Are kitchen manager job opportunities growing or declining?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

Are jobs in this industry on the rise? Are there any sub-sectors that are growing?

Where are the jobs? Which places have the most kitchen manager opportunities?

Reply - Report abuse

dskinner in Grand Rapids, Michigan

17 months ago

Host said: Are jobs in this industry on the rise? Are there any sub-sectors that are growing?

Where are the jobs? Which places have the most kitchen manager opportunities?

I have worked in health care food service Long Term Care/Acute Rehab. Opportunities are plenty. Look into obtaining your CDM (certified dietary manager) Look on Line ANFP for info.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Corry, Pennsylvania

9 months ago

dskinner in Grand Rapids, Michigan said: I have worked in health care food service Long Term Care/Acute Rehab. Opportunities are plenty. Look into obtaining your CDM (certified dietary manager) Look on Line ANFP for info.

The opportunities are there but how much is your pay? I just landed a job in Dietary Management and the offer for the position was a mere 32k/year in a 140 bed nursing home. Is this around what you're getting paid for your efforts? According to the ANFP survey, the Salary from their sample population was considerably higher.

Thank you for any more info.. I'm trying to talk to others in the same field to get a more realistic expectation of what one can earn.

Mike

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.