the apprinticeship. he can help with all your questions. the program you will be in is called ALBAT. really good hands their in 51 btw

scab picker in Clovis, California

39 months ago

Thien in Fullerton, California said: also, does anyone know where I can get some groundman experience @? I am willing to travel, as I am in California. I signed the groundman books for local 47 and the guy said its a 6 year wait! ughh~~~ does anyone know which local is in need of groundman really bad...I'll even go to Canada. That's how serious I am.

hit 1245 up
solar projects booming. Soon as the good work begins the book 1&2 hands will quit and they'll hire more from 3&4. if you have no cdl you are pretty much s.o.l.

lineguynwife54

39 months ago

My husband has always been union. He worked for a utility for 24 years right out of HS and went through their apprenticeship program and everything. Then some body got it in their craw for him and a green eyed monster got him fired.(to be honest I think there may have been some misrepresentation on the Unions part, but that is a whole nother story. ) So he went to the Union Hall got on with a contractor and now we,re week to week and not getting the stormwork we were told contractors had.....we're frustrated cos this is not what we were led to believe. Are we just doing it wrong? IS THERE ANYPLACE or ANYONE who can help us know how to do this contracting thing? How do you hook up with storm crews when you are already working? The UH says you can't call there while employed.......we can't quit and hope there is something. Hubs has worked 24 years with ONE company and it isn't like he networked all that time. Anybody willing to help explain this to us or get us going in the right direction? We would love to go South where my family is. What would he need to do to find permanent employment again?

Joe Bob in Leesville, Louisiana

39 months ago

Hello everyone, I'm thinking about trying to get into the lineman trade. I have a Class A CDL and have been working as a driver for a few years. What would be the best way to get into this work. I've heard that some of these lineman schools (in GA) that run $11-12k aren't really worth the money. Is it hard to get on an apprenticeship? Would having gone to one of these schools increase my chances of getting an entry-level job? Since my home is in central FL, and my CDL is from FL, I would only be interesting in working around here, except for the occasional emergency/disaster. It seems union pays better, but non-union pay would probaly work for me. It's tough to find a local min wage job.

Mixer Mike 2 in Jordan

38 months ago

I'm about to enroll at Southeast Lineman Training Center in GA for this fall. Afterwards, I'll be lookin for an entry-lineman job in FL... Anyone else been there?

Mixer Mike 2 in Jordan

38 months ago

LOL...now I'm in Jordan...I wonder where these locations come from...

TROUBLED T-MAN in Dallas, Texas

38 months ago

I'VE BEEN IN THE INDUSTRY FOR 22 YEARS. STARTED ON THE HARD END OF A SHOVEL DIGGING URD SERVICES. FIRST CHANCE I MOVED UP TO OPERATER. LEARNED TO LOCATE,SPLICE AND THUMP URD PRIMARY. WORKED UP TO UNDERGROUND FOREMAN THEN GOT CHANCE TO GO OVERHEAD. SPENT 2 YEARS AS A GRUNT/GROUNDHAND, THEN 4 YEARS AS "A" LINEMAN BEFORE MAKING OH FOREMAN. WORKED A LITTLE TRANSMISSION AND SUBSTATION, LAST 4 YEARS AS TROUBLESHOOTER. I WORK FOR A NON-UNION CONTRACTOR, RIGHT ALONGSIDE UNION T-MEN. MY QUESTION IS HOW CAN I JOIN AND DOES THAT MEAN I'LL HAVE TO START ALL OVER AS AN APPRENTICE OR IS THERE A TIME SERVED PLUS EXAM TO COME IN AT A HIGHER LEVEL? I DONT WANT TO DISREPECT ANYONE IN AN APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAM BY JUMPING OVER THEM, BUT AFTER 22 YEARS I THINK I'VE PAID MY DUES. ANY ADVISE WOULD BE MOST HELPFUL. THANKS

Texas Lineman

38 months ago

Im a Dist./Trans. Journeyman looking to relocate to flordia. Any Jobs in Flordia for a 18 yr. exp. lineman ??????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

linewife54 in Ames, Iowa

38 months ago

Might check sites like tramplineman.com or getpowerlinemanjobs.com. We get alerts from there a lot....

Texas Lineman in Winder, Georgia

38 months ago

Thanks

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.