Top kennel technician skills needed to get the job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

What are the top 3 traits or skills every kennel technician must have to excel?

Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your kennel technician expertise?

Reply - Report abuse

Lori in Sacramento, California

86 months ago

Detail oriented, must note and notify any abnormal signs or behaviors animals may display, ( know signs of distress, common diseases, and medications) ask questions there are never too many questions when animals well-beings are at state.

Demonstrate positive attitude towards pets, co-workers, and customers. Passion for animals. Humanely and gently handle animals at all times.

Having the ability to read an animal and it's behavoir, know when animal is stressed, aggitated, aggressive, friendly, submissive etc. Never put oneself or others at risk.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lyn Black in Duluth, Minnesota

85 months ago

Lori in Sacramento, California said: Detail oriented, must note and notify any abnormal signs or behaviors animals may display, ( know signs of distress, common diseases, and medications) ask questions there are never too many questions when animals well-beings are at state.

Demonstrate positive attitude towards pets, co-workers, and customers. Passion for animals. Humanely and gently handle animals at all times.

Having the ability to read an animal and it's behavoir, know when animal is stressed, aggitated, aggressive, friendly, submissive etc. Never put oneself or others at risk.

I am trying to open my own kennel here in minnesota and am trying to figure out where to start. I have all the experience in animals you could imagine.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.