Are key holder job opportunities growing or declining?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

Are jobs in this industry on the rise? Are there any sub-sectors that are growing?

Where are the jobs? Which places have the most key holder opportunities?

Reply - Report abuse

Derek Bishop in Muncie, Indiana

79 months ago

I work at American Eagle Outfitters as a Sales Associate, hoping to get into management. The first step into getting into management is getting promoted as a key holder. Unfortunately,the company is slowly starting to do away with this position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CR86 in Mays Landing, New Jersey

60 months ago

Derek Bishop in Muncie, Indiana said: I work at American Eagle Outfitters as a Sales Associate, hoping to get into management. The first step into getting into management is getting promoted as a key holder. Unfortunately,the company is slowly starting to do away with this position.

I don't know if this will help you because you posted 19 months ago, but the Key Holder position is still present at AE. It is often known as Seasonal Shift Lead though. It isn't required to be a Key Holder first. You can directly be promoted to Assistant Manager. I was promoted to Key Holder for a month before I was promoted to Assistant Manager, but many co-workers were promoted directly to ASM. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Rebekah in Alexandria, Virginia

37 months ago

I am a sales associate at AE and was just asked to become a seasonal key holder. Should I expect/ask for a raise?

Rebekah in Alexandria, Virginia

37 months ago

I am a sales associate at AE and was just asked to become a seasonal key holder. Should I expect/ask for a raise?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.