Achieve Test Prep

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 160)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

MizzDiva in Sicklerville, New Jersey

26 months ago

Jean in Kennett Square, Pennsylvania said: I love Achieve test prep! Much better than any online course. The price is mnore than fair and I will finish my RN work and NCLEX all within 16 months! The campuses are modern and clean. The instructors are very good and they work with you personally if you have any problems with the course content. I only go once a week for four hours. This is good for my busy LPN schedule. I reccomend this program to everybody. They even write thier own materials for each course. much better than slaving over a huge text book. I already passed 3 tests with POearson testing center and have recieved 12 credits already.

Might I ask, how challenging were THEIR materials? How much actual study time were you putting into their study guides? Did you feel well prepared? (I'm making my final decision about enrolling with them....) Im very skeptical because I've already tried TCN and have to pay the balance on that BAD decision.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bethanynurse in Caldwell, New Jersey

26 months ago

MizzDiva in Sicklerville, New Jersey said: Hello Bethanynurse....
Do you feel the Virtual experience prepared you enough for the exam that you just passed? I've spoken to an instructor and felt fairly comfortable with her responses, however, I'm concerned that the virtual experience may not benefit me as the traditional classroom setting does. I'm afraid to spend the money to learn that the virtual experience is just a glorified module experience which HAS NOT worked for me thus far....
MizzDiva
Vineland, NJ

It is not a glorified module experience. ATP does not use modules for learning. I definately felt that the virtual experience was great for me. The teachers are really great and helpful. I was able to contact the instructor for more information while I was studying. I love the instructors and I think they are great. So far I am passing the tests with no problems. I am really happy with the program.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bethanynurse in Caldwell, New Jersey

26 months ago

Sarah in Danville, Pennsylvania said: I am an LPN with a Bachelor's Degree in a non-nursing related field, so I probably have all the pre-reqs (Sociology, Psych, A&P I and II, microbiology, etc). I am interested in enrolling in the Allentown, PA program. But my question is, where is the actual degree from? I will have my RN from what college ?

Great comments/feedback everyone, thanks!![/QUOTE
I am receiving my degree from Excelsior college. I know the credits I am earning can also be tranfered to other colleges.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

C-Maron in Northampton, Pennsylvania

25 months ago

I am thrilled that i stumbled on these reviews for ATP. I have appointment tonight in Allentown PA to find out more info. Currently taking pre-req for RN at NCC. But I am ALWAYS looking for an alternative to the traditional RN program. This sounds too good to be true. I start Micro at NCC at the end of this month. So according to some of the posts it looks like I only need 1 more class in order to start the Nursing courses with this program. Just waiting to hear the exact price tag!
Thanks ALL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Somiesoms

25 months ago

Sharee in New Paltz, New York said: I am currently stuck in a contract with the college network through Excelsior. I am struggling in one subject area and was looking for an alternative so I can get through this course,and I am unable to do it at my community college.I stumbled upon Achieve yesterday and I tried to look into it further.I had a virtual appointment with one of their representatives and he was very helpful and answered all of my questions. I was relieved that when I asked him If I could take just one or two classes... he said yes! I am excited to know that even though I am stuck in a contract I can seek support and take just one class with Achieve if that is all I need. He let me know about the fees and charges, and they seemed reasonable. I loved that the program is accelerated because honestly doing the entire program on-line is hard enough, not to mention its even more difficult without the motivation, with out deadlines and with out an instructor or support. At this time I have not enrolled with them because I have some reservations. Its a very strong possibility that I will enroll after I have gotten more feedback from others. I thank you all for posting your comments it has given me more to think about.

I am in the same position as you with the college network! I owe them close to 7k and I've yet to take any tests. It's so easy to lose motivation with the college network and fall behind with any online course. I would love to take one class at a time with ATP. Starting off with a&p. If you don't mind me asking, how much did they say one course would cost? Any info you could give me would be very much appreciated. I'm stuck with stupid college network now and I can't afford to take on any more ridiculous loans. Thank u in advance and good luck!

Sharee in New Paltz, New York

25 months ago

I am taking A&P now I have enrolled with ATP and I am pleased! I feel much better prepared for taking my first exam, thanks to this program.As far as the price, Its is about $900.00 per course however, the more classes you take the less each class costs.They offer all the classes and pre-reqs that Excelsior wants us to take for an ASN. They also have a hands on class that prepares you for the clinical. Only take the classes that you need.
When I found myself struggling using TCN I sought an alternative route to continue my education.I am still stuck in a contract with TCN :(. I am taking just one class at a time with ATP for now,as that is what fits into my budget! Plus ATP classes are only aprox 4-10 weeks long, so even by taking one class at a time it is very possible to complete all of the courses in about 14 months, and much quicker if you double up. I will keep you updated on my progress.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

23 months ago

I passed my A and P exam!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

JennferAnand in Willow Grove, Pennsylvania

23 months ago

Sharee in New Paltz, New York said: I passed my A and P exam!

congrats:) I am taking A&P via virtual class but having a hard time following. Can you give any advise on how you prepared for the test? I usually purchase the E practice test but I'm trying to be more prepared. Thanks!

leehaitmanek@yahoo.com in East Brunswick, New Jersey

23 months ago

reggiej in Virginia Beach, Virginia said: hi, I just found out about achieve test prep and also interested in the program. My aunt who lives in nj has a friend who's actually in taking classes and recommended the program. Im skeptical with these online courses, Ive heard many negative things about college network. One thing I like about this program is that you can either be in class or take it online in a virtual classroom setting. The program is fairly priced, Im just worried Im going to miss out on vital clinical time I would get doing a traditional program. I wonder how their clincals are set up. Also, will I be fully prepared to take the nclex at the end. They do not have the nclex passing rate on their website, most schools usually post when theyve achieved a high percentage pass rate. Ive also seen one negative compaint with the BBB in the past 12 months. Not sure what that was about. All in all, Im an LPN looking to get my RN and would love if anyone had any insight, words of encouragement or willing to work together to get this do

23 months ago

leehaitmanek@yahoo.com in East Brunswick, New Jersey said:

This is a great opportunity for an lpn whos busy, its one day a week for four hours, the teachers are excellent and are there for you and will help make sure you feel comfortable before taking a test. I will say this, I ran into my own personal finacial problems and had to withdraw. BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE I paid in full more than $7000, took two classes and am being offered $2011. I will say this I spoke with Judy Acosta before withdrawing, she was one of the most helpful ppl I had dealt with thru ATP, called the rep who enrolled me 6 times with not one call back, he was quick to take my money but couldnt show me the common respect of a phone call back. I called Judy Acosta who returned my every phone call in a timely manner and stuck to her every word, she had informed me of a different amount, that she thought I was entiltled to, when I let her know that some one else was saying $2011 she started looking into it right away. If there is anything you need I suggest you call Judy, as far as Im concerned she was the only one who looked out for my best interest (excluding teachers), she is truly a caring woman who really does have the students best interest at heart. I would have been lost with out all her help. I guess I just want students to know this is really one of the best ways an lpn can go to acheive her RN. Just dont drop or you may get screwed on your refund, and if you need help with anything make sure you ask for Judy Acosta. And if you read this Judy THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

23 months ago

I will say that The Exam I took for A and P with Excelsior was very, very challenging! The best advice I can offer you is to study the subjects that are most difficult. know sequences of events (such as action potential, voltage gated channels, know about cell structure cell composition, functions and membranes, know the urinary system because it is the largest part of the exam)
Make sure to view Excelsiors (most recent) content guide (It has been revised since I took my exam) Here is the info from when I was reviewing for my test.

5% of the exam is a general overview of the body,
5% chemical basis of life,
12% dynamics of support and motion,
23% Integration and Regulatory Mechanisms,
33% Maintenence of the Human Body,
10% urinary system,
5% Fluid and electrolyte balance,
7% reproduction and development.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

JenniferAnand in Warminster, Pennsylvania

23 months ago

Thank you so much for ur advice. I am trying to prepare now. Its very confusing but thank you for your advice :)

23 months ago

JenniferAnand in Warminster, Pennsylvania said: Thank you so much for ur advice. I am trying to prepare now. Its very confusing but thank you for your advice :)

I spoke with Judy Acosta about my reund amount(see my text above)and was informed I will be getting the amount I am entitled to, there was a problem with the computers. So I want to apologize for saying BEWARE that you may not get your refund amount. I will say this, had I not run into my own personal financial situation I would have like to complete there program. ATP is the best way to go for a busy lpn, I have the utmost respect for all the teachers, there extremely caring and helpful and will prepare you for the test(along with your own studying,of course). ATP is the best way you can go to acheive your RN, you can pick your schedule day or evening classes, you can relax and do it at your own pace. We all know theres a waiting list at the colleges at least two years, with ATP you dont have to worry about waiting for a slot to open, you always have a seat. This is the quickest way you can get your RN, no other program I've looked into allows you the flexibility ATP does. I want to say thank you to Judy and the teachers. I wish every student good luck and that this is your best way to go.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Philly frustrated in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

22 months ago

petlover in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Hi-i tried finding some feedback on this program--- they seem to be very good at writing their OWN reviews--- i havent heard anything positive and to add some of what I DID read--people are saying there are a lot of hidden charges. If you do decide to do this--have them disclose EVERYTHING!--good luck

I would greatly appreciate comments from people who have actually completed the program. What did they encounter in the job market?Secondary schools?These are highly relevant issues that I haven't seen addressed in this forum

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Hamp327 in Mount Holly, New Jersey

22 months ago

shakoorah in Trenton, New Jersey said: I have done all of my pre reqs at a community college , I only have 7 nurses classes to take, I should be done in about 6 months

Did you finish the program in 6mths...Just curiouse becae i too finished all my prerequsits.

22 months ago

JennferAnand in Willow Grove, Pennsylvania.... how are things comming along?

Kristin Kaufmann in Jackson, Missouri

20 months ago

I noticed a referral bonus. I'm getting ready to enroll. Anyone want me to give their name? I think they give $50.

Ellen in Modena, New York

20 months ago

Sharee in New Paltz, New York said: JennferAnand in Willow Grove, Pennsylvania.... how are things comming along?

Hi Sharee I live near New Paltz and just put a deposit today to start the program , I was excited to see someone in my area who is enrolled Congrats on assing A&P was that your first class?

20 months ago

Ellen in Modena, New York said: Hi Sharee I live near New Paltz and just put a deposit today to start the program , I was excited to see someone in my area who is enrolled Congrats on Passing A&P was that your first class?[

20 months ago

HAS ANYONE GRADUATED YET?

20 months ago

Hb77 in Allentown, Pennsylvania said: Hey I have a meeting at the campus in Allentown coming up and if anyone has any info on their program I would love to hear about it. I am also an LPN looking to become an RN. They don't tell you much over the phone they just want to meet with you and that makes me skeptical that they may just want you in the door to pressure you. I also read the BBB and saw only one complaint in 12 months. Any info from personal experience will be greatly appreciated.

I was just wondering if you decided to go through the program at ATP in Allentown. I have inquired over the phone about their program. Currently finishing pre-req's at NCC (which i wouldnt need if I did the program through ATP).

20 months ago

Philly frustrated in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I would greatly appreciate comments from people who have actually completed the program. What did they encounter in the job market?Secondary schools?These are highly relevant issues that I haven't seen addressed in this forum

I live in Allentown PA and I did contact "secondary schools" to be sure they would accept courses taken through ATP aka: Excelsior, and I was told by the 2 contacted that they do accept those couses toward BSN although on a "case by case" basis (whatever the hell that means). I also interviewed for major hospital network in the area St. Lukes and asked their HR person if it makes a difference to her where the person earned their RN. She told me NO the only time she "looks twice" at where someone earned their degree would be an "ivy-league" school.

20 months ago

"Ellen in Modena, New York"] Hi Ellen, lets get together!!!!!

20 months ago

If you are available tuesday/tomorrow evening maybe we can meet up at starbucks for a quick chat. Pick a time I will check here for your reply.

20 months ago

Ellen in Modena, New York said:

pick a time and place and I will meet with you any day/ any time.

ellen from/modena in Ossining, New York

20 months ago

Sharee in New Paltz, New York said: If you are available tuesday/tomorrow evening maybe we can meet up at starbucks for a quick chat. Pick a time I will check here for your reply.

Hey that would be good to meet tonight is no good but maybe tomarrow eve we can meet up. Are you still in the program ?

20 months ago

wednesday is good what time?

20 months ago

call me at eight eight three five seven six eight to set up a time I work during day

sam in Westland, Michigan

19 months ago

anyone currently going through rue education???? More input would be very helpful

pat in Hackensack, New Jersey

18 months ago

Judy in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I have passed three tests so far. RN104 RN214 Dev. Pysch. I felt very prepared. You must study about 4 hours per week on your own outside of the four hours in class. All the books and materials are written by achieve test prep for their students aimed specifically at the test you will take.

i am planning to attend achive , can you email me your contact info...
thanks

pat in Hackensack, New Jersey

18 months ago

leehaitmanek@yahoo.com in East Brunswick, New Jersey said: This is a great opportunity for an lpn whos busy, its one day a week for four hours, the teachers are excellent and are there for you and will help make sure you feel comfortable before taking a test. I will say this, I ran into my own personal finacial problems and had to withdraw. BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE I paid in full more than $7000, took two classes and am being offered $2011. I will say this I spoke with Judy Acosta before withdrawing, she was one of the most helpful ppl I had dealt with thru ATP, called the rep who enrolled me 6 times with not one call back, he was quick to take my money but couldnt show me the common respect of a phone call back. I called Judy Acosta who returned my every phone call in a timely manner and stuck to her every word, she had informed me of a different amount, that she thought I was entiltled to, when I let her know that some one else was saying $2011 she started looking into it right away. If there is anything you need I suggest you call Judy, as far as Im concerned she was the only one who looked out for my best interest (excluding teachers), she is truly a caring woman who really does have the students best interest at heart. I would have been lost with out all her help. I guess I just want students to know this is really one of the best ways an lpn can go to acheive her RN. Just dont drop or you may get screwed on your refund, and if you need help with anything make sure you ask for Judy Acosta. And if you read this Judy THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS

did ATP materiel useful to you for the 2 exams you took???

18 months ago

spycat6 in Centereach, New York

18 months ago

Nursemom in Providence, Rhode Island said: Excelsior college is where your degree would be from! I'm enrolled in Acheive as we speak! I think is a good way to go just be aware of the upfront money req'd!! I've put out 1200$ so far (only one month in!) and have payment plans of about 530$ combined with financing costs from both excelsior and Acheive which you cannot get around !! Although it is well worth it be prepared to spend some $!! Good luck!! O... No federal financial aid at all ! Just personal loans or payment plans are available !!'

j

18 months ago

Nursemom in Providence, Rhode Island said: Excelsior college is where your degree would be from! I'm enrolled in Acheive as we speak! I think is a good way to go just be aware of the upfront money req'd!! I've put out 1200$ so far (only one month in!) and have payment plans of about 530$ combined with financing costs from both excelsior and Acheive which you cannot get around !! Although it is well worth it be prepared to spend some $!! Good luck!! O... No federal financial aid at all ! Just personal loans or payment plans are available !!'

I need to start a program to get my RN degree-- I have been an LPN for the past 8 years--- an need a future in nursing!! I am meeting with an advisor from Achieve-- to start the program-- I have most of my pre req's done-- -- should I try one course at a time-- has this program worked for you-- please contact me-- thanks!!

18 months ago

Sharee in New Paltz, New York said: www.achievetestprep.com/

Are you a student at Achieve? Did you complete the courses? I want to start-- but don't want to get suckered in like the college network-- I have been an LPN-- but need a future in nursing-- thinking about retirement!! Do you know anyone that has completed this online education? I wonder if the clinicals will be too hard to pass. please contact me-- thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

18 months ago

I am enrolled, and taking/paying for a single class at a time( no contract for me!). I don' know anyone who has finished yet but the other students in my class only have 1 or 2 classes until they are done.

18 months ago

I am a student I am paying cash /and taking 1 class at a time ( no contract for me)
I feel as though I am learning a lot, and am glad that I found the program. I don't know anyone who has finished, but the other students in my class only have 1 or 2 classes until they are done.

18 months ago

pat in Hackensack, New Jersey said: i am planning to attend achive , can you email me your contact info...
thanks

I want to start taking course through Achieve-- but not sure-if I should take some courses like A + P 1 and Microbiology at the community college near my house, are you in the program

18 months ago

Achieve offers both AP and micro, I believe each of those classes are only 8 weeks long. At a community college they are about 15 weeks long, and most likely that means you will also have to take biology and math befor you can even enroll aa community college... all of that could take up to 3 semesters to complete!
Achieve is the fastest way they have 6, 8 and 10 week classes.If you are going to attend Excelsior you will need to complete both Micro and AP before you take nursing classes/

nurse929 in Kingston, New York

17 months ago

shakoorah in Trenton, New Jersey said: Does anyone have anything good to say about going from LPN to RN thru achieve test prep..I spoke with a rep and the program seems like it would work for me, I tried college network and they were horrible, now i'm stuck with a loan for the horrible no education I received from them..

I am in total agreement.. college network is a rip off!!

17 months ago

Hey nurse929... Have you Joined achieve? I'm in New Paltz. If you want we can talk about the program. email me Treasure2525 that's at gmail :)

Mel in Spring Valley, New York

16 months ago

Bethanynurse in Montclair, New Jersey said: I started the program about 6 months ago and wanted to let you know that Achieve has clinical prep time and a lab at their site in Wayne-that's were I go to take classes. They have IV, wounds, "dummyd' patients. My instructor there said that if we have questions or need to review something we are learning we can just go into the lab area and review. I also only plan on working in NJ and Penn. so I will be fine.

Bethanynurse

I have been in contact with achieve test prep over the phone. I am considering attending the Wayne location or hohokus in Ramsey. I took all my pre reqs at rockland community college. I am very nervous about signing up. I felt a rockland the teachers just lectured straight from the notes and there was NO help for nursing skills. When I took my LPN the teacher was on one side of the bed and the student te other and the student did the procedure along with the teacher and she explained everything as she went. This is what I need.

Nancy in Portland, Oregon

15 months ago

Achieve Test Prep (ATP) does offer both on-site campus/classroom settings at one of its campuses or a virtual classroom setting. The virtual (on-line) classes with ATP are different from other online training programs as ATP students actually log in with a webcam to a live class with a live instructor. RNs teach all the nursing classes, it’s live and there will be a small handful of students logged on with you. Students are able to ask questions and receive answers right then.
With regards to clinical training, ATP now offers a blend of campus and virtual based preparation for the clinical exams. The portion of the campus based course takes place at one of the several ATP campuses. While there, instructors will help you gain all clinical skills you’ll be tested on during your clinical assessment and they’ll work with you until you have what it takes to pass the exam. Then the clinical exams will take place at

15 months ago

reggiej in Virginia Beach, Virginia said: hi, I just found out about achieve test prep and also interested in the program. My aunt who lives in nj has a friend who's actually in taking classes and recommended the program. Im skeptical with these online courses, Ive heard many negative things about college network. One thing I like about this program is that you can either be in class or take it online in a virtual classroom setting. The program is fairly priced, Im just worried Im going to miss out on vital clinical time I would get doing a traditional program. I wonder how their clinicals are set up. Also, will I be fully prepared to take the nclex at the end. They do not have the nclex passing rate on their website, most schools usually post when theyve achieved a high percentage pass rate. Ive also seen one negative compaint with the BBB in the past 12 months. Not sure what that was about. All in all, Im an LPN looking to get my RN and would love if anyone had any insight, words of encouragement or willing to work together to get this done.

Achieve Test Prep (ATP) does offer both on-site campus/classroom settings at one of its campuses or a virtual classroom setting. The virtual (on-line) classes with ATP are different from other online training programs as ATP students actually log in with a webcam to a live class with a live instructor. Students are able to ask questions and receive answers right then.
With regards to clinical training, ATP now offers a blend of campus and virtual based preparation for the clinical exams. The portion of the campus based course takes place at one of the several ATP campuses. While there, instructors will help you gain all clinical skills you’ll be tested on during your clinical assessment and they’ll work with you until you have what it takes to pass the exam.

15 months ago

shakoorah in Trenton, New Jersey said: I met with one of their reps the other day and signed up for the program, I finished all my pre reqs at a community college , so I only have 7 nursing classes I have to take..the payments r a bit steep though, I had the option of paying 261/month without the testing fees included or 330/month with the testing fees for 31 months..if I stay at it I should be done with the program within 6 months..My girlfriend has started with them, took 2 courses and passed both tests so far..definately a far better choice then the college network..the college network sucks really bad, I wouldn't enroll my dog in that program, seriously..I'm trying to figure out how the heck can I get out of that stupid loan I took out from them without them being able to block my lpn renewal or rn license..anyone have any ideas?

NANCY’S COMMENTS:
The cost for Achieve Test Prep is comparable to other bridge programs. However, unlike a home-study program that sends study material to the student - requiring the student to study on their own - Achieve Test Prep provides highly-individualized class room or virtual instruction. Also, Achieve does have a refund policy that allows for all - or a portion (depending on your time in the program) of a refund within a certain time frame. Make sure you understand those parameters. Monthly payments are based on how much you’re able to put down and the number of classes you take. Achieve’s pass rate is an average of %93 to %96 percent. If anyone were to fail a test the first time Achieve provides additional tutoring at no additional cost.

15 months ago

LPN in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I am waiting for them to start their center in Philadelphia. Is there anybody who is waiting for Philly center?

Hi shakoorah & Reggiej, how's their materials and classes? I have joined Chancellor before and I am not at all satisfied with them. That's why I am asking.

As part of your program you’ll receive Achieve Study guides. The comprehensive guides are specifically written to prepare you for your examinations. You'll also be provided with sample tests. The classes involve live instruction whether you take the courses virtually (by web-cam) or by attending one of the campuses. If you attend the courses virtually there will be an instructor dedicated to that virtual class. (Virtual classes are not simply a camera set up on the back of classroom. )

cmlaffey in York, Pennsylvania

15 months ago

Jean in Kennett Square-- Do you have an email or phone number I could reach you at? I'm very interested in speaking to you about this program!

ss1234 in Sicklerville, New Jersey

14 months ago

I am strongly considering Excelsior college and the Achieve test prep but my question is since some states won't accept excelsior grads is it worth it?

If I was to graduate from Excelsior and then persue my Bachelor's at a college or University would I still be restricted to work as a nurse in certain states? All because I graduated from excelsior? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

shakim in Mineola, New York

13 months ago

I have an appointment Wednesday with the director to find our more information. I'm a little worried on how little time you have in the class room and taking the test. I have read all great reviews but no one is really saying how much study time are they putting in? is anyone from Mineola?

13 months ago

shakim in Mineola, New York said: I have an appointment Wednesday with the director to find our more information. I'm a little worried on how little time you have in the class room and taking the test. I have read all great reviews but no one is really saying how much study time are they putting in? is anyone from Mineola?

classes are only 4 hours a week but you still need to put in the time to study. I try to review the lessons , as well as prepare for the following class. It takes time to make flash cards and review the vocabulary, but as long as you do the work and pay attention to the instructor, you should be fine.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.