Top kindergarten teacher skills needed to get the job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (17)

Host

What are the top 3 traits or skills every kindergarten teacher must have to excel?

Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your kindergarten teacher expertise?

Reply - Report abuse

Beth Rose in Mount Pleasant, Tennessee

95 months ago

Hi! I am going to be a kindergarten teacher and I'd like the answers to this question too! Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (70) / No (49) Reply - Report abuse

hatice okur in Izmir, Turkey

87 months ago

very very happy teacher..:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (41) Reply - Report abuse

Sally in New Castle, Delaware

82 months ago

A Kindergarten teacher needs many skills to make this first school experience magical for these young minds. I feel that the most successful Kindergarten teacher

1) Makes each student feel special by taking the time to greet, talk with and learn something new about them each day

2) Is passionate and enthusiastic about learning evey minute of everyday. It is your job to spark the desire to learn in eac of these new students

3) Is able to provide each student with a strong reading and math background so they have the confidence to start first grade knowing they have teh skills they need to be successful

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (87) / No (29) Reply - Report abuse

Eve in Toms River, New Jersey

75 months ago

Sally in New Castle, Delaware said: A Kindergarten teacher needs many skills to make this first school experience magical for these young minds. I feel that the most successful Kindergarten teacher

1) Makes each student feel special by taking the time to greet, talk with and learn something new about them each day

2) Is passionate and enthusiastic about learning evey minute of everyday. It is your job to spark the desire to learn in eac of these new students

3) Is able to provide each student with a strong reading and math background so they have the confidence to start first grade knowing they have teh skills they need to be successful

Hi Mr. Robinson in Oregon. I've been ask to sub-teach for a Kindergarten teacher who will be leaving in Dec. due to the birth of her 1st child. I would love to ease the stress for those children in her class when I do step in for a while until there primary teacher returns yet, can you let me know how I might I prepare myself in advance? I'm certain a few lesson plans will be waiting for me, however, for those days when not enough lesson plans are available, Should I seek out, in advance, from on-line sites a few "lesson plans" ? Any suggestions? It is my desire for the children to trust I will be working hard for them & have their interest in mind, always. thank you for any help you provide me today.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Ivelisse Arroyo in Tampa, Florida

75 months ago

Right now, I am working as kindergarten teacher assistant and I want to be a kindergarten teacher. I have a Professional Elementary Teacher Certificate of Florida Education Department and 5 years of elementary teaching experience in Puerto Rico. But I am really scared about my english because I don't know if it is enough. I don't have money to pay english classes and I went to some that were free but them were too easy for me. Thank you for your advices.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Kelli in Wilmington, Delaware

74 months ago

Sally in New Castle, Delaware said: A Kindergarten teacher needs many skills to make this first school experience magical for these young minds. I feel that the most successful Kindergarten teacher

Very good answer and Im from New Castle, DE so I had to comment!! I was surprised!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

car crasher in New Iberia, Louisiana

73 months ago

Host said: What are the top 3 traits or skills every kindergarten teacher must have to excel?

Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your kindergarten teacher expertise?

lemon drops on the kids toungs. my kids love it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

taytay in Pasadena, Texas

63 months ago

I advise

1 love what you do

2 make it fun fun fun

3 tell them each day that they are special

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

blah blah blah in Allen, Texas

37 months ago

thx for the help it hlped me with my report i am doing

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

fjkpmhkp in Royse City, Texas

37 months ago

thanx!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

nhfgjhjs in Royse City, Texas

37 months ago

hey this is cool

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Dorothy in Canton, Georgia

33 months ago

hatice okur in Izmir, Turkey said: very very happy teacher..:)

:})>
THATS STEVE!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Dorothy in Canton, Georgia

33 months ago

hatice okur in Izmir, Turkey said: very very happy teacher..:)

:})>
THATS STEVE!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

lala in Papillion, Nebraska

31 months ago

Dorothy in Canton, Georgia said: :})>
THATS STEVE!!

what?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Gracek90 in Siemianowice, Poland

12 months ago

Teacher skills are one thing but I also learned that sometimes this is not enough. That's why with the director of kindergarten in which I work we decided to analyze the profits of such services like that: mykindergarten.co.uk and I have to admitt they are very helpful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Argas in Ozimek, Poland

12 months ago

Could not agree more with you Gracek90. You are right:P

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.